Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 09-20-2018
Unregistered

the tryouts are small sided games, so like most tryouts, they know who they are looking for and everyone else is just there to make up the #s. no real training in tryouts, so unless you definitely think your kid is in the top 1%, don't be a hero.
Old 09-20-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
the tryouts are small sided games, so like most tryouts, they know who they are looking for and everyone else is just there to make up the #s. no real training in tryouts, so unless you definitely think your kid is in the top 1%, don't be a hero.
While it may be true that they know who they are looking for, I don't necessarily think that what they are looking for is obvious. My daughter definitely wasn't an obvious choice if you went purely on skill compared to many of the other players at the tryout, yet she was selected to the winter showcase team multiple times.

Definitely no harm in going to the tryouts. If selected, you can decide if you want to pay to participate then.
Old 09-20-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
ours is for Oct 29th ..... just trying to get an idea if it is worth it. What is the benefit? to me is sounds like just bragging rights... any real benefit for the child?
Most training with the Red Bulls are high quality. Extra touches, different players and competition is always good, Question then becomes if it's worth your time and money given location etc. Where people get suckered with RBulls is the families of boys who think their kid will get discovered. RDS or other RB training should only be thought of as extra quality training, nothing more.
Old 09-20-2018
Unregistered

By the way.... do you know if there is any agreement btw RB and NYCFC ?

my friend's son is playing for RB regional team and was invited to NYCFC (City training). but his son couldn't join to NYCFC. just curious
Old 09-24-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
By the way.... do you know if there is any agreement btw RB and NYCFC ?

my friend's son is playing for RB regional team and was invited to NYCFC (City training). but his son couldn't join to NYCFC. just curious
seems strange since regional teams aren't yet academy (or academy age), where in season tryouts are verboten. would seem to be unfair for pre-academy kids. can't believe it has anything to do with territory as their territories substantially overlap (unless the kid lives in far west NJ).