Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And people claim that ECNL travel is too expensive. Just wait until a girl's Academy team has to travel all over the country to play the other 3 Academy teams that might or might not exist. The cost will be so high that everybody will flock to ECNL instead.
    Nobody is flocking to THUSC/LO/WUSC/SSC CROSSFIRE & FC PORTLAND Girls clubs.
    None of these local clubs have have grown or seen any spike in interest since they elected to play in the league called ECNL.

The reality is if the best players and coaches from the local area get consolidated onto a Thorns Academy team that plays in the ECNL or a US Soccer Development league people/girls will flock to the tryouts, no matter if it's free or costs an arm and a league.

People are willing to pay to play on the best coached teams with the best players.

Something the current clubs who signed up for the ECNL can't boast.

That's why it's so confounding that parents would spend upwards of $10,000 a year to send the ordinary Oregon girls club team across the Northwest to play other average Girls teams.

Comment

Show us PROOF that it's optional.
      FIFA and presumably USSF would like MLS to play an international calendar; MLS refuses. I don't think MLS takes orders from anyone when it comes to their programming.

Comment

Exciting things to come for Oregon!

U12 to U18 Teams that are formed with the best of the best.

Nice!

Comment

U12 to U18 Teams that are formed with the best of the best.

Nice!
          Keep dreaming.

Comment

US Soccer

" I Believe, that we (timbers) will Win! "

Everyone else is dreaming this isn't true.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Xavi View Post
              FIFA and presumably USSF would like MLS to play an international calendar; MLS refuses. I don't think MLS takes orders from anyone when it comes to their programming.
              MLS would struggle if they followed international.....
              They would be competing with other US sports....in other countries soccer is the top sport so it doesn't matter

Comment

That's all you've got? There is no proof to back your statement. If you want to prove your case, go ahead and prove it. I don't need to prove mine.
                That's all you've got? There is no proof to back your statement. If you want to prove your case, go ahead and prove it. I don't need to prove mine.

This isn't grade school. You prove yours I don't have to prove mine is just sad. Everything said on here is people sharing Opinions/beliefs/expectations/hopes. We are not in court. There is no burden of proof. Either side can make your demand and you know where it gets us?...nowhere.

Comment

This isn't grade school. You prove yours I don't have to prove mine is just sad. Everything said on here is people sharing Opinions/beliefs/expectations/hopes. We are not in court. There is no burden of proof. Either side can make your demand and you know where it gets us?...nowhere.
                  Nowhere. Exactly where you and the Timbers are.

Comment

Nowhere. Exactly where you and the Timbers are.
                    Nowhere. Exactly where Oregon Soccer is…

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X