Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All true. So, why do people need to justify their choices by belittling others?
    Don't assume it's just parents on here bashing. Lots of clubs with their own agendas as well. I'ts all anonymous.

Comment

Don't assume it's just parents on here bashing. Lots of clubs with their own agendas as well. I'ts all anonymous.
      Probably true. Sad that a club would take to belittling kids as a way to prove some point.

Comment

I didn’t see much mocking, some but mostly people posting negatives about Seacoast and DA and how it’s not a good idea. Many teams in the DA leaugue across the country are phenomenal with really talented players. The problem lies with Seacoast competing in the league and delusional parents thinking their daughter belongs in that upper echelon. They don’t. There are only a handful of girls high school age in NH that are going to play D1 in college, yet Seacoast will tell you all the DA kids will. So they give up high school and middle school soccer and they train 4 days a week and travel to NY every weekend for games and fly to DA showcases (can’t compete in anything else or anything local) and for what? Not going D1.
        Since SUSC is so bad and they are doing everything wrong according to you, can you please let us all know what club your daughter plays for? What they do so well compared to SUSC? I assume you will not be willing to disclose this info as you make all of your comments, but also I assume you may not even have a daughter who plays by looking at the comments you make. This comment about SUSC clearly not being good enough for GDA and selling everyone short, everyone has to start somewhere... even at the bottom if it has to be that way. No one is saying SUSC are going to be in DA to win, they are in it to TRY and progress. Is that going to happen in year 1, 2 or maybe 3.... probably not.... but to get out of the comfort zone of where they have been and try and get better while failing at the same time is not always a bad thing. If parents and players got into this program to think they are going to win a National Championship in GDA then they are very unrealstic. There are plenty of successful people in the world, maybe you are one of them, but not many of them did not take huge risks and experienced failure on their way to trying to be successful. If you are with GPS NEFC or FC Stars, good luck with your program. If you have a daughter playing, good luck to her in the level that she is at or trying to attain.

Comment

^^^ Slow clap that grows and grows into a large roar by the end of the post.

Well said.

Comment

Since SUSC is so bad and they are doing everything wrong according to you, can you please let us all know what club your daughter plays for? What they do so well compared to SUSC? I assume you will not be willing to disclose this info as you make all of your comments, but also I assume you may not even have a daughter who plays by looking at the comments you make. This comment about SUSC clearly not being good enough for GDA and selling everyone short, everyone has to start somewhere... even at the bottom if it has to be that way. No one is saying SUSC are going to be in DA to win, they are in it to TRY and progress. Is that going to happen in year 1, 2 or maybe 3.... probably not.... but to get out of the comfort zone of where they have been and try and get better while failing at the same time is not always a bad thing. If parents and players got into this program to think they are going to win a National Championship in GDA then they are very unrealstic. There are plenty of successful people in the world, maybe you are one of them, but not many of them did not take huge risks and experienced failure on their way to trying to be successful. If you are with GPS NEFC or FC Stars, good luck with your program. If you have a daughter playing, good luck to her in the level that she is at or trying to attain.
            Not the OP but what does it matter what club his D plays for? So far I have heard no reasonable defense for SUSC going DA other than everyone has to start somewhere. Actually no, you don't have to start somewhere, especially if your club doesn't have enough teams and enough elite players to support DA to begin with. Further, their move doesn't just affect their DA teams, it affects the teams below DA because of all the moving up that's happening. Also, take a look at the Girls NEP brackets for the Fall. SUSC doesn't have single team below NPL in the Premiership divisions for U12, U13, U14, or U15. This means they have nobody waiting in the wings to promote to NPL or DA for next year.

Finally, if this year doesn't go smoothly, there could be a lot of parents and players throughout SUSC not happy and looking to make moves, which will compound the problem SUSC already has waiting for them next year.

