Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    O.K..... What Gunners won? Why they can but other team can not? We played with gunners first 07B team this saturday... Won them 5:0. Yes, let them play RCL div 1)
    That team lost all their players to eastside (shows how bad eastside are) . They were never the best anyway and now they are a very low level select team . You have to figure out a way of getting out of pspl . Can’t you move all your best players to a higher level DA team ? You are just wasting your time trying to be the best team in pspl . Pspl and rcl div 1 are now just select level teams . If you want your kid to get a scholarship you had better try and get them to play in a decent club with decent competition . If not they will just get worse and worse every year .

Comment

That team lost all their players to eastside (shows how bad eastside are) . They were never the best anyway and now they are a very low level select team . You have to figure out a way of getting out of pspl . Can’t you move all your best players to a higher level DA team ? You are just wasting your time trying to be the best team in pspl . Pspl and rcl div 1 are now just select level teams . If you want your kid to get a scholarship you had better try and get them to play in a decent club with decent competition . If not they will just get worse and worse every year .
      No thanks chris)

Comment

No thanks chris)
        Dude I have no idea who Chris is but I can tell you to join us at a premier club😉 close to you guys and much better facilities . You might not like the prices but the opportunities are far higher .

Comment

You keep begging to join rcl why don’t you come over to the dark side if you think you are good enough ?

Comment

You keep begging to join rcl why don’t you come over to the dark side if you think you are good enough ?
            Because they prefer sniping from outside, secure in their bubble, telling themselves how clever and superior they are.

When someone brought up the fact that summer tournaments are open to anyone, one PSPL cheerleader responded with the vague claim that they don't participate because they don't like who is running those tournaments (who the entrance fees are paid to).

The Southlake cheerleader parent is among the worst. He spent months bragging about a friendly between two U13 teams, claiming that proved the inferiority of RCL. Yet, whenever his kid's team loses, excuses are offered - we didn't have all of our players, we were the away team. The latter was offered a week or two ago, and now he's back bragging about a win over the weekend.

The other approach appears to be championing a particular team at a non-RCL club that is having some measure of success, which somehow demonstrates the inferiority of RCL. Highline, Northshore and Bellevue United have each had 1 team mentioned. Ironically, the posters never talk about the OTHER teams at those clubs (much less the overall standard of coaching, facilities, organization, etc).

This is the same crowd that argued (in this thread or another similar one) that a community college degree was better than a bachelor's, because it costs less. You can't argue with that kind of "logic" and willful blindness.

I have nothing against PSPL, NPSL or any of these clubs (I played for Highline in the pre-RCL days). I'm glad that they exist, to provide options for kids and families.

I also think there are many valid critiques of the RCL model. But you won't find an intellectually-honest debate about them here.

Comment

I also think there are many valid critiques of the RCL model. But you won't find an intellectually-honest debate about them here.
              I have a B license. I've coached for years, including teams in both PSPL and RCL. Anyone who thinks that PSPL/NPSL is "better" than RCL needs to give their heads a wobble. There's no comparison which is why the people arguing against RCL are forced to talk about individual teams and results, in isolation, ignoring the broader picture.

Comment

I have a B license. I've coached for years, including teams in both PSPL and RCL. Anyone who thinks that PSPL/NPSL is "better" than RCL needs to give their heads a wobble. There's no comparison which is why the people arguing against RCL are forced to talk about individual teams and results, in isolation, ignoring the broader picture.
                I'd agree that's true for the big RCL clubs, but since they've moved their A teams into ECNL, what's left in the RCL is the big club B teams and the occasional good team from the smaller clubs, so the gap between RCL1 and PSPL WNPL is much smaller than it used to be. The top 2 or 3 NPSL teams can compete with those teams, but the drop-off in the NPSL after that is big.

As far as Southlake goes, the 07 team is the only one that is decent, the rest aren't competitive in the NPSL (don't count the TUSK 02 team since they were together years before Southlake) . Plus, if you're at Southlake you need to go to your board and ask them about Athletico PacNW and how they've put another group of players from outside of your area ahead of yours.

Comment

Because they prefer sniping from outside, secure in their bubble, telling themselves how clever and superior they are.

When someone brought up the fact that summer tournaments are open to anyone, one PSPL cheerleader responded with the vague claim that they don't participate because they don't like who is running those tournaments (who the entrance fees are paid to).

The Southlake cheerleader parent is among the worst. He spent months bragging about a friendly between two U13 teams, claiming that proved the inferiority of RCL. Yet, whenever his kid's team loses, excuses are offered - we didn't have all of our players, we were the away team. The latter was offered a week or two ago, and now he's back bragging about a win over the weekend.

