Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    A daddy coach is a daddy coach. It never ends well.
    Stop. You can’t generalize. There are youth coaches out there that are absolutely horrible that have no ties to the team just as much as your “daddy coaches”. Yes there are instances when dads coaching their kids didn’t work out but there have also been instances where it works and works out really well. The funny thing is this conversation is under the WUP thread but every clubs has at least one team that has a dad on it.

The interesting thing about this site it’s like the political climate in this country. You hear all this screaming from both sides of the spectrum but the majority of people are in the middle and ignore those clowns screaming bloody murder. When it comes to soccer and this site and this thread specifically you ignore the bashers almost as much as you ignore the flag bearers. The majority of people use their own eyes and can see what’s really there for themselves.

Comment

Although that may have been true a couple years ago, this is no longer the case. There aren’t many instances if any at all with the club now. FM has really done a solid job of changing the culture there for the positive. Although politics are never removed from the club, but what club is void of it, they have really tried to change things and it seems to be working. And I am neither a WUP or Pioneers or whatever they are called board member or coach.
      You are most certainly the same board member who keeps posting. You are 100 percent incorrect FM has a very limited base to find coaches. He doesn’t know anyone but Ludlow coaches. They are going to take a huge step backward with him as the sole DOC. He is perhaps the worse of the 5 or so DOCs who have come and gone the last couple of years. And will you stop calling the PDL coaches professional! No other
      Club calls them profesional. The reason NCAA kids can play on the team is that it’s amateur.

Comment

My daughters team played the 2007 Western United Pioneers team both in the fall and spring, and the majority of the team (other than their center) mid had zero skill. A lot of hip checking, jersey yanking, tripping, pushing etc. I believe their coach was the father of one of the players.

Comment

You are most certainly the same board member who keeps posting. You are 100 percent incorrect FM has a very limited base to find coaches. He doesn’t know anyone but Ludlow coaches. They are going to take a huge step backward with him as the sole DOC. He is perhaps the worse of the 5 or so DOCs who have come and gone the last couple of years. And will you stop calling the PDL coaches professional! No other
          Club calls them profesional. The reason NCAA kids can play on the team is that it’s amateur.
          But the ironic thing is most of the WUP coaches aren’t from Ludlow so yet again your information comes from a jaded perspective.

Comment

My daughters team played the 2007 Western United Pioneers team both in the fall and spring, and the majority of the team (other than their center) mid had zero skill. A lot of hip checking, jersey yanking, tripping, pushing etc. I believe their coach was the father of one of the players.
            My d used to play the 06 team until they got relegated. Same type of play though. Fwiw, they tried real hard

Comment

Stop. You can’t generalize. There are youth coaches out there that are absolutely horrible that have no ties to the team just as much as your “daddy coaches”. Yes there are instances when dads coaching their kids didn’t work out but there have also been instances where it works and works out really well. The funny thing is this conversation is under the WUP thread but every clubs has at least one team that has a dad on it.

The interesting thing about this site it’s like the political climate in this country. You hear all this screaming from both sides of the spectrum but the majority of people are in the middle and ignore those clowns screaming bloody murder. When it comes to soccer and this site and this thread specifically you ignore the bashers almost as much as you ignore the flag bearers. The majority of people use their own eyes and can see what’s really there for themselves.
              No political agendas here as I have no ties to WUP nor do I have a dog in the fight. But I personally have just never seen a daddy coach situation work out in the premier or town realm. You're better off without them IMO. Just saying.

Comment

My d used to play the 06 team until they got relegated. Same type of play though. Fwiw, they tried real hard
                Let me get this straight. WUP 06 Finishes 1 Point out of first. Your daughters team is in the same bracket but gets relegated and you are ripping their style of play? Maybe your coach should take some lessons or your daughter just stinks

Comment

Let me get this straight. WUP 06 Finishes 1 Point out of first. Your daughters team is in the same bracket but gets relegated and you are ripping their style of play? Maybe your coach should take some lessons or your daughter just stinks
                  Ummm. 2nd place in premiership 1. Not the top league, when they played in the top bracket they were competitive but didn't win much. Great at kicking the ball long and the parents were spirited.

Comment

No political agendas here as I have no ties to WUP nor do I have a dog in the fight. But I personally have just never seen a daddy coach situation work out in the premier or town realm. You're better off without them IMO. Just saying.
                    I am a dad with national licenses and both my kids and my squads enjoyed having me coach.
                    So stop “saying”...

Comment

But the ironic thing is most of the WUP coaches aren’t from Ludlow so yet again your information comes from a jaded perspective.
                      The only coaches FM knows are one that play on the amateur team. Not good players and worse coaches. The Daddy coaches might be better

Comment

The only coaches FM knows are one that play on the amateur team. Not good players and worse coaches. The Daddy coaches might be better
                        You will say whatever fits your agenda which is to bash WUP. Just go and focus on whatever club you’re associated with and stop being so negative. These kids work hard as do the kids that play for whatever program you’re involved with. Understand that it is about the kids and not your agenda, unless that is your job at this point.

And you do understand that FM has extensive contacts outside of WUP based on past coaching experiences too. You make it seem like he just arrived and has no history of the club soccer scene. It’s just more comments that fit your agenda. Educate yourself on how to focus on the children and on facts. It may help.

Comment

You will say whatever fits your agenda which is to bash WUP. Just go and focus on whatever club you’re associated with and stop being so negative. These kids work hard as do the kids that play for whatever program you’re involved with. Understand that it is about the kids and not your agenda, unless that is your job at this point.

And you do understand that FM has extensive contacts outside of WUP based on past coaching experiences too. You make it seem like he just arrived and has no history of the club soccer scene. It’s just more comments that fit your agenda. Educate yourself on how to focus on the children and on facts. It may help.
                          Ha, Ha 'extensive contacts', a statement from someone who knows very little about soccer but thinks he does. WUP's coaching assignments took a step backward and will continue to be in a downward spiral with his limited abilities. FM is perfect for WUP. They are a town soccer organization that charges NEP prices. Trust me the coaches and product at GPS West, NEFC West and even EURO are way above anything this town club can offer.

Comment

Ha, Ha 'extensive contacts', a statement from someone who knows very little about soccer but thinks he does. WUP's coaching assignments took a step backward and will continue to be in a downward spiral with his limited abilities. FM is perfect for WUP. They are a town soccer organization that charges NEP prices. Trust me the coaches and product at GPS West, NEFC West and even EURO are way above anything this town club can offer.
                            And why should any reader “trust” what you say. Let’s be real, those with agendas have little to no credibility.

Comment

Weak club heading in the wrong direction. If I were anyone from Western United I would be happy they just call themselves the Pioneers now

Comment

And why should any reader “trust” what you say. Let’s be real, those with agendas have little to no credibility.
                                Once at the top now at the bottom for the girls program anyway......

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X