Comment

Not the OP but what does it matter what club his D plays for? So far I have heard no reasonable defense for SUSC going DA other than everyone has to start somewhere. Actually no, you don't have to start somewhere, especially if your club doesn't have enough teams and enough elite players to support DA to begin with. Further, their move doesn't just affect their DA teams, it affects the teams below DA because of all the moving up that's happening. Also, take a look at the Girls NEP brackets for the Fall. SUSC doesn't have single team below NPL in the Premiership divisions for U12, U13, U14, or U15. This means they have nobody waiting in the wings to promote to NPL or DA for next year.

Finally, if this year doesn't go smoothly, there could be a lot of parents and players throughout SUSC not happy and looking to make moves, which will compound the problem SUSC already has waiting for them next year.

And, yet, why do you care? If you are unhappy, and part of SUSC, leave. If you are part of another club, good luck in your upcoming season.

What do you gain by pontificating from up on high? What does it feel like to trash kids' abilities?

Comment

Thank you for responding to my post.... aggressively and defensively as expected.

I agree, it does not matter what club his/her daughter plays for... if any... my point is simply that it is easy to sit and attack something, without backing it up from the opinion of what is supposedly better.

Also, who says you don't have to start somewhere? You? That makes no sense whatsoever. Any walk of life there are chances to be promoted, and most of the time people/teams are not immediately ready to be in that position, however it does not mean that you don't do it or give up and accept. As I mentioned below, you have to be prepared to fail, and a lot of people don't like failing or love to see people fail so they can jump on things like this and point fun of the fact.

HS teams move from D2 to D1... not ready and not good enough at the start. College teams move from D2 to D1.... not ready and not good enough at the start (UMass Lowell Women's as an example). What about the EPL, teams who are promoted from the division below and come up to EPL.... some of them are so not ready at that stage... but the challenge is there to at least TRY. What do you teach your kids... you are not good enough so don't even try and start somewhere? Don't even try and reach higher than what you are right now? Everyone is so scared of failure, and chasing immediate success but willing to put in the time and effort.... however for the people who persevere and keep trying, when they succeed it is that much more worth it.

Your last point about "if this year does not go smoothly then bigger problems ahead" is a close minded assessment. If people make that decision, then so be it, however in the end they should not be part of the long term program of being open minded to TRY and better themselves. If you want short term success and a medal every time, by all means don't try and aim high.... because as you said no one has the right to try and start somewhere.

Comment

Thank you for responding to my post.... aggressively and defensively as expected.

I agree, it does not matter what club his/her daughter plays for... if any... my point is simply that it is easy to sit and attack something, without backing it up from the opinion of what is supposedly better.

Also, who says you don't have to start somewhere? You? That makes no sense whatsoever. Any walk of life there are chances to be promoted, and most of the time people/teams are not immediately ready to be in that position, however it does not mean that you don't do it or give up and accept. As I mentioned below, you have to be prepared to fail, and a lot of people don't like failing or love to see people fail so they can jump on things like this and point fun of the fact.

HS teams move from D2 to D1... not ready and not good enough at the start. College teams move from D2 to D1.... not ready and not good enough at the start (UMass Lowell Women's as an example). What about the EPL, teams who are promoted from the division below and come up to EPL.... some of them are so not ready at that stage... but the challenge is there to at least TRY. What do you teach your kids... you are not good enough so don't even try and start somewhere? Don't even try and reach higher than what you are right now? Everyone is so scared of failure, and chasing immediate success but willing to put in the time and effort.... however for the people who persevere and keep trying, when they succeed it is that much more worth it.

Your last point about "if this year does not go smoothly then bigger problems ahead" is a close minded assessment. If people make that decision, then so be it, however in the end they should not be part of the long term program of being open minded to TRY and better themselves. If you want short term success and a medal every time, by all means don't try and aim high.... because as you said no one has the right to try and start somewhere.
                  OK Tony Robbins, I laid out the specifics of the situation and all you can respond with is generalized self-help platitudes that are essentially meaningless. TRY? LOLZ OK TOny Robbins. I "attacked" with logic and facts that you chose to ignore. I guess it's a lot easier to justify your position if you ignore those pesky things huh? If you want to talk about better, and you're interested in proven high level programs that will almost certainly be successful and be around next year too, then have your kid go play Stars ECNL or NEFC DA or NPL. It would be a hellluva a lot smarter than signing up for what appears to be by all evidence, a predictable train wreck.

