Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAC jersey sponsor

Heard a rumor that PAC announced a jersey sponsorship with US bank but I can’t find anything on there website. Anyone know if that is true?

Jersey sponsor

Confirmed. https://www.pacificnorthwestsoccerclub.org/
    Sounds like a good fit.

Comment

good for them. that's a pretty major company to get as a shirt sponsor.

Comment

Wow, welcome to the big leagues

Comment

Double Wow. Whoever did this deal deserves a cold beverage. Cheers!

Comment

none

Does anyone really know the $ involved? WPFC has BMW, Seattle United has Redapt, Crossfire has Proliance Surgeons. Sounds FC has Audi. All solid companies. And Sounders have the worse - Zulily ; ) But does anyone really know what these contracts bring in for each club?

Comment

It's a good question, and I've heard anecdotally that the general "market rate" is around $20K per year for a jersey sponsorship on a youth club jersey.

I'm guessing that WP gets a sweet deal (free?) on a BMW car for their annual car raffle in exchange for the sponsorship rights.

Comment

Show me the money...

After voicing my unhappiness with the lack of inspired coaching at my kids club, another parent suggested I begin attending the board meetings. I thought GREAT! I couldn't wait to sit in and hear about the methods being used to develop elite soccer players as they boast "success can be attributed to dedicated and professional coaches, a highly structured curriculum for player development."

My notes from the meetings...

"We need to really push the upcoming charity event, it brings in a lot of money"

"We are going to buy this..."

"Funds are up and we are doing great, hope to spend some of that money on x"

One parent inquired about travel costs and received an immediate stern rebuke "No, we can't discuss that, do you have the director's email...email the director"

Adjourned.

Nothing about youth soccer, nothing about the actual kids, it was 100% about the money. Anyone who has been to meetings at this club can attest. I really could not believe it.

One of the large well known clubs.

Comment

I think every club should have their director or main coaches come to a meeting every month in front of their members to answer questions. Would help to keep them accountable.

Comment

Going rate

PacNW received more than the "going rate."

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      I think every club should have their director or main coaches come to a meeting every month in front of their members to answer questions. Would help to keep them accountable.
                      There is a local select club sitting on a huge pile of cash and they are terrified a parent will come to a board meeting and ask about it. They no longer put up their balance sheet at the AGM just tell the parents the don't need to worry about fees being raised because they are in ok shape.

WYS should require every board to publish minutes with 30 days of a board meeting and financial balance sheet at least once a year within 30 days of filing their taxes.

Comment

if they're a nonprofit and almost all are, the irs requires this already and it's public information if you know where to look

hint: https://candid.org/research-and-veri...its/990-finder

try typing in some local soccer clubs, enjoy lol

There is a local select club sitting on a huge pile of cash and they are terrified a parent will come to a board meeting and ask about it. They no longer put up their balance sheet at the AGM just tell the parents the don't need to worry about fees being raised because they are in ok shape.

WYS should require every board to publish minutes with 30 days of a board meeting and financial balance sheet at least once a year within 30 days of filing their taxes.

Comment

Which club?

Comment

Interesting, some salaries are posted from the biggest clubs in the area. Didn't realize DOC's getting were getting 140k+

Comment

none

PacNW received more than the "going rate."
                              This is meaningless. How much? And how do you know what the going rate is?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X