Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL Showcase result for 2004

So , we attended showcase , some coaches on sidelines , now what?

Can coaches email sophomores?
    What’s the earliest a coach can contact a player?

I know TS is the place to ask

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Coaches can not contact sophomores anytime before June 15th. You may get emails inviting players to ID camps, but that is all. NAIA schools can contact players at any time, they are not bound by NCAA rules.

Comment

Coaches can not contact sophomores anytime before June 15th. You may get emails inviting players to ID camps, but that is all. NAIA schools can contact players at any time, they are not bound by NCAA rules.
      Are coaches still allowed to email Club coaches to let them know that they have interest in a player without direct contact?

Comment

No contact other than general info as posted above. But your player can reach out to the coach to say "thanks for coming, this is my upcoming schedule, I'm still very interested in your program/school." Treat it like job hunting. Thank yous, check in periodically if they have some news to report (maybe they get a big high school award) or schedules to update. Keep showing interest so that when they go to ID event in the summer they're on the short list. It's hard not knowing anything, but this is because of the new recruiting rules and in the long run is the best thing to do.

Comment

Are coaches still allowed to email Club coaches to let them know that they have interest in a player without direct contact?
          i think now club coaches cannot act as intermediaries. It was a loophole last year. I could be wrong.

Comment

i think now club coaches cannot act as intermediaries. It was a loophole last year. I could be wrong.
            You are correct, this loophole was closed with the new rule change. I am sure some coaches will push the boundaries and try to get away with it, but most won't risk their jobs for reputations and will just wait until June 15th.

Comment

No contact other than general info as posted above. But your player can reach out to the coach to say "thanks for coming, this is my upcoming schedule, I'm still very interested in your program/school." Treat it like job hunting. Thank yous, check in periodically if they have some news to report (maybe they get a big high school award) or schedules to update. Keep showing interest so that when they go to ID event in the summer they're on the short list. It's hard not knowing anything, but this is because of the new recruiting rules and in the long run is the best thing to do.
              The coaches do not say what player they came to watch. Wouldn't it be obnoxious to assume the coach was there to watch any particular player? Multiple players invite the same coaches to the same game.

Comment

Your kid is supposed to be emailing the coaches unless the child is some National Team Beast the kid (or parents) do most the leg work. Most of the time the coaches on the sideline are watching a particular player that emailed them watch them for 15-20 minutes then move to the next game on their schedule for a player.

The coaches day is pretty much planed out a few weeks in advance to fit the ones that emailed all on the schedule

Comment

So why are middle school kids attending showcases?
                  With the new rules , Shouldn’t showcases be scheduled for u16 and above?

Comment

The coaches do not say what player they came to watch. Wouldn't it be obnoxious to assume the coach was there to watch any particular player? Multiple players invite the same coaches to the same game.
                    If you invited a coach and they came to the game you send a thank you. Coaches watch the game . If 5 players invited the same coach to the same game do you think the coach is only watching two of the players and closing his eyes when the other three are involved?

Comment

So why are middle school kids attending showcases?
                      With the new rules , Shouldn’t showcases be scheduled for u16 and above?
                      Because middle school players are on teams with high school players. 8th and 9th graders are on the same team U15 teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X