Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Filling teams with good players is much more possible with early information, not late. But on LI, players are payers and payers are players. Sounds the same- old same-old half-baked soccer always served up on LI.
    Whatever it ends up being, LISC still only has U14 and U15 GDA next year.

Comment

Bah, the "big" announcement is that they hired a new director/head coach.

Comment

Meghan Frey is NOT a "game changer". Good coach, but not the savior LISC needs.

Comment

Meghan is a great person, coach and leader. She is the perfect person to help the club formulate a new strategy. She's not going to come in and make the team a world beater right away, but I'm sure that's not the plan. Basically starting over from scratch. Great opportunity.

Congrats Meghan and good luck!

Comment

Yes, solid coach. No problems with her at all. But she didn't turn the Rough Riders into a powerhouse and she certainly didn't advance NY Surf as their DOC the past year.

I suspect that the money is running out at Surf and you will see further defections this summer.

Comment

Yes, solid coach. No problems with her at all. But she didn't turn the Rough Riders into a powerhouse and she certainly didn't advance NY Surf as their DOC the past year.

I suspect that the money is running out at Surf and you will see further defections this summer.
              I think you're wrong there. Nobody wanted Meghan to leave, but I'm sure everyone will be impressed with who's taking over for her. If not, you have rocks in your head.

Comment

Long Island SC Gda

I hope it works out! But I'm not sure it's going to work so well from NJ with a club with teams based in Westchester and Long Island.

Comment

LM obv posting here. Dude, you hyped surf to the max then boldly jumped i the first lifeboat as the ship started to sink. you have no morals or insights into how the youth soccer world works for the consumers - parents. you may know the players on the admin side, but your info and "take" is terrible for parents to follow.

the gossip rag you run called BoTN is overtly censored by you to support your PoVs only.

Go back there and do your damage control and leave others to talk here in peace with no censorship. and without your fatuous, arrogant, bloated commentary.

Comment

Really??? I thought this was a “game changer”. Who from EMSC, Susa or Alby will leave where they are to go to LISC? None. What are they going to get some Surf girls to go? So what. None of them could make any of the above named clubs top teams anyway.

I do like MF. She is a solid coach. But, you are right, she is no “game changer”.

Comment

Really??? I thought this was a “game changer”. Who from EMSC, Susa or Alby will leave where they are to go to LISC? None. What are they going to get some Surf girls to go? So what. None of them could make any of the above named clubs top teams anyway.

I do like MF. She is a solid coach. But, you are right, she is no “game changer”.
                      LISC is a complete disaster and the oversell of MF only sets her up for scrutiny and criticism. LISC let those train wrecks from Massapequa and Brentwood derail any hopes of LISC being competitive and they crashed and burned. Now MF will take the reigns and try to shine up a bunch of B team players from Surf...I mean, the woman can only do so much!!!

Comment

Long Island SC Gda

Congratulations it took longer than I thought it would for our 1st azzhole posts. I'm sure your kids are just treasures but with a parent like you I doubt it!!!!

Comment

LISC is a complete disaster and the oversell of MF only sets her up for scrutiny and criticism. LISC let those train wrecks from Massapequa and Brentwood derail any hopes of LISC being competitive and they crashed and burned. Now MF will take the reigns and try to shine up a bunch of B team players from Surf...I mean, the woman can only do so much!!!
                          Leave it to LM to overhype someone or a club, like he's never done that before. Being a good coach doesn't often translate to being a good manager or DOC. And yes, when your employer is an idiot you can only do so much.

Comment

please. I hope parents are not writing that. It must be from a competing organization.

Comment

Long Island SC GDa

It all depends what you are looking for. Fury has a great team because of players developed somewhere else. There is no player development there. If you want your daughter to learn, and get better, than going with LISC and MF will be the best for you. It will take a little time for the team to be at the top, but it will be better immediately.

Don't think there will only be players from Surf trying to come over. There are players from EMSC, the existing Fury, and the Alby and EMSC ECNL teams coming. A combination of just being tired of PR, and wanting to train with MF.

Comment

It all depends what you are looking for. Fury has a great team because of players developed somewhere else. There is no player development there. If you want your daughter to learn, and get better, than going with LISC and MF will be the best for you. It will take a little time for the team to be at the top, but it will be better immediately.

Don't think there will only be players from Surf trying to come over. There are players from EMSC, the existing Fury, and the Alby and EMSC ECNL teams coming. A combination of just being tired of PR, and wanting to train with MF.
                                I can’t see either team being the least bit competitive. Maybe they can draw with Empire...maybe.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X