Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USMNT Dream Team 2019

The USMNT Top 25 FIFA ranking is an overachievement as they use 4th or 5th tier athletes against the 1st tier athletes from every other country . No player in US Men's history would have made the NT if the US could pick its top athletes. Don't believe me? Here is a modern day lineup, nobody competes against this squad....nobody. Who do you have?

Formation 3-4-3
    Defenders: Julio Jones, Leonard Fournette, Jalen Ramsey
    Midfielders: Russell Westbrook, Kyrie Irving, Marquise Goodwin, John Wall
    Wings: Tyreke Hill, Odell Beckham
    Striker: Lamar Jackson
    Goalkeeper: Lebron James -- had to put him somewhere

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The USMNT Top 25 FIFA ranking is an overachievement as they use 4th or 5th tier athletes against the 1st tier athletes from every other country . No player in US Men's history would have made the NT if the US could pick its top athletes. Don't believe me? Here is a modern day lineup, nobody competes against this squad....nobody. Who do you have?

Formation 3-4-3
    Give me ten 5'7" Lionel Messi's and Jan Oblak in goal and we will shred your team to pieces

Comment

Messi couldn't outrun a single player on that field, or defend his way out of a wet paper sack. Put him in your team, sure, 10 of him would be ugly.

Comment

Formation 3-4-3
        This list is racist! Can the coach a least be white? How about Belichick, with Brady as the Asst Coach?

Comment

Pick any coach you want. List is not racist, just a list of top athletes, substitute anyone you want if you can find a better one.

Comment

Messi couldn't outrun a single player on that field, or defend his way out of a wet paper sack. Put him in your team, sure, 10 of him would be ugly.
            A passed ball goes a heck of a lot faster than any of your players can run. And...

There was video done of a world class sprinter running and cutting through cones against Ronaldo. Care to guess who won?

If ignorance was a commodity you'd make Jeff Bezos look like a pauper.

Comment

Lamar Jackson is probably quicker than Messi. The list looks a little weak in midfield but Trae Young, Ja Morant and DeAaron Fox would be great additions. What you fail to realize is basketball players are quicker than soccer players. You know how fast those guys get through those cones. They all have skill too. Had the trade been soccer they would still be the best. And US would be on its way to a World Cup Final victory. This is not even including cornerbacks that are world class athletes.

We need outside courts and free clinics to the youth to get these studs involved. Otherwise these cornballs we have now will keep losing. Also, as an aside, bring back real field day at elementary schools.

Comment

Lamar Jackson is probably quicker than Messi.
                I know it's Thanksgiving but there has to be a mental health clinic open somewhere near you.

Comment

I know it's Thanksgiving but there has to be a mental health clinic open somewhere near you.
                  He runs a 4.3 40 yard dash. You must have never seen Lamar Jackson play. He walks and jukes around guys that run 4.3 40s while Messi does it around guys running 4.8 40s. Oh yeah, he is 6’2” 216 and would be the most athletic soccer player in the history of earth. Boynton Beach!!!!!

Comment

If that list of athletes were born in Italy or Spain you would be on to something. But if they played soccer their entire youth in America, no chance. Accept Lebron in goal. He would be insane anywhere.

Comment

I agree. And yes there place of birth dictated what sports they played. That doesn’t change the fact we have guys Courtouis’ height that move like Dembele, MBappe, and Vinicious Jr. Not to mentioned our little guys who have had to be even faster. Think Michael Vick in his prime. Moves like Messi but bigger, stronger, with more pace.

Comment

That being said I do think Messi’s athleticism could have translated to American football. He is quicker and faster than Wes Walker was.

Comment

I agree. And yes there place of birth dictated what sports they played. That doesn’t change the fact we have guys Courtouis’ height that move like Dembele, MBappe, and Vinicious Jr. Not to mentioned our little guys who have had to be even faster. Think Michael Vick in his prime. Moves like Messi but bigger, stronger, with more pace.
                          And because the US Coaching system is just plain horrible compared to other nations, especially small nations like Netherlands, Denmark, Croatia, etc...that these players would not even close to Messi’s brain speed compared to those fast athletes...remember the ball moves faster than you ever will💪

Comment

He runs a 4.3 40 yard dash. You must have never seen Lamar Jackson play. He walks and jukes around guys that run 4.3 40s while Messi does it around guys running 4.8 40s. Oh yeah, he is 6’2” 216 and would be the most athletic soccer player in the history of earth. Boynton Beach!!!!!
                            Ah, the stupid in this one hurts. Linear speed and quickness are two completely different things. Which is why I mentioned the anecdote of Ronaldo beating a world-class Sprinter going through cones. A 265 lb. Defensive lineman ran a 4.40 this year in the college combine. Do you think he would be quicker than Messi also? Quickness in soccer involves the ability to essentially stop and then regain top speed almost immediately in a different direction. The more you weigh, the less pure quickness you're going to have. Which is why you don't see any 200+lb. elite soccer players.

Comment

Ah, the stupid in this one hurts. Linear speed and quickness are two completely different things. Which is why I mentioned the anecdote of Ronaldo beating a world-class Sprinter going through cones. A 265 lb. Defensive lineman ran a 4.40 this year in the college combine. Do you think he would be quicker than Messi also? Quickness in soccer involves the ability to essentially stop and then regain top speed almost immediately in a different direction. The more you weigh, the less pure quickness you're going to have. Which is why you don't see any 200+lb. elite soccer players.
                              The stupidity is the fact that you don’t realize that Lamar Jackson is both faster and quicker than Messi. If you never heard of him just say you don’t know. Don’t explain the definition and ignore that I was speaking of BOTH speed and quickness. Messi is really fast and super quick, Jackson is just faster and quicker as a world class athlete.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X