Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For a crowd that loves to stress the importance of academics, y'all post a lot about soccer
    And all you talk about is what you think we talk about but you've never listening to anything other than what your own fictions about what we think. Sad. You sure are interested in us, though. Even in a thread marked only "D3."

Comment

And all you talk about is what you think we talk about but you've never listening to anything other than what your own fictions about what we think. Sad. You sure are interested in us, though. Even in a thread marked only "D3."
      Who is "you"?

I post to and about everyone
      What lunatic posts to someone?

Comment

Who is "you"?

I post to and about everyone
        What lunatic posts to someone?
        You post repetitive nonsense day after day after day.....for years. You address yourself to folks all the time, like referring to the "D3 crowd...D3 sycophants'

Comment

You post repetitive nonsense day after day after day.....for years. You address yourself to folks all the time, like referring to the "D3 crowd...D3 sycophants'
          I am not the you you think i am

Comment

I too would be surprised if an ACC school would hire a D3 coach. Just remember you have lots of D1 dink parents like btnt who would cross a school off their kid's list if they hired a D3 coach. D1 is a business and AD's know this.
            If it's a business, it's got to be a giant loss leader. Not exactly the thread topic but I don't get why soccer exists at any level in U.S. colleges. No one goes to the games. Very few meaningful pro's. I love the game and am grateful there are decent games to watch but I have no idea why American schools even play soccer or spend any kind of serious money on it.

Comment

If it's a business, it's got to be a giant loss leader. Not exactly the thread topic but I don't get why soccer exists at any level in U.S. colleges. No one goes to the games. Very few meaningful pro's. I love the game and am grateful there are decent games to watch but I have no idea why American schools even play soccer or spend any kind of serious money on it.
              Here here. In the spirit of amatuuur sport, my good man. Esp at the D3 level.

To be fair it’s a good thought. Perhaps because it costs so little. The other thought maybe that it’s increasingly relevant to help attract worldwide talent, at least at the top levels.

Comment

Here here. In the spirit of amatuuur sport, my good man. Esp at the D3 level.

To be fair it’s a good thought. Perhaps because it costs so little. The other thought maybe that it’s increasingly relevant to help attract worldwide talent, at least at the top levels.
                Schools are in competition for academic talent, statistics, faculty, rankings, and even bodies. Higher ed has turned into a sophisticated business model with consultants and large business offices. If decent sports teams help get a few more "recruited" athletes to go school A over schools B, C and D it's a win for the school. This happens even with D1, because face it not all are getting significant athletic money, especially on the men's side.

Comment

Most D1 athletic program are actually set up as non profits so they never show an actual profit. Just go look at the athletic budgets at even Pat L school. It’s in the 10’s of millions. Collegiate sports at least at the D1 are not loss leaders. If they were you could bet that schools would all be dropping down to D3 instead of trying to jump up to D1.

Comment

So what you are saying is there should only be men's basketball, football, men's hockey, gymnastics (maybe), track and field (maybe), and baseball (maybe) as college sports?

Comment

So what you are saying is there should only be men's basketball, football, men's hockey, gymnastics (maybe), track and field (maybe), and baseball (maybe) as college sports?
                      Just look at the athletic budgets. The revenue is coming in to support those budgets.

Comment

Never realized we had so many college Presidents and top-level NCAA officials on the site.

Comment

Many schools are re-evaluating their sports programs to try and help reign in spending and unaffordable tuitions. Some have dropped football programs, which frees up a ton of money not just for football but helps with Title 9 also. Only the big sports make schools any money, if at all, because not all schools are U AB with millions of football TV$ or Duke with BBall$. If other sports break even then it's because of alumni support and bringing in some full paying students to warm benches. From a purely operational standpoint many if not most lose money.

Comment

Why does BTDT hate on D3 so much?

Comment

Why does BTDT hate on D3 so much?
                              No one hates on D3. We hate on parents posturing.
                              Nothing more fun than popping Elitists' bubbles.

Comment

No one hates on D3. We hate on parents posturing.
                                Nothing more fun than popping Elitists' bubbles.
                                Why do any of you are so much at all?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X