Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The MLS is very profitable on a cash basis. Read the financial statements and you will see. Need all the auxiliary companies that are related too.
    Cash basis?? What a load of crap. They just reported losing $100 million dollars last year.

Comment

Makes sense I suppose
      I thought OPL was US Soccer ???

Comment

I thought OPL was US Soccer ???
        US Club Soccer, as in not US Youth Soccer. Both are members of US Soccer.

Comment

US Club Soccer, as in not US Youth Soccer. Both are members of US Soccer.
          I never thought I'd say this from reading TS... I learned something new today!!!!!

Comment

I never thought I'd say this from reading TS... I learned something new today!!!!!
            The difference between the two organizations is basically this:

US Club Soccer - places the responsibility for player development in the hands of the clubs and allows them to make the decisions

US Youth Soccer - places the responsibility for player development in the hands of central administrators (in this case OYSA) and tells the clubs what they must do

Comment

Cash basis?? What a load of crap. They just reported losing $100 million dollars last year.

It's easy to see where you get your perspective, but you don't understand how it works.

The franchises have very strong cash flow and produce out of this world return on investment.

Comment

It's easy to see where you get your perspective, but you don't understand how it works.

The franchises have very strong cash flow and produce out of this world return on investment.
                The other item to consider is this is a CBA year so I benefits the MLS to paint the worst financial picture within the law as possible.

On a side note, if this directive only standardizes field size, player qty and ball size for every age this will help greatly.

Comment

US Soccer will be responsible for the consolidation and development of Oregon's most talent and promising youth from around the age of 10 to 18 for both (boys & girls).

Once this happens the local clubs can focus on training the recreational players and developing them with the dream of being a Timber or Thorn.

This wholesale talent shift from the local clubs to the Timbers/Thorns puts a quick end to the discussion of which league is better OYSA or OPL. This directive has made them both irrelevant.

Problem soved, I guess.
                  Do you mind sharing your source for this, because the article in the op does not say this.

Certainly an MLS team in a market has a profound effect on the older/elite boys; less clear on the girls' side and lower ages (until/unless they offer free academies in those ages).

Further, are the historic American soccer clubs - just on our coast Crossfire, Washington Premier, De Anza, Nomads, Surf, Arsenal - all going to go quietly in the night? Some have elected to partner (i.e. So Cal. Blues w/ Galaxy), others have demonstrated strong interest in staying independent.

US Soccer has demonstrated little ability to dictate much of anything down; dictating to established clubs that they handover development of the older youth to MLS' teams doesn't seem plausible . . . . again if MLS' teams offer free academies that is their choice and could have a larger impact on the status quo, but few have demonstrated a strong interest in subsidizing u12-u18, much less girls.
                  Last edited by Slow Xavi; 12-10-2014, 12:59 PM.

Comment

US Soccer will be responsible for the consolidation and development of Oregon's most talent and promising youth from around the age of 10 to 18 for both (boys & girls).

Once this happens the local clubs can focus on training the recreational players and developing them with the dream of being a Timber or Thorn.

This wholesale talent shift from the local clubs to the Timbers/Thorns puts a quick end to the discussion of which league is better OYSA or OPL. This directive has made them both irrelevant.

Problem soved, I guess.
                    WHat a load of BS. Why do you MLS fans continue to drink this Kool Aid? Yea, all those independent clubs are just going to bow down and funnel all their players to Timbers/Thorns. I am laughing my arse off right now.

Comment

Yeah, cooking books to the tune of 100 millions dollars..... that 's not illegal in the slightest. Another load of BS from MLS fans. OMG. Where do you all come from???

Comment

The other item to consider is this is a CBA year so I benefits the MLS to paint the worst financial picture within the law as possible.

On a side note, if this directive only standardizes field size, player qty and ball size for every age this will help greatly.
                        It's already been standardized. Yet another fantasy load of Sh*t.

Comment

Yeah, the players and player Unions are just that stupid. OMG I'm laughing alot this morning. You mean to tell me that player qty and ball size has not been standardized for every age group?? Wow TA is really behind the curve. How could you possibly fall for this load of crap. Get your dd's out now, it's already too late.

Comment

Yeah, cooking books to the tune of 100 millions dollars..... that 's not illegal in the slightest. Another load of BS from MLS fans. OMG. Where do you all come from???
                            You are very belligerent for someone who doesn't have a clue what you are talking about. Something tells me that you don't do a lot of sophisticated financial planning.

High wealth individuals and their tax attorneys are very smart and very within the gray area of the law.

I am sure you learned that at law school.

Comment

You are very belligerent for someone who doesn't have a clue what you are talking about. Something tells me that you don't do a lot of sophisticated financial planning.

High wealth individuals and their tax attorneys are very smart and very within the gray area of the law.

First off, it doesn't take "High wealth" to be smart. Second, when your talking about an organization as public and as large as MLS, you don't get away with cooking books to the tune of 100 million dollars. Players and Players Unions were not born yesterday. MLS is on shaky ground. You don't want to admit it then fine. Live in your non-reality. See you back in OPL withing three years.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                                you are very belligerent for someone who doesn't have a clue what you are talking about. Something tells me that you don't do a lot of sophisticated financial planning.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ tin hat alert ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X