Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Interested parent, how did tryouts go? Seems like from prior posts the board member from WUP and a coach from NEFC are putting a spin on it. I heard NEFC had very good quality but low numbers. For WUP or like the board guy wants, Pioneers good numbers but not so good quality. What about SW and GPS West? Winners and losers ?
    So you point out that there seems to be a back and forth amongst two programs then you pose a question to a message board dominated by biased parties. I mean really what do you think you’re going to get for answers? Let me save the trolls some time and I’ll answer for every club. GPSWest everything was great numbers high talent high decisions were tough. NEFC everything was as expected. Turnout high really competitive in every age group. SW better than expected numbers for the first season back in the West numbers were higher than expected with some really talented players. WUP turnout was amazing and the competition was fierce. Will be a great season.

I mean unless you went to every tryout for every age group with every program how does anyone really gauge. And let’s not lose site of the fact that we are talking about freaking kids. And just to let you know my two children attended tryouts for one club. The numbers were high the talent was evident and my kids will learn a lot from their coaches.

Comment

Look for the most qualified coach for development of the kid.League is of little consequence .

Comment

Interested parent, how did tryouts go? Seems like from prior posts the board member from WUP and a coach from NEFC are putting a spin on it. I heard NEFC had very good quality but low numbers. For WUP or like the board guy wants, Pioneers good numbers but not so good quality. What about SW and GPS West? Winners and losers ?
        NEFC parent. Numbers were surprisingly low at the younger age groups. 07 and above rosters were pretty set anyway so numbers were as expected. Didn't go to any other tryouts, just an honest answer for one club

Comment

Look for the most qualified coach for development of the kid.League is of little consequence .
          Not necessarily true. You don’t get better by playing crappy competition. There are even a handful of teams in the premiership of NEP that can barely score a goal or defend. Coaching should always be number one priority.

Comment

alot of clubs play kick and run do they win yes .Is that the proper way to be taught no.So kick and run teams in NPL that makes them better than getting proper coaching elsewhere.Parents want to win first development is secondary.

Comment

Sad but true ,the parents drive the crazy bus.

Comment

alot of clubs play kick and run do they win yes .Is that the proper way to be taught no.So kick and run teams in NPL that makes them better than getting proper coaching elsewhere.Parents want to win first development is secondary.
                Has nothing to do with winning or losing. I haven’t seen any teams in NPL that play kick and run.

Comment

Has nothing to do with winning or losing. I haven’t seen any teams in NPL that play kick and run.
                  Yeah, I don’t care what club your child is affiliated with this statement is 100% accurate.

Comment

Yeah, I don’t care what club your child is affiliated with this statement is 100% accurate.
                    Not necessarily, kick and run, aka playing direct is a tactic played at all levels from time to time. So for even the best, it's not 100% possession.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      Not necessarily, kick and run, aka playing direct is a tactic played at all levels from time to time. So for even the best, it's not 100% possession.
                      A lot of local clubs play kick and run. They rely on a striker to take a lot of shots. It works at this age. It is less likely to work at the next level.

Comment

Kick and run,direct whatever you decide to call it ,is the wrong way to develop a team especially a young one.Your kid will suffer in the long run you can bet on it.

Comment

US soccer is pay to play soccer ,parents would rather have wins .Developement takes time too much for most parents.Possession play is valuable, a team that can play possession ball well will destroy kick and run direct play.

Comment

Kick and run,direct whatever you decide to call it ,is the wrong way to develop a team especially a young one.Your kid will suffer in the long run you can bet on it.
                            I think what the poster was saying is that playing direct isnt a be all end all. You can implement it mid game, late in the game if down by a goal, or not at all. And you certainly better know how to defend it. I would agree that playing direct all the time isn't beneficial to all the players on the team.

Comment

US soccer is pay to play soccer ,parents would rather have wins .Developement takes time too much for most parents.Possession play is valuable, a team that can play possession ball well will destroy kick and run direct play.
                              Not on 9v9, and this is where the craziest parents live

Comment

Not on 9v9, and this is where the craziest parents live

They are at other levels as well club went way down hill.......

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X