Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The poster knows that each person’s circumstance is different. The travel dwarfs the fees, but no one can say 8900. If the club booked travel, perhaps, but that is not how it is done. We bank on 3k plus.
    What decent team isn't $3k+ at this point? It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      What decent team isn't $3k+ at this point? It is what it is.
      There are still a few clubs with lower fees, but there aren’t a lot. I often think that clubs should be required to post only their second team college placements. If people saw that, they might put more effort into high school and town to create a semi decent experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        There are still a few clubs with lower fees, but there aren’t a lot. I often think that clubs should be required to post only their second team college placements. If people saw that, they might put more effort into high school and town to create a semi decent experience.
        So true. I think parents are very quick to think club soccer is 100x better than town and town travel programs. A decade ago it might have been.

Comment

The top clubs post all their college commitments. I know our second team this year and third team have D1, High D2 and great academic and high D3 commitments. The days of colleges picking players that just play high school are long over unless you are going to very small D3 schools with weak soccer programs. Their is a school for every level of player but a lot of strong D3 programss are getting lower level ECNL and DA players that don’t want soccer as a job in college.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            The top clubs post all their college commitments. I know our second team this year and third team have D1, High D2 and great academic and high D3 commitments. The days of colleges picking players that just play high school are long over unless you are going to very small D3 schools with weak soccer programs. Their is a school for every level of player but a lot of strong D3 programss are getting lower level ECNL and DA players that don’t want soccer as a job in college.
            Every kid who commits to a strong D3 program was spotted at a strong D1 camp before they decide D3 is where they “want” to be.

Comment

well, duh? You dated a few people before you got married, right?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X