Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no college coaches at tonight's game?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no college coaches at tonight's game?

So my daughter plays at Glastonbury and her friends play at Oakwood academy. We went to the NYSC/Oakwood U18 friendly Sunday night and at that game I saw 6 college coaches talking to players for both teams after the game. I didn't see any college coaches at tonight's game with 2 of the top 6 teams in the state playing and was suprised.

Because the GHS and Staples kids play at CFC and are already committed.. Duh!!!

Comment

Troll!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        So my daughter plays at Glastonbury and her friends play at Oakwood academy. We went to the NYSC/Oakwood U18 friendly Sunday night and at that game I saw 6 college coaches talking to players for both teams after the game. I didn't see any college coaches at tonight's game with 2 of the top 6 teams in the state playing and was suprised.
        Hey clown. There were more division 1 players on that field tonight than OW will have in their entire class this year.

Sorry you chose Oakwood for your kid. Losing proposition on the girls side

Comment

What I absolutely love the best about this post is that it was written by a clueless OW Dad coach that doesn’t know **** about the college recruiting process.

This week (starting today) is A Dead week for NCAA recruiting in all Division 1 sports. That means no on campus visits, visits to high schools or watch student athletes compete. Only phone or email contact is allowed.

And this kids is why you don’t entrust OW people with anything related to the college recruiting process

Comment

You are very bright, the post said the game was played on Sunday... dead period didn’t start until Monday, November 12. Get your facts straight!!!

Comment

You are very bright, the post said the game was played on Sunday... dead period didn’t start until Monday, November 12. Get your facts straight!!!
              Hey DBAG, the point of the post was the OP was asking why coaches didn’t attend TONIGHT’s game. Re-read the post.

The Ow troll got served. Kudos to whoever knew about the dead period.

Oakwood trying to make themselves relevant tonight. No one cares about Oakwood

Comment

Shouldn’t all u18 Academy players be committed already? Which 6 college programs were there by the way?

Comment

Let it go. It was a very stupid post and it was met with a simple reply from an astute poster.

Oakwood staff is typically all over this board and certainly got embarrassed on this one

Comment

UConn. Hartford. URI. Who else?

Comment

UConn. Hartford. URI. Who else?
                      I saw SUNY ALBANY, UMASS, Dartmouth, BRYANT, HARTFORD, I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT D1 RECRUITING AS MY DAUGHTER IS A SOPHOMORE AND LOOKING AT D3 If ANYTHING SO AS THE OP NOT SURE HOW I GOT SERVED.

Comment

Shouldn’t all u18 Academy players be committed already? Which 6 college programs were there by the way?
                        If they're any good, yes.

Comment

I saw SUNY ALBANY, UMASS, Dartmouth, BRYANT, HARTFORD, I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT D1 RECRUITING AS MY DAUGHTER IS A SOPHOMORE AND LOOKING AT D3 If ANYTHING SO AS THE OP NOT SURE HOW I GOT SERVED.
                          Thanks Oakwood coach/family. Great that some coaches attended a game. This is what is supposed to happen in high level Club soccer

Act like you’ve been there before

Comment

When my daughter was getting recruited, some of the local coaches came to her high school games (some more than once). They also saw her at the showcase events. They will go anywhere to see kids they are recruiting if they have the means. Any college coach that would snub a kid at a high school game just because it is high school soccer is an idiot and probably missing out on some decent players. If you have time and ability to travel, that is what you do to evaluate prospects.

Comment

When my daughter was getting recruited, some of the local coaches came to her high school games (some more than once). They also saw her at the showcase events. They will go anywhere to see kids they are recruiting if they have the means. Any college coach that would snub a kid at a high school game just because it is high school soccer is an idiot and probably missing out on some decent players. If you have time and ability to travel, that is what you do to evaluate prospects.
                              Few coaches have the time during the HS season. They often send an assistant if it is convenient. HS finals get a decent showing of college coaches. But in reality the big leagues have made it easier for coaches to do one stop shopping in one place. Also, the state doesn't have that much talent and certainly not all players want to stay local. Coaches have to prioritize where they spend their time and on whom.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X