Decent mile times women's college soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every soccer boy should be able to run a mile in under 6 minutes...preferrable under 5:30
    More so, they should be able to run a half mile in under 2:20; a 1/4 mile under 60 seconds, and a 200 meter in under 28 second.

Maybe they should be able to run a 2 mile in under 11:00?
    How about a 5K in under 17:00 or a 10K in under 38:00....afterall, the average soccer player runs 3+ miles per game.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So the thread is "...times for women's college soccer" and your posts states that all should run under 5:30?

The fact that only 2-3 posts provide and credible information, illustrates one of two things about most TS posters. They are:
    1. Incapable of reading comprehension or
    2. Simply clueless

FWIW: There are a couple of D2 women's programs (one in NE and another in the SE) that have a mile time trial fitness test. They are looking for field players to hit 6:40 or better to make the team.

Actually, my post was for boys.....
    Girls should be able to run a mile in around 6

Comment

Train 5-10k's for a strong cardio base, shorter distance sprints (<100m) and intervals for anerobic conditioning, strength training for lower body and core. I know college programs who use the beep test, 40's, 1/4 mile times and 2 mile times as fitness tests. None of those things are specific tonsoccer, just general fitness and athleticism. If you are fit, you will test well regardless. If you are not, you won't. Most programs don't rely on just one test, so don't get hung up on training for a specific test.

Comment

I've a rising HS junior who's looking to play in college. She's interested in knowing what the typical mile times are for d1, d2 and d3. Anyone have this info?
        My D is playing D2 in the fall and they are required to run a 2 mile in under 14 minutes, they don't have a guide for the 1 mile.

Comment

I've a rising HS junior who's looking to play in college. She's interested in knowing what the typical mile times are for d1, d2 and d3. Anyone have this info?
          Dead lifts
          Squats
          Weight training program in college slowed my d's sprint times

Comment

Dead lifts
            Squats
            It was the 12 ounce curls that slowed her times

Comment

It was the 12 ounce curls that slowed her times
              Oh definitely, don’t forget a haircut. Losing those curls will drop a few seconds off a 200

Comment

Oh definitely, don’t forget a haircut. Losing those curls will drop a few seconds off a 200
                Make sure she shaves her legs too :)

Comment

Dead lifts
                  Squats
                  It wasn't the weight training that slowed her down. It was the diet, or lack thereof. I'm sure she packed on muscle, but she likely didn't drop fat to maintain a lean weight. If she came into the competitive season stronger, but heavier, she likely got slower.

Comment

Actually all of fitness tests are useless in soccer. The purpose they serve is to ensure players come in shape fit and ready for preseason.
                    In other words...

NOT useless in soccer?

Comment

....however running around in 4 circles on a 1/4 mile track is not a greater measure of how good of a soccer player one is.
                      Has anyone EVER argued running a timed distance is a great measure of how good a soccer player one is? I know I've read a lot of coach bashing on TS based on that straw man, but I've never actually come across a human being, much less a soccer coach, who said anything like that.

Comment

Train 5-10k's for a strong cardio base, shorter distance sprints (<100m) and intervals for anerobic conditioning, strength training for lower body and core. I know college programs who use the beep test, 40's, 1/4 mile times and 2 mile times as fitness tests. None of those things are specific tonsoccer, just general fitness and athleticism. If you are fit, you will test well regardless. If you are not, you won't. Most programs don't rely on just one test, so don't get hung up on training for a specific test.
                        Pretty straightforward. But it's TS, so we need dozens of bull**** posts to muddy the waters.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X