Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t understand

Why is it that Academy Soccer players can’t play for there High School???

Originally posted by A Soccer Lover View Post
    Better soccer would frustrate everyone

Comment

Because the imminently successful US Soccer feels that is best. Move along.

Comment

Can’t understand? It’s very simple. Because DAP has a rule against it. If a kid wants to play high school they can play ECNL.

Comment

Omg how dumb are you

Comment

because they are busy playing Academy

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              because they are busy playing Academy
              Ah ... a serious answer from someone that doens't feel the need to act like an arse in all of their responses. Didn't think that was possible on TS.

Comment

Ah ... a serious answer from someone that doens't feel the need to act like an arse in all of their responses. Didn't think that was possible on TS.
                You are still a dumb fuk

Comment

Can’t understand

I don't know but maybe you want to make sure your kid focuses on English class "Their". Dumbo

Comment

they want the players concentrating on ineffective soccer on a year-round basis.

Comment

The program goes from August through June. If you are playing HS in that time, then you are either way overplaying, and are susceptible to injury. Or, you are joining in November and missed the fall season.

I won't say "bad habits", but they also encourage a similar style so players playing else are picking up "different habits", which need to be broken and there isn't enough time.

For some HS players, it wouldn't be a problem if their HS is good. For others, it could be.

Not saying I advocate one way or the other. But, that is the reason.

Comment

The program goes from August through June. If you are playing HS in that time, then you are either way overplaying, and are susceptible to injury. Or, you are joining in November and missed the fall season.

I won't say "bad habits", but they also encourage a similar style so players playing else are picking up "different habits", which need to be broken and there isn't enough time.

For some HS players, it wouldn't be a problem if their HS is good. For others, it could be.

Not saying I advocate one way or the other. But, that is the reason.
                        I'd say "bad habits", at least in the case of my kids. Its the same reason I breathed a sigh of relief when they said they had enough of town soccer.

In terms of practices, our high school practices 6 days a week. Guess its needed for kids that play only during the ~ 2 month window in the fall and then have a 10 month time off but its overplaying.

Comment

I'd say "bad habits", at least in the case of my kids. Its the same reason I breathed a sigh of relief when they said they had enough of town soccer.

In terms of practices, our high school practices 6 days a week. Guess its needed for kids that play only during the ~ 2 month window in the fall and then have a 10 month time off but its overplaying.
                          If US Soccer said 4 year olds should do triple sessions every morning 9 days a week and run a marathon every afternoon you blow hard academy dopes would stand at attention and salute them.

Comment

If US Soccer said 4 year olds should do triple sessions every morning 9 days a week and run a marathon every afternoon you blow hard academy dopes would stand at attention and salute them.
                            Probably not, we'd continue to use common sense when it comes to rest & recovery.

Tape those guards on nice and tight this week guys, the weather may cause back to back game days. If you;re lucky, you may even get 3 games over 4 days. That'd be super great.
                            I'm sure nobody will get hurt and the player's academics won't suffer a bit.

Let the kids play!

Comment

Probably not, we'd continue to use common sense when it comes to rest & recovery.

Tape those guards on nice and tight this week guys, the weather may cause back to back game days. If you;re lucky, you may even get 3 games over 4 days. That'd be super great.
                              I'm sure nobody will get hurt and the player's academics won't suffer a bit.

Let the kids play!
                              This is the best time of the year for soccer. Beats the heck out a trip to Long Island to crush some over matched DA team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X