Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All it takes in HS is one or two players to tip the scales. GDA has definitely hurt GHS. There are without a doubt a few kids that would have been big time impact players at GHS this year.

This also points out to me the relative weakness of the academy teams. CFC United is without a doubt the undisputed leader in college placement. They place a new crop into D1 schools consistently from year to year. Part of the success there is that they attract kids from all corners of the state to the program. Definitely a talent aggregation model.

OW by these numbers (assuming they are true) is heavily dependent on players from one town of roughly 40,000 residents. I'm sure the gene pool runs deep in Glastonbury but no town yields that many high level players.

Perhaps in the future, OW will attract kids to the GDA but that doesn't seem to be happening right now.
    Please elaborate on your stats. How many players at CFC on girls side in the entire program? How many coaches? How many of those coaches are in college coaching staffs? the size of the program is larger and has a much farther reach than OW or FSA. I would expect it to be the most competitive, wouldn’t you. I would go so far as to say...the age group teams that aren’t outperforming the other local “Bigs” should be closely evaluated to understand why. If a major league team had a farm system bigger than all the rest, why wouldn’t they have the most competitive options to choose from when they got to professional?

Comment

Please elaborate on your stats. How many players at CFC on girls side in the entire program? How many coaches? How many of those coaches are in college coaching staffs? the size of the program is larger and has a much farther reach than OW or FSA. I would expect it to be the most competitive, wouldn’t you. I would go so far as to say...the age group teams that aren’t outperforming the other local “Bigs” should be closely evaluated to understand why. If a major league team had a farm system bigger than all the rest, why wouldn’t they have the most competitive options to choose from when they got to professional?
      They get very few kids from their own farm system because 95% of their farm system is pathetic.

Comment

They get very few kids from their own farm system because 95% of their farm system is pathetic.
        Ridgefield back in the ruden spotlight. Does that mean he is jumping off his preseason fav staples and back on to his darling Ridgefield?
        http://www.therudenreport.com/middle...or-ridgefield/

Not a lot of insight, except for the fact that the cb is going to brown and the fact that Ridgefield had a coach resign to coach at the d3 college level. Not sure I have seen the later in Fciac coaching history in the past decade or two. When most schools are complaining about a hs gym or history teacher coaching who was at the end of his career, Ridgefield had one who left for a college hc job. Explains a lot

Comment

Ridgefield back in the ruden spotlight. Does that mean he is jumping off his preseason fav staples and back on to his darling Ridgefield?
          http://www.therudenreport.com/middle...or-ridgefield/

Not a lot of insight, except for the fact that the cb is going to brown and the fact that Ridgefield had a coach resign to coach at the d3 college level. Not sure I have seen the later in Fciac coaching history in the past decade or two. When most schools are complaining about a hs gym or history teacher coaching who was at the end of his career, Ridgefield had one who left for a college hc job. Explains a lot
          ^^^^ agree about the coaches. Was impressed that in an otherwise “puff” piece, the player continued to reference “the program” at Ridgefield. Don’t see a lot of teens speaking that way about a soccer team, UNLESS it’s how the coaches refer to it. Probably a part of their success as well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X