Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not giving waivers played toward ECNL. Many posts were on here prior to last fall season stating that ECNL were the tops teams.
    as in it made ECNL more attractive?

Comment

By not giving waivers, it did not give all players a clear choice. For those attending private schools, ECNL was their only option at Stars. Then you have players like the prior post said that follow their friends, some of whom had to play ECNL.

as in it made ECNL more attractive?

Comment

By not giving waivers, it did not give all players a clear choice. For those attending private schools, ECNL was their only option at Stars. Then you have players like the prior post said that follow their friends, some of whom had to play ECNL.
        so what would have happened with waivers ?

Comment

Players that attend private schools could have chosen GDA instead of ECNL. At Stars, it was not an option. If players that attended private schools were given waivers, they could have at least had GDA as an option. Perhaps other players would have followed.

so what would have happened with waivers ?

Comment

PDA allowed massive waivers though. People underestimate the signal that sends. If you are going to do that you are NOT giving GDA a real chance. Any younger kid is going to look up to the "stars" on the older teams and say if Jilly does HS, so will I.

You cannot compare FC Stars and PDA for that single reason. a U18/19 player at Stars was faced with a difficult choice. At PDA, less so.

the other part is its pretty clear that the supermarket Clubs are selling a brand. they are marketing and selling TEAM success. I dont think that team success necessarily =/= development.
            Initially USSF didn't want any waivers* but the clubs quickly started complaining about not being able to get enough good players so USSF caved. Had they stuck to it they would have gotten a much better picture of demand instead of the artificial read they got. It really would have forced players' hands had they said no from the start.

*as in grandfathering current HS players, not waivers for private school players which is a separate thing and will continue no matter what

Comment

Initially USSF didn't want any waivers* but the clubs quickly started complaining about not being able to get enough good players so USSF caved. Had they stuck to it they would have gotten a much better picture of demand instead of the artificial read they got. It really would have forced players' hands had they said no from the start.

*as in grandfathering current HS players, not waivers for private school players which is a separate thing and will continue no matter what
              Some clubs complained, not all. the joke is many of the ones who are now opting out, complained.

Comment

Some clubs complained, not all. the joke is many of the ones who are now opting out, complained.
                Couldn't be that they're listening to their customers could it?

Comment

Couldn't be that they're listening to their customers could it?
                  Oh yes that must be it because they care so much about the customers. Give me a brake.

Comment

Oh yes that must be it because they care so much about the customers. Give me a brake.
                    They're a business. If their customers want a product and are willing to pay for it vs possibly losing customers and/or money if they don't? It's pretty a pretty simple choice.

Comment

I have searched and siri'd.
                      Can someone provide the website with game schedule?

Comment

I have searched and siri'd.
                        Can someone provide the website with game schedule?
                        Right there on the DA website:

http://www.ussoccerda.com/2018-summe...nt-information

Comment

They're a business. If their customers want a product and are willing to pay for it vs possibly losing customers and/or money if they don't? It's pretty a pretty simple choice.
                          Have to laugh at all the preseason BS about GDA vs ECNL travel. Looks pretty even to me.

Comment

Have to laugh at all the preseason BS about GDA vs ECNL travel. Looks pretty even to me.
                            What does this comment have to do with listening to customers re HS?
                            My take: you got called out for an idiotic comment and your pea brain deflected

Comment

What does this comment have to do with listening to customers re HS?
                              My take: you got called out for an idiotic comment and your pea brain deflected
                              When analyzing a decision, most level headed people take everything into account, not just just singular elements. I understand your generation has lost the ability to critically think.

Comment

it's not the customers at all. it's that the rosters can be larger and double in ECNL vs. GDA. And a roster or two per age group not combined age group. It's about the money not the customer. They are the Pied Piper. Have fun dancing to their tune.

Money, money, money, monnnney.....moonnney.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X