Comment

OK Tony Robbins, I laid out the specifics of the situation and all you can respond with is generalized self-help platitudes that are essentially meaningless. TRY? LOLZ OK TOny Robbins. I "attacked" with logic and facts that you chose to ignore. I guess it's a lot easier to justify your position if you ignore those pesky things huh? If you want to talk about better, and you're interested in proven high level programs that will almost certainly be successful and be around next year too, then have your kid go play Stars ECNL or NEFC DA or NPL. It would be a hellluva a lot smarter than signing up for what appears to be by all evidence, a predictable train wreck.
                    Why be such a doooooche? It's a serious question? Maybe getting to Stars ECNL and NEFC aren't logistically possible for some.

But, who cares why anyone does anything? The more and more you go on, the more insecure you seem. Really, be happy with whatever choice you have taken. Everyone has many factors for why they chose to play for whom, and where, they do. All of those factors are weighed for each family. All of them, I presume, do what is best for them when taking in all those factors. Why do you always insist in imparting what (I can only assume) works for you into everyone else?

What is your end game? To be right? To be king? To win? To say "I told you so" some day?

It's now become a serious question: What in God's name is the point?

Comment

Attended the SUSC town travel jamboree yesterday with my youngest D who plays town only. SU had some of their GDA girls refing. Ay ay ay. The girls didn't seem to know the rules. Got eaten up by a few parents. Parents were low-life jerks, especially one mother with a particularly big mouth, but I felt for those girls, being put in the situation by their club. I fear SU is only adding fuel to the fire that their players just don't know the game and don't belong in the GDA.

Comment

Attended the SUSC town travel jamboree yesterday with my youngest D who plays town only. SU had some of their GDA girls refing. Ay ay ay. The girls didn't seem to know the rules. Got eaten up by a few parents. Parents were low-life jerks, especially one mother with a particularly big mouth, but I felt for those girls, being put in the situation by their club. I fear SU is only adding fuel to the fire that their players just don't know the game and don't belong in the GDA.

LOL.

Parent of a kid who was playing in the jamboree, but knows a DA player. We were told those kids gave up their Sunday to help out. There's a huge need for refs and just can't fill all the games for all the tourneys out there.

Players knew the rules just fine and we didn't see any issues. Any tool who yells at a volunteer ref for kid's soccer needs their head examined. Anyone who comes on an anonymous board and comments about it needs their head examined, and to grow a pair.

Instead of crapping on kids for donating their time to help grow the game, why don't you pick up a whistle and help out? Hell, I saw one kid from a younger DA group out there with her foot in a cast doing her part.

Kudos to those kids for assisting. Well done.

Comment

Didn't you all know, parents are experts and love to bash ref's. This is one of the reasons my kids decided to stop ref'ing. I really like parents who know what offsides is, ha!

Comment

Didn't you all know, parents are experts and love to bash ref's. This is one of the reasons my kids decided to stop ref'ing. I really like parents who know what offsides is, ha!
                            Two of my kids ref. Boy the stories they have, even rec level for U8! A friend is a ref coordinator and keeping kids participating is 100 times worse than the actual scheduling part of the job. It's no wonder there aren't enough refs.

Comment

My D wanted to Ref at one point. I asked "Are you out of your mind?" I'm a way better sideline parent than I used to be, but even still now and then I'll gripe when the Ref makes a bad call. Reffing is a completely thankless job.

Comment

Have the DA rule so beeen relaxed? Just wondering why I saw a SUSC Academy player at middle school tryouts. The kid is good and will probably make the team, also taking the spot from someone else who chose GPS or the NPL route.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X