Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the parent whose child i told to stop climbing on the unanchored goal

Despite you berating me for telling your child to get off the unachored goal, consider this

https://www.cpsc.gov/content/fifteen...er-on-children

Stalker alert

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Despite you berating me for telling your child to get off the unachored goal, consider this

Lighten up Francis

Comment

This episode has nothing to do with me BUT.... a few years back a child was playing around / climbing on an unsecured goal and another parent yelled (loudly!) for him not to do that. Of course the kid starting crying and the parent (crying kid) was upset that the other parent yelled at the kid. The whole deal... The following week, the exact same thing happened again, another child was climbing on net (loud, yelling Dad was not there) and sure enough we all heard a horrible crash as the goal came crashing down. Thankfully no one hurt/injured/killed, but it definitely woke me up to the issue. So thank you!

Comment

This episode has nothing to do with me BUT.... a few years back a child was playing around / climbing on an unsecured goal and another parent yelled (loudly!) for him not to do that. Of course the kid starting crying and the parent (crying kid) was upset that the other parent yelled at the kid. The whole deal... The following week, the exact same thing happened again, another child was climbing on net (loud, yelling Dad was not there) and sure enough we all heard a horrible crash as the goal came crashing down. Thankfully no one hurt/injured/killed, but it definitely woke me up to the issue. So thank you!
        On a very windy day a full sized goal tipped forward and came crashing down during a game. Luckily the goalie was near the penalty spot. It was years ago, but I still hate to think what might have happened.

Comment

Be a parent and watch your own child.Running around hanging on goals screaming and yelling shows poor parenting skills.We see this everywhere today .And Good for the person who told the kid not to do that,should have been the parent.Games are not a daycare ,your game may be over but others are trying to watch thier kid play without kids screaming and running around thier chair.Courtesy and respect for others.

Comment

http://www.anchoredforsafety.org/incidents.html

Comment

No need to feel bad about it. You would have felt guilty as hell if something did happen. Unfortunately there's loads of bad parents out there not paying attention to their kids physically or emotionally. You can't lecture them about how they're raising them at home, but out in public if there's a safety issue better safe than sorry. Who cares what they think and the fact that they yelled at you confirms they're shi*ty parents

Comment

Be a parent and watch your own child.Running around hanging on goals screaming and yelling shows poor parenting skills.We see this everywhere today .And Good for the person who told the kid not to do that,should have been the parent.Games are not a daycare ,your game may be over but others are trying to watch thier kid play without kids screaming and running around thier chair.Courtesy and respect for others.
                Plus the goals are expensive. Have some respect for other people's stuff.

Comment

Unfortunately some times there is a price to pay for doing the right thing. Most likely they would have been blaming the facility if an accident occurred.

Comment

Unfortunately some times there is a price to pay for doing the right thing. Most likely they would have been blaming the facility if an accident occurred.
                    Suing them is the most likely outcome

Comment

It takes a village. I always appreciated other adults keeping my kids in line when they weren't in eyesight.

Comment

Yes, parents should watch their kids, but stuff happens all the time to good people who lose focus for a short moment. Documented a million times. Good for the parent who did the yelling. If I was that parent who lost focus, I would thank them. That being said, let's take a moment and blame the facility. It is extremely irresponsible to spend the money on good goals and then not secure them to the ground. They should and would be sued if something happened. Parents and coaches should follow up with facilities when they see unsecured goals.

Comment

I had to fill in to coach a 7 year old instructional baseball team a few years ago. The parents and the kids didn't know me. Anyway, I had one rule: Only the kid at bat and the kid on deck (in an 'on deck circle' marked by four orange cones) touch a bat. Second inning the kid on deck Happy Gilmores the cones into the cheap seats, and I (sternly) tell him to set the cones up and not do that again. After I turn my attention back to the rest of the on-field chaos I feel a finger poke me in the back. Turning around I find my eyes chest-level on the kid's jacked dad, biceps bulging and a vein throbbing on his shaved head. Now poking me in the sternum he says "Don't you ever talk to my kid like that again."
                          I said "OK" and sat down.
                          That's the last time I ever spoke to a stranger's kid.
                          Not worth getting punched over.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X