Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This makes perfect sense. Embarrassment is a self-conscious emotion from a lack of confidence. Players that know where they stand in the soccer hierarchy are perfectly content playing on NPL teams. As another poster just wrote NT players are in NPL.

For the majority of us that really aren't sure, the ECNL/DA badge is our pacifier.
    Ya, and world class players sometimes come from the US.... wait that’s just a lie.

Comment

Ikr? I mean total losers that suffer the humiliation of getting chosen to compete for the USA on youth teams play on npl teams. Please, that is way below my kid.
      My kids team walked to NPL champions with their eyes closed. Next week in San Diego at DA. Will be a real challenge.

Comment

Ikr? I mean total losers that suffer the humiliation of getting chosen to compete for the USA on youth teams play on npl teams. Please, that is way below my kid.
        Any NPL player who is NT level, if they exist, should talk to their parents about why they won’t let them play against the best. It is harming their development. BBA has generous scholarships for those that can’t pay.

Comment

Any NPL player who is NT level, if they exist, should talk to their parents about why they won’t let them play against the best. It is harming their development. BBA has generous scholarships for those that can’t pay.
          Get over yourself. Maybe you should be getting advice from the NT player instead of the other way around.

Comment

They do exist at clubs like south shore select or pda south. Maybe distance to training facility is an issue, idk.

Comment

They do exist at clubs like south shore select or pda south. Maybe distance to training facility is an issue, idk.
              What is the issue? Does making the NT now indicate some problem? How about all the kids not getting called up by US Soccer? Should they be interested in your opinion or should they look at real life examples of kids that made it?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                This makes perfect sense. Embarrassment is a self-conscious emotion from a lack of confidence. Players that know where they stand in the soccer hierarchy are perfectly content playing on NPL teams. As another poster just wrote NT players are in NPL.

For the majority of us that really aren't sure, the ECNL/DA badge is our pacifier.
                It is fair to say that top players are on the top team at their club. No top DA player is choosing to play NPL at BBA. Top players at Select choose NPL, and they have plenty of training outside NPL, because Select does not yet have DA. It might come, but LL is too smart to chase that pipe dream until things settle down in DA.

Comment

It is fair to say that top players are on the top team at their club. No top DA player is choosing to play NPL at BBA. Top players at Select choose NPL, and they have plenty of training outside NPL, because Select does not yet have DA. It might come, but LL is too smart to chase that pipe dream until things settle down in DA.
                  While the top 3 players in an age group at BBA are on DA teams for sure, there are DA starters and starter level players at BBA (players 4-11) choosing to play NPL instead. The DA is not for everyone or every family, and Stars ECNL may not be right or convenient for them either.

Comment

While the top 3 players in an age group at BBA are on DA teams for sure, there are DA starters and starter level players at BBA (players 4-11) choosing to play NPL instead. The DA is not for everyone or every family, and Stars ECNL may not be right or convenient for them either.
                    There is a wide divide between starter/starter level DA player and top player at BBA. You know that, NPL dad. No top player is playing NPL for BBA.

Comment

There is a wide divide between starter/starter level DA player and top player at BBA. You know that, NPL dad. No top player is playing NPL for BBA.
                      Right, so you admit that DA if only for the top 3 players??? Hey don’t disagree with you. It is overkill for players for players 4-20 which is why there are many of those girls CHOOSING to go back to NPL. Also true that the DA had to scrape the bottom of the NPL rosters and NPL tryouts to fill the bottom of the DA rosters because so many players said NO THANK you to DA offers. The rules and sacrifices required in DA su*k, and it’s hurting them. Truth is that most BBA families wish the top teams had just stayed in ECNL except perhaps for the 1-2 sycophants per team who are buying the USSF kool aid. Those are facts.

Comment

Right, so you admit that DA if only for the top 3 players??? Hey don’t disagree with you. It is overkill for players for players 4-20 which is why there are many of those girls CHOOSING to go back to NPL. Also true that the DA had to scrape the bottom of the NPL rosters and NPL tryouts to fill the bottom of the DA rosters because so many players said NO THANK you to DA offers. The rules and sacrifices required in DA su*k, and it’s hurting them. Truth is that most BBA families wish the top teams had just stayed in ECNL except perhaps for the 1-2 sycophants per team who are buying the USSF kool aid. Those are facts.
                        I don’t remember “admitting” that. I have posted before that we were happy in ECNL and are happy with DA although I have found that the competition in DA is not a step up. No team came close to winning an ECNL championship, right? What I am quibbling with is the poster’s assertion that top players at BBA are moving to NPL, which is a huge drop off. The “top” players aren’t moving off the “top” team. But I am one of the few whose daughter has done well in DA and still wish we had stayed in ECNL. I also don’t believe USSF created GDA out of the goodness of its heart. Rather, they were losing out on giant market share.

Comment

I don’t remember “admitting” that. I have posted before that we were happy in ECNL and are happy with DA although I have found that the competition in DA is not a step up. No team came close to winning an ECNL championship, right? What I am quibbling with is the poster’s assertion that top players at BBA are moving to NPL, which is a huge drop off. The “top” players aren’t moving off the “top” team. But I am one of the few whose daughter has done well in DA and still wish we had stayed in ECNL. I also don’t believe USSF created GDA out of the goodness of its heart. Rather, they were losing out on giant market share.
                          I think I said no top 3 players were moving from DA to NPL, what I said is there are starters that are (that fall anywhere from 4-11). If not on your team, look on others. It HAS happened. And anyone who denegrates the girls who have down so are to spin their personal or professional agenda.

Comment

I think I said no top 3 players were moving from DA to NPL, what I said is there are starters that are (that fall anywhere from 4-11). If not on your team, look on others. It HAS happened. And anyone who denegrates the girls who have down so are to spin their personal or professional agenda.
                            *have done so

Comment

Why are they doing that? Don’t they want to play with the best players in the club? Presumably, these girls are going to play in college. Is NPL going to help them with speed of play, etc.?

Comment

Why are they doing that? Don’t they want to play with the best players in the club? Presumably, these girls are going to play in college. Is NPL going to help them with speed of play, etc.?
                                Who knows, no, yes and no. In that order.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X