Dan K has officially left KK Atletico for SUSA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume that with EDP Long Island you could enter just a few teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It will not be Barca.

KK will be affiliated with PDA and World Calss. Wait for the announcement. While you all talk about SUSA, PDA, WC and KK are going to form a powerhouse in NY Metro.

Larry will be breaking the news later today. Enjoy!
      That's honestly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Comment

That's honestly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
        Through this affiliation, KK will get DA status on Long Island! Kurt will break the news tonight in a club meeting. Sorry for the parents who abandoned ship. GAME CHANGER

Comment

Wasn't KK also approved for NYCSL NPL? Does this announcement kill that? If not, wouldn't KK be required to field their top team in the NPL league?

Comment

Through this affiliation, KK will get DA status on Long Island! Kurt will break the news tonight in a club meeting. Sorry for the parents who abandoned ship. GAME CHANGER
            Only boys jumped and he isn't getting DA. Sky Blue announced GDA with several clubs. Don't see this as a game changer for non KK players as PR is already here and nobody is more plugged in to USWNT than he is.

It is good for KK girls if he gets it and that would be 2018-19.

Comment

I guess EDP pays more than NYCSL does. Sorry Gary. LM no longer loves you.

Comment

Um, PDA runs about 5-6 teams deep per age group on the girls side, so even if this ridiculous theory had any legs, they would be "PDA Long Island" playing in EDP. Do you really think a club like PDA is still trying to fill rosters??? Their GDA and ECNL teams have been set for months. Maybe, 1 or 2 girls per age group could tag on as a discovery or bubble player, but that's about it.

Next, let's look at PDA and WC who have had players playing musical chairs between the clubs for years. Both have DA status and ECNL. If PDA were ever going to "merge" with anyone, it would be NYSC who like PDA, are connected to Sky Blue for GDA.

Next, stop making KK look so desperate with "KK will get DA status on LI", lawd you look like such a fool. LI already has 2 GDA clubs and BOTH of them were drooling over the idea of partnering with KK in some capacity. If KK were as desperate to have GDA status as you make him sound, he could've had it months ago as an "associate" member to either Fury or LISC.

Comment

Update

Um, PDA runs about 5-6 teams deep per age group on the girls side, so even if this ridiculous theory had any legs, they would be "PDA Long Island" playing in EDP. Do you really think a club like PDA is still trying to fill rosters??? Their GDA and ECNL teams have been set for months. Maybe, 1 or 2 girls per age group could tag on as a discovery or bubble player, but that's about it.

Next, let's look at PDA and WC who have had players playing musical chairs between the clubs for years. Both have DA status and ECNL. If PDA were ever going to "merge" with anyone, it would be NYSC who like PDA, are connected to Sky Blue for GDA.

Next, stop making KK look so desperate with "KK will get DA status on LI", lawd you look like such a fool. LI already has 2 GDA clubs and BOTH of them were drooling over the idea of partnering with KK in some capacity. If KK were as desperate to have GDA status as you make him sound, he could've had it months ago as an "associate" member to either Fury or LISC.

Going down faster than ever after their group meeting last night. No major announcement, just Kurt bad mouthing Barca with lies and fabrications, as well as speaking of some kind of local club merge if they need a larger player pool. He's in survival mode now with some of his 06 and 05 players leaving for Barca, SUSA, and other teams since they were not happy with his leadership skills.

Comment

Going down faster than ever after their group meeting last night. No major announcement, just Kurt bad mouthing Barca with lies and fabrications, as well as speaking of some kind of local club merge if they need a larger player pool. He's in survival mode now with some of his 06 and 05 players leaving for Barca, SUSA, and other teams since they were not happy with his leadership skills.
                    Honestly that is what I expected. This was his last real chance before losing players to GDA/ECNL and Barca. I see LI becoming more fragmented than ever with clubs and leagues.

Kurt had a head start and his draw was quality. He drew all the most athletic kids at younger ages and did develop them, a 1-2 punch most teams could not compete with. He will be fine because he is a quality trainer but his biggest day's are behind him. If he can't find a good trainer to work with I would focus on one side girls or boys and do it better than anyone. That may mean sharing control, something he has refused to do (as is his right) for years.

I credit him for raising the bar here on LI.

Comment

I know a number of kids have left KK in the last month. I agree that Kurt has done a great job the last 4 or 5 years but Dan leaving raised a level of uncertainty that has people jumping ship.

Comment

Most of the top boys have left. That is a fact. A couple of loud mouth obnoxious parents holding the poms poms because they can't hack it elsewhere is not going to change the facts.

Comment

I know a number of kids have left KK in the last month. I agree that Kurt has done a great job the last 4 or 5 years but Dan leaving raised a level of uncertainty that has people jumping ship.
                          Unfortunately, Kurt had no choice but to fire Dan K. He cheated in a U10 state cup game. He caused more headaches than he was worth. Not as many players followed Dan to SUSA as they hoped. SUSA overplayed for nothing once again. How many times can they overpay for a larger player pool?

Comment

Unfortunately, Kurt had no choice but to fire Dan K. He cheated in a U10 state cup game. He caused more headaches than he was worth. Not as many players followed Dan to SUSA as they hoped. SUSA overplayed for nothing once again. How many times can they overpay for a larger player pool?
                            Not all left for SUSA. Some left for other clubs.

I think KK is going to be fine in the long run but in the short term they are hurting on player counts.

Comment

You work for CNN? Kurt did not fire Dan. The last thing Kurt wanted was Dan to leave and now he is scrambling to keep the ship afloat. If Kurt is telling people he fired Dan, then that is revisionist history at its finest. No sense in arguing now. Just watch the tables on the boys side in the Fall.

Comment

Not all left for SUSA. Some left for other clubs.

I think KK is going to be fine in the long run but in the short term they are hurting on player counts.
                                There will not be a long run for KK. Only game in town on Long Island will be Barca and SUSA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X