Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes, exactly the point I was trying to make. No way these tournaments like CASL or Bethesda could provide GDA or ECNL Showcase-level event by simply “adding GDA brackets”.
    Realistically their schedules are jammed enough as it is. They're only going to do these outside-league events if they think the competition is really worth it, how many players need recruiting exposure, and if it fits their schedules. ECNL especially has many events teams can chose to attend; GDA much fewer. That means lower cost (sometimes, depending on travel) but fewer opportunities for exposure too - then get an injury at the wrong time? oh boy.

Comment

ok then.. Poor helpless GDA. Even though no other programs requires multiple days of missed high school, they are helpless to do anything else.
      No other programs except ECNL and USYS National league..

ECNL Florida showcase Jan 10th-12th (unless you live in florida you need to take off 9th and 10th which are 2 school days.

USYS National League Showcase Dec 5th-8th (unless you live in florida you need to take off 4th,5th, and 6th which are 3 school days.

You do miss more school days per year with GDA Showcase schedule, but you also miss school days with the two other "National" platforms

Comment

nt

ECNL Florida showcase Jan 10th-12th (unless you live in florida you need to take off 9th and 10th which are 2 school days.

USYS National League Showcase Dec 5th-8th (unless you live in florida you need to take off 4th,5th, and 6th which are 3 school days.

You do miss more school days per year with GDA Showcase schedule, but you also miss school days with the two other "National" platforms
        Yes, but ECNL only schedules games on one weekday for the showcases and more importantly, they use the 2 days of the weekend to play games.

GDA, in its complete arrogance, believes that kids should miss at least 4 days of school and their parents should also take off those days. It makes no sense why they couldn't schedule it to include a weekend. That is the biggest gripe.

Comment

Yes, but ECNL only schedules games on one weekday for the showcases and more importantly, they use the 2 days of the weekend to play games.

GDA, in its complete arrogance, believes that kids should miss at least 4 days of school and their parents should also take off those days. It makes no sense why they couldn't schedule it to include a weekend. That is the biggest gripe.
          Please, the exposure they are getting to college coaches and the bonds of friendship they are creating is priceless.

Comment

You don't need to miss Thursday. Everyone flies after school. They miss Friday. Hate missing a day but it is much better then missing multiple consecutive days of HS class

Comment

You don't need to miss Thursday. Everyone flies after school. They miss Friday. Hate missing a day but it is much better then missing multiple consecutive days of HS class
              Yeah that's what my kid did this past weekend for ECNL...went to school Thurs, flew down Thurs night, got in late last night & went to school today. I hate to say it, but my kid is looking to play mid-level D1, which will also demand she miss some school. I feel like this is good prep for her to navigate time management.

Comment

Ny gda

who cares? After 25 years out of HS and looking back...i don't remember a god damned thing i learned in HS (it goes for college as well) what a waste. :)

Comment

who cares? After 25 years out of HS and looking back...i don't remember a god damned thing i learned in HS (it goes for college as well) what a waste. :)
                  I hear you but these kids are in a different world. They cover a lot of what i had in college in HS.

Comment

are the 16's not playing in the event down in Florida? I thought it was for all age groups

Comment

Yeah that's what my kid did this past weekend for ECNL...went to school Thurs, flew down Thurs night, got in late last night & went to school today. I hate to say it, but my kid is looking to play mid-level D1, which will also demand she miss some school. I feel like this is good prep for her to navigate time management.
                      D1 schools are supposed to make academic accommodations for athletes. High schools do not. The less missed the better. Miss a few here and there for soccer, school visits and sick days and it's easy to max out. Yes it's good preparation for time management but don't expect your teen to always manage it well or the school to be helpful

Comment

are the 16's not playing in the event down in Florida? I thought it was for all age groups
                        What club are you asking about? U16s are playing in the Cup, but if you are asking about FC Fury, the U16 team no longer exists in GDA. They couldn't field a team anymore.

Comment

What club are you asking about? U16s are playing in the Cup, but if you are asking about FC Fury, the U16 team no longer exists in GDA. They couldn't field a team anymore.
                          They shoved the remaining players on the U17s. I'm sure that's going over well.

Comment

They shoved the remaining players on the U17s. I'm sure that's going over well.
                            What a disaster. Most 17's left too. Paul has run out of tricks. How's his recruitng going?

Comment

Will they be able to retain the DA for the girls? What happens when you can’t field teams at all age groups?

Comment

Will they be able to retain the DA for the girls? What happens when you can’t field teams at all age groups?
                                They shouldn't be allowed to. Besides the fact that LI didn't need another GDA club and Fury was a very poor choice, the club blatantly broke the rules. What better way for USSF to communicate they take violations seriously than booting them? I think they let them stay for now because a lot of players wouldn't be able to find homes mid year

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X