Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-13/14

Anyone know how Beachside U-13 and U-14 did this past weekend?

Scores not posted yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Anyone know how Beachside U-13 and U-14 did this past weekend?

Scores not posted yet.
      we won

Comment

Is MK also losing Westport?

There has been plenty of discussion of how BS has gone downhill because MK has become too complacent. Is the same thing happening with MK and Westport travel?

He lost a few of his best coaches this year. I heard they are losing entire teams. 7 or 8 families from the 05 Blue team all left together this past year. My son's coach said that our club had a number of calls from Westport parents who want to switch MID YEAR. My son said
        his team had a few Westport kids join practice the last few weeks. Our club just added a couple of Westport kids to the 07 team and possibly the 06 as well but apparently all ages are calling.

Running Westport soccer has been his cash cow and allows him to keep BS alive. You would think he would do whatever it takes to protect that. Say what you will about BS, but Westport's top teams have always been strong. I don't think a town like Westport will stand for having their top kids all play outside the town and only be left with the C and D players.

Comment

Bs 06

we won
          Actually the Beachside 06DA team lost 1-2 vs NEFC. They are win less in league play.

Its on the USSDA website. Not sure how the 05's did, thats not posted yet.

Comment

Actually the Beachside 06DA team lost 1-2 vs NEFC. They are win less in league play.

Its on the USSDA website. Not sure how the 05's did, thats not posted yet.

what do you expect, the team got dismantled at the end of last year. You can't just find good DA players at Walmart.

Comment

what do you expect, the team got dismantled at the end of last year. You can't just find good DA players at Walmart.
              But why did they get dismantled?

Comment

06 da bs

But why did they get dismantled?
                They got dismantled because the club runs a bully style approach program. Because the families that left had enough of being treated poorly, and by shady club tactics post complex failure.

Clubs are run by people
                People matter, all people.

The people running the club stopped caring (or never did) about the people in their club. That is not a recipe for success, and yet success is a choice. So the choice the club made/makes is to disregard the families are people that matter.

Question MK, and you're benched. But you can only question in 1 twenty minute session per year. One.... one time. What that says is that the club doesn't want to hear from you. But please attend the GALA and donate.

The team was dismantled because of all of that, and also because the culture is NOT fun.

There are other options, and those who left opted for those other options because BS CHOSE to treat them a certain way.

Success is a Choice, so to is how you treat people; all people. If you treat people badly, they will go away from you.

Comment

There has been plenty of discussion of how BS has gone downhill because MK has become too complacent. Is the same thing happening with MK and Westport travel?

He lost a few of his best coaches this year. I heard they are losing entire teams. 7 or 8 families from the 05 Blue team all left together this past year. My son's coach said that our club had a number of calls from Westport parents who want to switch MID YEAR. My son said
                  his team had a few Westport kids join practice the last few weeks. Our club just added a couple of Westport kids to the 07 team and possibly the 06 as well but apparently all ages are calling.

Running Westport soccer has been his cash cow and allows him to keep BS alive. You would think he would do whatever it takes to protect that. Say what you will about BS, but Westport's top teams have always been strong. I don't think a town like Westport will stand for having their top kids all play outside the town and only be left with the C and D players.
                  Where did the 7 or 8 05 Blue team players go?

Comment

I heard Westport Soccer Association pays approximately $500k to Mickey each year to run their rec and travel programs. That is a nice sum

Comment

This happens with every town team. The good players leave and everyone gets skittish and doesn’t want to be left holding the bag. “Oh my goodness. What happens if my A player has to play with B level kids. The horror!” Some teams stay together and others fall apart.

Comment

This happens with every town team. The good players leave and everyone gets skittish and doesn’t want to be left holding the bag. “Oh my goodness. What happens if my A player has to play with B level kids. The horror!” Some teams stay together and others fall apart.
                        Akin to rats fleeing a sinking ship

Comment

Mickeys been losing both players and coaches for a few years now. Look who he has coaching his premier teams. That would never have flown 10 years ago or even 5 for that matter. The north branch coaches are travel coaches brought on by Omar. Low level travel, comparable to rec. The south coaches have never coached premier before- both also coached travel.

Players leaving have left 1,2 a season historically but BS has players leaving by the dozen. This is across multiple age groups. I have never seen that happen at any club in this state. Juniors program is way down hence the blast emails. Something is seriously off over there.

Comment

The king has no clothes

Comment

Ferid Zemic on the girls side is another class act. How is he still the Director of Coaching of the girls. This guy is the lowest most unethical human being in soccer. He gives 11 year old girls nicknames, ugly, dummy, fatso, just to name a few. He brings 11 and 12 year old girls to tears through abuse and then brags about it.

Comment

Ferid Zemic on the girls side is another class act. How is he still the Director of Coaching of the girls. This guy is the lowest most unethical human being in soccer. He gives 11 year old girls nicknames, ugly, dummy, fatso, just to name a few. He brings 11 and 12 year old girls to tears through abuse and then brags about it.
                                And BS wonders why they can't attract girls to the program

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X