Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NPL Question

New to soccer in CT, as we just moved into the state. After some research and phone calls, learned that CFC and FSA are both having supplemental tryouts for HS boys in a few weeks. My son is interested and I have calls into both clubs with questions, but hoping folks here might have some background or experience as to how things are done in CT as we wait for return calls.

My apologies for a long email - background, he is a HS varsity player and has played successfully at the premier level but doesn't want to do DA, wants to play HS and club. No illusions of D1 and scholarship money, he is targeting D3 colleges that match his academic interests and soccer. Not looking at ECNL as we've been advised travel costs/schedule are very high.

FSA: FSA says they have an ECNL and NPL Boys team and lists a NPL-EDP link but FSA not listed as an NPL member on NPL/US Club soccer link. Is EDP comparable to NPL?

CFC: Has an ECNL and teams teams will play in NPL, NEP various Division 1, 2, etc. which looks like a Massachusetts US Club league, or EDP, or CCSL (still looking into this league, but seem like alot of town clubs.) Looking at the links on the CFC website they have teams with 2-3 rostered players, or 10 players, or no players. Is CFC even fielding teams all these teams? Is NEP non NPL comparable to EDP or something else?

Any background or context is greatly appreciated. Are there other clubs we should be looking at in the Hartford area? Thank you in advance!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    New to soccer in CT, as we just moved into the state. After some research and phone calls, learned that CFC and FSA are both having supplemental tryouts for HS boys in a few weeks. My son is interested and I have calls into both clubs with questions, but hoping folks here might have some background or experience as to how things are done in CT as we wait for return calls.

My apologies for a long email - background, he is a HS varsity player and has played successfully at the premier level but doesn't want to do DA, wants to play HS and club. No illusions of D1 and scholarship money, he is targeting D3 colleges that match his academic interests and soccer. Not looking at ECNL as we've been advised travel costs/schedule are very high.

FSA: FSA says they have an ECNL and NPL Boys team and lists a NPL-EDP link but FSA not listed as an NPL member on NPL/US Club soccer link. Is EDP comparable to NPL?

CFC: Has an ECNL and teams teams will play in NPL, NEP various Division 1, 2, etc. which looks like a Massachusetts US Club league, or EDP, or CCSL (still looking into this league, but seem like alot of town clubs.) Looking at the links on the CFC website they have teams with 2-3 rostered players, or 10 players, or no players. Is CFC even fielding teams all these teams? Is NEP non NPL comparable to EDP or something else?

Any background or context is greatly appreciated. Are there other clubs we should be looking at in the Hartford area? Thank you in advance!
    In Hartford FSA should be first choice but only if you can do ECNL. EDP is NPL

CFCU or CFC North are very good choice too. North plays EDP which is a US Club based based. Travel to there is much better than EDP which is Jersey or Long Island based. CFCU is ECNL you need to travel to Bethany.

Comment

Play for OW Npl team

Comment

Oakwood is a much better option than FSA. Do yourself a favor and go watch a game in your sons age for each of the clubs and you will make up your mind with ease.

Comment

Yes do that. You will see fsa pass, pass, pass, pass and score. Then you can watch OW pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass,pass, pass, pass, pass, pass ,pass, then pick the ball out of their own net

Comment

OP here - thank you all for the feedback! So maybe ECNL might be worth it. Nothing ventured nothing gained I guess. I thought Oakwood was DA - they have an NPL team? A mother's work is never done! Still trying to get used to these left sided off ramps in CT, let alone navigate CT youth sports. Many thanks!

Comment

OP here - thank you all for the feedback! So maybe ECNL might be worth it. Nothing ventured nothing gained I guess. I thought Oakwood was DA - they have an NPL team? A mother's work is never done! Still trying to get used to these left sided off ramps in CT, let alone navigate CT youth sports. Many thanks!
              Be advised that ECNL requires a ton of travel. It’s DA without the payoff

Comment

Get a life mom. Your research methods are laughable. On an anonymous forum? What’s wrong with you?

Comment

I don't think OW has boys NPL teams any longer. If they do it's their B teams and at most clubs B teams get no attention and weaker coaches. If you can't go A team at either FSA or CFC, don't bother. FSA ECNL teams are much better than CFCs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X