Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Second, why do you need your trainer to also be your coach? Don't you think its smarter to have two people who are good in what they do rather than settle for bad coaching?
    But in this situation, Victor who is being acknowledged as better in training than as a coach, is coaching.

So is it better to have a good trainer/Bad Coach as your coach?

Comment

But in this situation, Victor who is being acknowledged as better in training than as a coach, is coaching.

what's the difference, very few good coaches on either side of the river. I have seen both sides, as kids have played for several clubs, ODP, etc. obviously there are good coaches, just few and far between. if you have a good one, consider yourself very lucky. also, if you think you have a good coach, you may not actually have one, you may be duped.

Comment

I'm advocating having two different people, a coach and a trainer. They have to work together and that might not work because of egos but at the elite level this is something to consider. Get Studley or King David as the coach and have them work with VG as trainer.

Uncle Vic will ultimately tear the team apart. Guaranteed.

Comment

I would love having both technical training and tactical coaching. I would prefer 2 days a week technical training and 1 tactical coaching session a week. I think this would be most appropriate up to say U15, at which time, if the technical training has been good, it should be almost all tactical trainings.
          Exactly. Although all kids need specific ongoing technical training. Very few are finished products in high school.

Comment

At WT_FC, take your wins when you can get them. There is no player development going on at that club...
            Sure...that's why over 40 of their top players went to ecnl, thorns and boys academy this year.

Just because you are the one that wants it more than your child doesn't mean you come on here complaining....

More than likely one of the girls or boys will be taking one of you Oregon cronies spots next year....it happens every year....Oregon doesn't develop they just recruit well...cuz who the heck wants to travel to vantucky to play

Comment

Exactly. Although all kids need specific ongoing technical training. Very few are finished products in high school.
              Funny when you talk about finished product....
              Do these people know that a player peaks at around age 26?

These boys aren't even halfway there yet at 13 years old.

Comment

Yeah so whats your point?
                I do not understand why they say Not Finishing. It means defense was not to blame? I am curious of the term not of the play of this team.

Comment

I do not understand why they say Not Finishing. It means defense was not to blame? I am curious of the term not of the play of this team.
                  If an offensive players job is to put the ball in the net. Assuming the player receives the ball, if somehow the ball doesn't go in the net, the player has not finished their job, they are a poor finisher.

If a team brings the ball through defense and midfield, crosses in to an attacking position but no score you also might say the team has a hard time finishing.

Hopefully that helps.

Comment

If an offensive players job is to put the ball in the net. Assuming the player receives the ball, if somehow the ball doesn't go in the net, the player has not finished their job, they are a poor finisher.

If a team brings the ball through defense and midfield, crosses in to an attacking position but no score you also might say the team has a hard time finishing.

Hopefully that helps.
                    Yes thank you. Do you say this too if the other team has a very good defensive so that forwards do not have a chance to shoot? I mean, praise the defense.

Or only use it to say that forwards or wings had a chance and missed or was stopped by goalie? I mean, it is problem of the offense.

Comment

Yes thank you. Do you say this too if the other team has a very good defensive so that forwards do not have a chance to shoot? I mean, praise the defense.

Or only use it to say that forwards or wings had a chance and missed or was stopped by goalie? I mean, it is problem of the offense.
                      It simply means that they did not score. No extra meaning.

Comment

You might say something like "We just couldn't finish because there defense was great. Most of the time when I talk about out team I like to stay focused on our team. It is a problem of us finishing, not them being good at defense.

Comment

Finished 6th in points in Lastplanet ranking of Wash, Oregon, and Idaho teams. Decent but not a powerhouse

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X