Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valencia CF Academy vs. FC Barcelona Academy - Pros & Cons

Please provide insightful commentary - Any thoughts out there?

Valencia seems a bit more organized. both seem to offer similar training.

Comment

Valencia has quality pitches with Post. Fields are well maintained. Barca might be nomads for a couple of years while they try to figure out the Kings Park saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Valencia has quality pitches with Post. Fields are well maintained. Barca might be nomads for a couple of years while they try to figure out the Kings Park saga.
        that is a fair statement..we have been to both and so far VCF seems more organized.

Comment

The one thing I can't quite understand is after the various Barca press releases from the outlets about the academy opening up last month and the Tryout registration link I can't find anything else about the club. I'm not kidding, there is no dedicated website, No dedicated social media. Yes there is the main Barca site but no links to any type of ongoing info, weird.

Comment

The one thing I can't quite understand is after the various Barca press releases from the outlets about the academy opening up last month and the Tryout registration link I can't find anything else about the club. I'm not kidding, there is no dedicated website, No dedicated social media. Yes there is the main Barca site but no links to any type of ongoing info, weird.
            What do you expect for $2k+ a kid?

Comment

They do have a twitter feed and a facebook page:

https://twitter.com/BarcaAcademyNY

https://www.facebook.com/barcaacademyny/

No real details on the programs themselves.

Comment

we feel the same way. although my kid would still accept if an offer came through, we have moved on for now.

Comment

They are both seemingly offering identical programs. However the one thing that is different with Valencia, they have their presentation prepared. They are communicative. Both bringing Spanish trainers from their academies. Both building facilities where kids can train and learn. Both creating a Lot of buzz and shaking things up already.

Valencia is set, and seemingly have the right people and support here and in Spain. Barca has a NYC office, so that's good. Not necessarily an academy office just an office where they can operate out of in NYC

Comment

if barca is free that's a big pro

Comment

They went thru a site change with the rebranding...here's what I use.

http://www.barcaacademy.com/academy/

Comment

Barca moving on to finals just beat VCF 2-0 in La Liga Promises.

Comment

if barca is free that's a big pro
                          Not free for 2nd and 3rd team.

Comment

I guess Barcelona is the better Long Island Academy because their Spanish brethren beat Valencia and won the La Liga Promises Tounament. Just sayin.

Comment

I guess Barcelona is the better Long Island Academy because their Spanish brethren beat Valencia and won the La Liga Promises Tounament. Just sayin.
                              well..in spain yes. we shall see in ny LOL. wait till Real Madrid gets here...ohhh boy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X