Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
this really is a dumb thread
is it dumb or just ignorant?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
this really is a dumb thread
Agree. Another dumb question from the OP to be able to post response above.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Default Is Soccer a game or sport? - Friendly Arguments Only

Quote:
Agree. Another dumb question from the OP to be able to post response above.

Its definitely hard to argue.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
defender was pretty cool also.
I was pretty good at Defender, but not nearly as good as I was at Asteroids.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I am God, I have no other name. I will keep this brief because I have a lot on my mind regarding your universe (and other universes). I have stars imploding and exploding all the time and I really don't have time to listen to everyone's frivolous and pathetic problems....You will all need to help yourselves...I will only help you then, maybe if you are worthy.

I can't tell you either if messi is better than ronaldo or suarez. They do not participate in a real sport...In a Real sport you have Real champions like Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt and Kabib Nurmagomedov...Real Champions in Real sports are not voted on, they are indisputable and often times defeat other champions achieve Natural Glory. "To be the best...You must beat the best".

I will leave you with this quote from a famous human:

"the credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whos face is marred with dust sweat and blood. Who at best knows the great enthusiasm and devotion and at worst the bitterness of defeat. So his name shall never be among those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat". T. Roosevelt.
....or you just like sports like swimming, boxing and sprinting better than soccer. I like steak, pizza and a good burger but I dont try to make an argument that collard greens, tofu and brussel sprouts are not a food just because I dont like them. Theyre just not for me.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
....or you just like sports like swimming, boxing and sprinting better than soccer. I like steak, pizza and a good burger but I dont try to make an argument that collard greens, tofu and brussel sprouts are not a food just because I dont like them. They're just not for me.
If you are assuming that i don't like soccer...you could not be more wrong...I played in HS, I have been to two international friendlys, been to many NYC Cosmos Games, NYCFC Games, I have seen two pro games in Barcelona Spain, toured the Barcelona stadium and more than anything I enjoy watching my sons compete on the weekends playing "the most beautiful game". (I will also always cheer for the opposing goal keeper when he makes a good save, its the only real position that takes balls to play when the rest of the team ****s the bed.)

However, Keeping our personal issues aside, including our "likes and dislikes" I don't see based on the criteria provided in the original post...Soccer does not count as a "real sport".

In a real sport we crown champions, real champions that defeat other champions in competition, real champions like Michael Phelps, Khabib Nurmagomedov and Floyd Mayweather jr.

Can anyone tell me who the best (undisputed) soccer or baseball player is without discretion?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
If you are assuming that i don't like soccer...you could not be more wrong...I played in HS, I have been to two international friendlys, been to many NYC Cosmos Games, NYCFC Games, I have seen two pro games in Barcelona Spain, toured the Barcelona stadium and more than anything I enjoy watching my sons compete on the weekends playing "the most beautiful game". (I will also always cheer for the opposing goal keeper when he makes a good save, its the only real position that takes balls to play when the rest of the team ****s the bed.)

However, Keeping our personal issues aside, including our "likes and dislikes" I don't see based on the criteria provided in the original post...Soccer does not count as a "real sport".

In a real sport we crown champions, real champions that defeat other champions in competition, real champions like Michael Phelps, Khabib Nurmagomedov and Floyd Mayweather jr.

Can anyone tell me who the best (undisputed) soccer or baseball player is without discretion?
Please stop; dumb thread.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Please stop; dumb thread.

As a sociological perspective on a persons personality whoever is offended by all of this (boo hoo) will not bother to continue with this thread...it will be to hard and the person will not have the mental strength (mindset) to continue a hard fight....However, if we were to turn the tables on a wrestling or boxing fan...they will be relentless and fight you to the death on this topic.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
As a sociological perspective on a persons personality whoever is offended by all of this (boo hoo) will not bother to continue with this thread...it will be to hard and the person will not have the mental strength (mindset) to continue a hard fight....However, if we were to turn the tables on a wrestling or boxing fan...they will be relentless and fight you to the death on this topic.

What do you think "discretion" means by the way?

An hour and a half, and that's what you come up with, some sophomoric rant about mindset.

You created this thread to shoot down whatever anyone says based on some silly parameters in your own head about what a "sport" is. Now that most of us are calling you out, your response is some school yard taunt about mental toughness. Try this for mentally tough; actually read what was written and acknowledge that you could be wrong.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
You keep posting to keep this thread alive! You just keep replying to yourself so people open the thread wondering who the "people" are keeping this going. The thread actually lost its original concept. Dumb thread.