The other approach appears to be championing a particular team at a non-RCL club that is having some measure of success, which somehow demonstrates the inferiority of RCL. Highline, Northshore and Bellevue United have each had 1 team mentioned. Ironically, the posters never talk about the OTHER teams at those clubs (much less the overall standard of coaching, facilities, organization, etc).

This is the same crowd that argued (in this thread or another similar one) that a community college degree was better than a bachelor's, because it costs less. You can't argue with that kind of "logic" and willful blindness.

I have nothing against PSPL, NPSL or any of these clubs (I played for Highline in the pre-RCL days). I'm glad that they exist, to provide options for kids and families.

1st intelligent post in a while.

Comment

To clarify, I am not a parent of BUFC. I mention BUFC G05 team here is only to say they are a good team and they fought their way to move from NPSL to RCL. I do not think NPSL is superior to RCL, no one has reasonable mind would say that. I just feel bad for them to have to start from lowest division in RCL, that must be a hard decision for the team.

Gunners is another story. Because both NPSL and RCL belongs to WYS, but PSPL is not. So they do not have this pathway open for them.

Comment

Thank you for making me popular here. I do not defend Southlake, no. Moreover, I do not say that they are the strongest ... My vision is that some teams can compete with monsters like PAC or SU without anything. If honestly we were an individual team from Maple Valley which had several talented children. Then a few more talents joined us and we signed up for Sauthlake to make organizing the game easier. I want to say that not having a lot of money, not having a constant selection of new players, we move and break out. Our parents are not sick with all this fuss about running from team to team like in big clubs, any academies or EPDs. We just play with some success.
                      And believe me, none of us dream of a PAC NW or Whats Else, although believe it, many of the teams would be useful at the ECNl level. And so we are so poor, but we have a good chance to go to the same national finals in another state as the best elite team, whose parents pay up to $ 10,000 per year. Therefore, I want to say that not everything is lost for children who for any reason cannot play in large teams. May you be ashamed. Also say that we sometimes lose. Yes we lose PSPl also has good teams. I’ll tell you more: even Barcelona loses ... Not everyone decides money in children's sports.

Comment

Huh? What does that have to do with... Nevermind.

We can explain it to you. But we can't understand it for you.

Comment

Trump

"The other approach appears to be championing a particular team at a non-RCL club that is having some measure of success, which somehow demonstrates the inferiority of RCL. Highline, Northshore and Bellevue United have each had 1 team mentioned. Ironically, the posters never talk about the OTHER teams at those clubs (much less the overall standard of coaching, facilities, organization, etc)."

The crux here is that there is a difference between TEAM success and PLAYER success. A team of players that stays together season after season with a good coach can win against "higher level" teams made up of players of higher quality in which there is turnover of players and coaches year to year. For kids that play for just the love of the game, that may be the apex of their careers and a great life experience.

For an individual player, playing with and against players of equal or higher quality (athletic, technical and/or tactical) is what will improve their individual game and is necessary to increase their chances of moving up to the next level. I doubt that any player on the successful select level teams cited here would turn down the chance to play for free at the DA or ECNL level. Players with ambition to play at higher levels (college or professional) know it takes steel sharpening steel to achieve their goals.

Comment

"The other approach appears to be championing a particular team at a non-RCL club that is having some measure of success, which somehow demonstrates the inferiority of RCL. Highline, Northshore and Bellevue United have each had 1 team mentioned. Ironically, the posters never talk about the OTHER teams at those clubs (much less the overall standard of coaching, facilities, organization, etc)."

The crux here is that there is a difference between TEAM success and PLAYER success. A team of players that stays together season after season with a good coach can win against "higher level" teams made up of players of higher quality in which there is turnover of players and coaches year to year. For kids that play for just the love of the game, that may be the apex of their careers and a great life experience.

For an individual player, playing with and against players of equal or higher quality (athletic, technical and/or tactical) is what will improve their individual game and is necessary to increase their chances of moving up to the next level. I doubt that any player on the successful select level teams cited here would turn down the chance to play for free at the DA or ECNL level. Players with ambition to play at higher levels (college or professional) know it takes steel sharpening steel to achieve their goals.
                            Yep . The top clubs do have scholarships for kids who can’t afford the high fees . Go and try out if they think they are good enough . You never know .

Comment

Be honest, it’s more fun when I just call people idiots...

Comment

haw is RCL looking? Level draped?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X