• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt it was Stanford. Maybe Sanford.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I doubt it was Stanford. Maybe Sanford.
      Sure buddy, eveybody in tbu's ecnl program get full scholarships to D1 and Ivy league schools. Is that what you were told? You keep believing that.

Comment

No, my kid does not even bother. there is no need, there was not when they were a U13 and there is no need now.

college coaches coach? really? what flavor is the kool aid?? let me guess, red, white and blue flavored?

if a player were a "baller" as you say, they get noticed without ODP.
        If your kid isn’t a u13 and they never did ODP, then your talking a lot of smack for knowing nothing. Thanks for the contribution to the conversation.
        Yes, some of the ODP coaches are college coaches or have coached in college. Maybe you should get your information in person and not read TS for all your soccer knowledge.
        I think people would actually take you seriously if you had real experience. Facts are always better than ignorance

Comment

The math on DI scholarships shows you have about a 50% chance of a playing DI if you’re on a DA or ECNL team. And that doesn’t even mean you’ll play.

And most scholarships are not full.

And, if you’re in Florida and plan to use Bright Futures and FL Pre-Pay, your field is even more limited as you must stay in FL to receive the $.

I’d worry less about the odds as they’re against you. The core ECNL/DA players will typically play DI. The rest won’t, but there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Take it from someone who has experienced DI and DII.

Comment

The math on DI scholarships shows you have about a 50% chance of a playing DI if you’re on a DA or ECNL team. And that doesn’t even mean you’ll play.

And, if you’re in Florida and plan to use Bright Futures and FL Pre-Pay, your field is even more limited as you must stay in FL to receive the $.

I’d worry less about the odds as they’re against you. The core ECNL/DA players will typically play DI. The rest won’t, but there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Take it from someone who has experienced DI and DII.
            All the 07 girls will get full d1 scholarships to the school of there choice. This is why they are in the ecnl program. Anything else is unacceptable.

Comment

No ECNL and you'll be watching your kid's soccer games from the stands at Corbett Canyon Community College. You better work those arms out so you can keep waving those pom poms for that kick and chase all the way through college.

Comment

That's like saying you can't talk about being a garbage man and know that it's not the best profession to have, if you've never done it. Facts? You have none. ODP is not getting you on an Olympic team first off. Second. It's a straight money grab. Third, again. If your kid is so elite, they will get noticed by other means rather than spending on this. You have no facts as to the success of ODP. You are the one paying, so the facts should matter to you and you should have gathered some before you wasted your time and money.

Comment

All the 07 girls will get full d1 scholarships to the school of there choice. This is why they are in the ecnl program. Anything else is unacceptable.
                  Really hoping this is sarcasm. I'm sure it is, but in case others don't know. No girl is getting a full ride to any college for soccer.

Comment

That's like saying you can't talk about being a garbage man and know that it's not the best profession to have, if you've never done it. Facts? You have none. ODP is not getting you on an Olympic team first off. Second. It's a straight money grab. Third, again. If your kid is so elite, they will get noticed by other means rather than spending on this. You have no facts as to the success of ODP. You are the one paying, so the facts should matter to you and you should have gathered some before you wasted your time and money.
                    facts
                    Among the 21 former US Youth Soccer ODP players are Ali Krieger, Kelley O’Hara, Becky Sauerbrunn, Tobin Heath, Alex Morgan, and Megan Rapinoe who are all set to appear in their third Women’s World Cup. Carli Lloyd, who was a member of New Jersey ODP, is set to appear in her fourth Women’s World Cup. I guess that made you a liar. Use google before you post.

Comment

Really hoping this is sarcasm. I'm sure it is, but in case others don't know. No girl is getting a full ride to any college for soccer.
                      Sorry, but I’m here to tell you that you are wrong. There are certainly players that get full rides. Not many, I’d guess, but there are a few.

Don’t speak in absolutes, you will almost always be wrong.

Comment

Almost a very true statement. Maybe 1-3 girls/DI team get the full ride. Everyone else gets partials. And, if you get the full ride, you better “hit it out of the park” as it’s an incredible amount of stress to consistently impact the team. Mediocrity and inconsistency can result in threats to pull money. You add that to a kid who’s already going through a large adjustment for college, and you better be very mentally tough. Lastly, when you show up as a Freshman, the word gets out. And, your upper classman teammates are often lined up to knock you off of your pedestal. Not saying any of this is bad, but be ready for what you wish for. Some kids succeed. Some “crash and burn”. And, Mommie and Daddy aren’t going to influence a college coach.

Comment

facts
                          Among the 21 former US Youth Soccer ODP players are Ali Krieger, Kelley O’Hara, Becky Sauerbrunn, Tobin Heath, Alex Morgan, and Megan Rapinoe who are all set to appear in their third Women’s World Cup. Carli Lloyd, who was a member of New Jersey ODP, is set to appear in her fourth Women’s World Cup. I guess that made you a liar. Use google before you post.
                          Yea, we all get it. Years and years and years ago ODP was a pathway to elite players to be scouted, trained, and compete.

Now...it’s not. Especially, as the kids get older.

Polaroid and Kodak used to dominate the photography market. They’re kinda like ODP.

Comment

Yea, we all get it. Years and years and years ago ODP was a pathway to elite players to be scouted, trained, and compete.

Now...it’s not. Especially, as the kids get older.

Polaroid and Kodak used to dominate the photography market. They’re kinda like ODP.
                            In your opinion ecnl is the way to go. Ecnl is not a money grab. Ecnl is for training "elite" players. Is this the message you are trying to convey? I have seen it all odp, ecnl, da, npl, fspl, dpl, and they all equal $$$$$. All the fancy acronym means nothing.

Comment

ODP is a great tool to gauge where you player is on a state scale. We all know after U14 alot dont return because of the DA and ECNL commitments. On the Florida side a lot of coaches will say that the competition starts to get diluted on the older teams. This past weekend most of the best players from all the clubs in Florida were represented. Weston, FL Elite, Prime, TBU, Krush and Rush Palm Beach and OC. So to have all those players there collectively is great for all the players involved. So take ODP as a great training camp experience and later on if your still involved in ODP it looks great on your college resume that you participated. Is it expensive yes but what isnt nowadays. But the people that are just bashing ODP are most likely the sour parents of players that didnt get selected on one of the Florida teams. You will have more failures in life than success. Work harder and it will show.

Comment

In your opinion ecnl is the way to go. Ecnl is not a money grab. Ecnl is for training "elite" players. Is this the message you are trying to convey? I have seen it all odp, ecnl, da, npl, fspl, dpl, and they all equal $$$$$. All the fancy acronym means nothing.
                                IMO...the way to go depends on an individual players skill and goals.

I wouldn’t pick any club or team without evaluating:

The coach
                                The quality / skill of team mates

The league / platform

The correct fit would depend on these, plus, obviously, skill level of the player and their individual goals ( college, NT, Hs soccer involvement).

Certainly, though, ECNL and GDA have made ODP less important. Most likely, most of those players listed would not play up through the ranks of ODP in today’s competitive landscape.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X