Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look, we know the 1st 2-3 yrs of ENCL will be tough..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look, we know the 1st 2-3 yrs of ENCL will be tough..

But were in for the long haul. By year 3 or 4 we should be pulling some good regionsls wins

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. So cut us some slack.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    But were in for the long haul. By year 3 or 4 we should be pulling some good regionsls wins

What makes adding ecnl to a club name make the teams better? Still the same talent pool as it was before ecnl. And sure it's a marathon but when you start that marathon at the freshman/u14 year clocks ticking if your ecnl goal is college scholarships.

Comment

What makes adding ecnl to a club name make the teams better? Still the same talent pool as it was before ecnl. And sure it's a marathon but when you start that marathon at the freshman/u14 year clocks ticking if your ecnl goal is college scholarships.
      It's just a different league. Nothing more. Better competition makes top players better. If you think that OYSA or OPL has better competition than ECNL, stay put and see what happens...

Comment

So basically if I have a daughter who is a sophomore I should just put those ECNL fees into her 529 plan? If it is going to be 3-4 years she will be graduated and in college before OR ECNL gets there.

So $8,000 x 3 would be flushed? That $24,000 could be a term, or a year if college.

I'm not sure I want my girl to be the guinea pig...

Comment

So basically if I have a daughter who is a sophomore I should just put those ECNL fees into her 529 plan? If it is going to be 3-4 years she will be graduated and in college before OR ECNL gets there.

So $8,000 x 3 would be flushed? That $24,000 could be a term, or a year if college.

I'm not sure I want my girl to be the guinea pig...
          If you're concerned about being able to pay for college then maybe ECNL is not for you.

Comment

If you're concerned about being able to pay for college then maybe ECNL is not for you.
            Well I guess I don't go around throwing thousands of dollars around…$24,000 over three years for something that for the first 3-4 years is "going to be tough", could be better put somewhere else.

If you are not "worried about paying for college" then you are living in dreamland. My Son is a sophomore at a school where tuition room and board is $48,000, Friends of his are at Stanford where the same package is around $70,000.

But if you aren't worried about it...

Comment

Well I guess I don't go around throwing thousands of dollars around…$24,000 over three years for something that for the first 3-4 years is "going to be tough", could be better put somewhere else.

If you are not "worried about paying for college" then you are living in dreamland. My Son is a sophomore at a school where tuition room and board is $48,000, Friends of his are at Stanford where the same package is around $70,000.

But if you aren't worried about it...
              I'm not worried about it. It's called "planning ahead".

Comment

This entire thread was made to justify how bad it will be to the non ecnl players in this area so that maybe they can still recruit some so they don't end up being a joke like some ecnl parents are starting to have second thoughts.

Oh and competition and exposure means jack when you will be some of the teams who can't score two goals all YEAR. There is no development in chasing all game. Exposure means jack when the same coaches go to every tournament to find the best players. You will not find schools who just go to ecnl or non ecnl tournaments. You have been lied to if you were told this. You can't name one school who goes to just one kind of tournament.

Development? No count on it when 1/4 will not even go because of large rosters to keep costs down. The other 18 must split time in a game where you might tought the ball 6-7 times as a team if your team is bad which all but maybe 1 will be.

Look we know you keep trashing everyone else because they don't drink the cool aid but then you put out a thread like this trying to justify needing to recruit. We get it.

But why would you spend 40k to get something you can get for far less. Oh and the Stanford guy is a liar and no way his kid is going there. Consider the idea that if you are going to Stanford, you are probably top 1% in the country playing for your national team and you will get there with or without spending your college tuition.

Don't fall for the people who are just starting this because they were duped and now need your kid for a carpool and a check.

Comment

I'm not worried about it. It's called "planning ahead".
                  Besides, PCC isn't all that expensive and your dd can live at home while she attends. Everyone should plan ahead like you.

Comment

Besides, PCC isn't all that expensive and your dd can live at home while she attends. Everyone should plan ahead like you.
                    Or maybe I've worked smart over the years and saved enough to fund college for all of my kids. You should try supporting yourself for a change instead of living of the government...

Comment

Or maybe I've worked smart over the years and saved enough to fund college for all of my kids. You should try supporting yourself for a change instead of living of the government...
                      I love watching you liberal pdx loser squabble over this...

You do realize that liberal ideals are the reasons for all of our problems?

Comment

This entire thread was made to justify how bad it will be to the non ecnl players in this area so that maybe they can still recruit some so they don't end up being a joke like some ecnl parents are starting to have second thoughts.

Oh and competition and exposure means jack when you will be some of the teams who can't score two goals all YEAR. There is no development in chasing all game. Exposure means jack when the same coaches go to every tournament to find the best players. You will not find schools who just go to ecnl or non ecnl tournaments. You have been lied to if you were told this. You can't name one school who goes to just one kind of tournament.

Development? No count on it when 1/4 will not even go because of large rosters to keep costs down. The other 18 must split time in a game where you might tought the ball 6-7 times as a team if your team is bad which all but maybe 1 will be.

Look we know you keep trashing everyone else because they don't drink the cool aid but then you put out a thread like this trying to justify needing to recruit. We get it.

But why would you spend 40k to get something you can get for far less. Oh and the Stanford guy is a liar and no way his kid is going there. Consider the idea that if you are going to Stanford, you are probably top 1% in the country playing for your national team and you will get there with or without spending your college tuition.

Don't fall for the people who are just starting this because they were duped and now need your kid for a carpool and a check.
                        As the poster referenced, read again, I said a friend of my son's is at Stanford. My point was that even those who are "secure" worry about money. That is how they become secure…Planning is "worrying about it". The other point is with the pro-ECNL folks trying to excuse that it may take a few years to be competitive, i have no interest in having my player be there for those first 3 years, their 10,11,12 grade years, at full fare. There are plenty of other ways to spend $24,000.

Comment

If you can read, you might pick up "the Millionaire next door". Not everyone who has money recklessly throws it around.

If I can save $24,000 or spend it being someones test case, I will save it…Warren Buffett worries about his money, many other folks at the top of the game "worry" about their money.

The hotshot driving the fancy car, living in the fancy house, is usually leveraged to the point where they owe more than they own.

conspicuous consumption usually is a sign of the latter. You bring to mind the latter a lot more than the former...

Comment

As the poster referenced, read again, I said a friend of my son's is at Stanford. My point was that even those who are "secure" worry about money. That is how they become secure…Planning is "worrying about it". The other point is with the pro-ECNL folks trying to excuse that it may take a few years to be competitive, i have no interest in having my player be there for those first 3 years, their 10,11,12 grade years, at full fare. There are plenty of other ways to spend $24,000.
                            Yep. You can spend $18-20K playing for Eastside Timbers and travelling around getting thumped in FWRL and other tourneys...

Comment

That's not the point. But you never seem to understand this.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X