Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    wow, just above was a post that was the best ever on TS. Now this baffoon has the dumbest. When it comes to ivy league schools, these kids are educationally the top kids in whatever town they live in. It has nothing to do with CFC or FSA. If she played town soccer and had phenomenal grades, she could possibly get into an ivy league school. Not the other way around. sorry CFC parent!
    No, I heard from my mother's aunt's granddaughter's cheauffer's god son's hairdresser's neighbor that starting in 2020 the Ivy league will no longer be accepting males and that all new candidates must play girls ECNL soccer to be considered for admission.

Comment

My kid got into an Ivy because of soccer and excellent grades. She would have not have gotten without soccer. They saw her and tracked her at ECNL events. Our club helped throughout process.

Comment

The problem with FSA is they grew too quickly, and have more players and teams than they do quality coaches. One does have to wonder why the good coaches left though.

Comment

My kid got into an Ivy because of soccer and excellent grades. She would have not have gotten without soccer. They saw her and tracked her at ECNL events. Our club helped throughout process.
          All kids that go to Ivy league schools have excellent grades. Not all kids in Ivy League school play sports. You'd be an idiot to say that if your kid's grades were horrible, that she would have gotten in because of soccer alone. This is the exact problem with american society that we are relying on; paying lots of money for our kids to play soccer as a means to get to college. let the kids play, where ever it may be. Its obvious you are not Ivy League material.....leave it to your kid.

Comment

All kids that go to Ivy league schools have excellent grades. Not all kids in Ivy League school play sports. You'd be an idiot to say that if your kid's grades were horrible, that she would have gotten in because of soccer alone. This is the exact problem with american society that we are relying on; paying lots of money for our kids to play soccer as a means to get to college. let the kids play, where ever it may be. Its obvious you are not Ivy League material.....leave it to your kid.
            Perhaps it is a case of many of today's parents being obsessed with what they want their children to be without knowing who they truly are .

Comment

I actually went to an Ivy League school and was hoping she would not.

Comment

Getting into an Ivy League school doesn't really mean anything though does it? Unless something guarantees future happiness, it's not impressive or important.

I could care less what school my kid ends up at as long as she's happy.

Comment

The problem with FSA is they grew too quickly, and have more players and teams than they do quality coaches. One does have to wonder why the good coaches left though.
                  You posted this in the other thread so I will respond here too .....

FSA is basically the same size it has been for most of the past decade ..... Elite and Navy teams (with an occasional C team) ..... Navy and White (with an occasional C team) ..... the club is not substantially larger than it was 7 or 8 years ago, it just has more fields and a bigger note to pay. They have always had difficulty filling C teams (especially at older ages) as no wants to accept that their kids are basically travel players (and then have to pay a king's ransom to play on a C team to be able to call them premier players ... that cant beat travel teams).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X