Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's great stuff for the average athlete who is mediocre in many sports. Elite athletes train and commit differently. Look at Messi. He was recruited at age 8 for Newell and by 13 was living in the FC Barcelona academy. He is arguably the greatest player of all time. He didn't get that way by playing a different sport every season and having his parents coddle him after every game. We dont have real academy's like FCB in the US other than maybe IMG in Florida. Our training culture is different and right or wrong parents who have children that crave more and better elite training have to look outside their local clubs to get it.
    Messi isn't a great soccer player because of all the private training he received. Messi is a great soccer player because he is an athlete and he put in the work. If you think private training is going to turn your kid into Messi you are delusional.

Comment

That's great stuff for the average athlete who is mediocre in many sports. Elite athletes train and commit differently. Look at Messi. He was recruited at age 8 for Newell and by 13 was living in the FC Barcelona academy. He is arguably the greatest player of all time. He didn't get that way by playing a different sport every season and having his parents coddle him after every game. We dont have real academy's like FCB in the US other than maybe IMG in Florida. Our training culture is different and right or wrong parents who have children that crave more and better elite training have to look outside their local clubs to get it.
      The USA is a hot bed for coaches / clubs like ADF because no other country would fall for their BS. They can sell their BS to someone who has no clue. Majority of the Brits, Latino and others that come over would never get a job in their own country coaching soccer. We are way behind because of this reason.
      Name me one club in Oregon that is all about development?

Comment

Messi isn't a great soccer player because of all the private training he received. Messi is a great soccer player because he is an athlete and he put in the work. If you think private training is going to turn your kid into Messi you are delusional.
        Are you asserting that Messi had no individual training at FC Barcelona Academy? The original poster also didn't limit to "private" it also included "semi-private" and "camps". No one thinks their kid will be Messi. I guarantee you any elite player here is putting in more time perfecting their craft with some other level of. Oaching. If you want to train twice a week and play multi-sport and preach Changing The Gamr go to Foothills, WUSC, BSC, SESC...

Comment

Are you asserting that Messi had no individual training at FC Barcelona Academy? The original poster also didn't limit to "private" it also included "semi-private" and "camps". No one thinks their kid will be Messi. I guarantee you any elite player here is putting in more time perfecting their craft with some other level of. Oaching. If you want to train twice a week and play multi-sport and preach Changing The Gamr go to Foothills, WUSC, BSC, SESC...
          Could someone please tell me what an "elite" player is in the Portland metro area? Are we really talking about 10 and 11 year olds as "elite" players?

Comment

Don't see where conversation was limited to 10 and 11 year olds. I have 14 and 16 now and yes.. there are elite. Yes some elite players are identified at 10 but I wouldn't personally tout as elite until they are playing at high level of regional or national play.

Comment

The USA is a hot bed for coaches / clubs like ADF because no other country would fall for their BS. They can sell their BS to someone who has no clue. Majority of the Brits, Latino and others that come over would never get a job in their own country coaching soccer. We are way behind because of this reason.
              Post of the day.

Comment

isn't the lack of player development in oregon soccer literally the #1 gripe on this board?

Comment

Of course it's not about development. It's always always about the money. Parents in the USA want wins in order to open their wallets. The rest of the world pays big money to the clubs that developed the player. That's why they put development first. No development = no money. In USA, no wins = no money. It's a completely different game because the money source is different.

Comment

ADF isn't folding anytime soon.

Comment

ADF isn't folding anytime soon.
                      Famous last words!

Fate is sealed.

Comment

My son plays for ADF, and he's played at a few different clubs over the years. The ADF training classes and team practices are very different. Team practices are structured with a lot of game play and team tactics. The ADF classes are just individual ball skill development with a little game play at the end. Both have been good for his development. I would like to see the club be successful but they will need to find turf fields for winter/spring. His coaching has been very good, but this can vary with age groups just like all of our clubs.

Comment

My son plays for ADF, and he's played at a few different clubs over the years. The ADF training classes and team practices are very different. Team practices are structured with a lot of game play and team tactics. The ADF classes are just individual ball skill development with a little game play at the end. Both have been good for his development. I would like to see the club be successful but they will need to find turf fields for winter/spring. His coaching has been very good, but this can vary with age groups just like all of our clubs.
                          Hope they can hang on. Sounds like a good set up for some and nice to have more iptionsi

Comment

Hope they can hang on. Sounds like a good set up for some and nice to have more oiptionsi
                            Desperate days for this 'circus' crawling around the streets in search of a home field.

Comment

Desperate days for this 'circus' crawling around the streets in search of a home field.
                              sorry your DS didn't make the team. keep repeating yourself though, you'll eventually get over it

Comment

sorry your DS didn't make the team. keep repeating yourself though, you'll eventually get over it
                                For some people joining the 'Circus' is a nice escape. All the best with the flaming swords, juggling bowling pins and jumping through hula-hoops. I always enjoyed the clowns as well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X