Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanksgiving Surf College Cup

With the predicted heavy rainfall, what are the chances of games being cancelled?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    With the predicted heavy rainfall, what are the chances of games being cancelled?
    They play unless the fields are flooded. They wouldn't want to issue refunds.

Comment

They play unless the fields are flooded. They wouldn't want to issue refunds.
      According to the rules, there isn’t much of a refund for rain outs. They also don’t want to ruin the fields for the next use.

Comment

The Thanksgiving Surf thing is ridiculous. In my opinion (everyone's got one). There's so much time for soccer I just don't philosophically agree with skipping family gatherings related to Thanksgiving for it.

To each their own though.

Comment

Will the college coaches still come out in the pouring rain? Won’t be able to truly evaluate anything in those conditions.

Comment

The Thanksgiving Surf thing is ridiculous. In my opinion (everyone's got one). There's so much time for soccer I just don't philosophically agree with skipping family gatherings related to Thanksgiving for it.

To each their own though.
            We are going AND I tend to agree with you. I agreed to one time.

Comment

All Friday games cancelled.

Comment

How was the Thanksgiving Surf Cup?

What type of turnout from college coaches?

Comment

All Friday games cancelled? Hardly seems worth it to travel during a holiday for soccer. Something I'm not looking forward to if my DD makes one of the "Elite (wink... wink) travel teams" next year.

Comment

How was the Thanksgiving Surf Cup?

What type of turnout from college coaches?
                    We went, weren't a lot of college coaches, some but not a lot. Fields were horrible. They did their best to get them dry but there was too much rain.
                    Silverlakes is the place to go if you insist on traveling for soccer over Thanksgiving.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X