Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Garcette a Washington Timbers coach?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victor Garcette a Washington Timbers coach?

I heard this morning that Victor has replaced coach Garen for a boys team at WT. I hope this is only a rumor. My son just finished Garen's boys state cup run (18s) so we know him well. We also know Victor and don't think the two compare.

Garen is very tough. You won't get any BS from him. Good guy. Still hoping this is a rumor.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I heard this morning that Victor has replaced coach Garen for a boys team at WT. I hope this is only a rumor. My son just finished Garen's boys state cup run (18s) so we know him well. We also know Victor and don't think the two compare.

Garen is very tough. You won't get any BS from him. Good guy. Still hoping this is a rumor.
    Victor is a like a bad penny!
    He coaches the Spartans Semi-pro team, I know that. So not sure he would have time for a club team--but maybe. At least on the boys side--keep him away from the girls. And watch your wallet.

Comment

Looking at their coaches line up it didn't show Garen as having a boys team, so not sure what team he would be replaced for on the boys side.

Comment

Washington Timbers is getting desperate to take on a horrible coach like him. At least there shouldn't be any young girls on the team.

Comment

Washington Timbers is getting desperate to take on a horrible coach like him. At least there shouldn't be any young girls on the team.
          Until I actually hear it is confirmed that he is coaching there, or see his name actually listed under their staff, I'm not going to jump to conclusions and believe they brought him in.

Comment

Should ***C hire "Victor Usher/Garcette" they would be willingly violating (WYS) rules by not performing a perfunctory background check. Competent executive directors actually have a thorough vetting process.

Comment

I know all the talks and rumors but I have heard from plenty of people that they think he is a talented coach.

Comment

Should ***C hire "Victor Usher/Garcette" they would be willingly violating (WYS) rules by not performing a perfunctory background check. Competent executive directors actually have a thorough vetting process.
                Seems to me the Oregon clubs have a bit more of a problem with vetting their coaches.

What's the count of bad guys over there?

Comment

Seems Garen has jumped ship to FCSC to coach G00's with Tina. And he's not the only one.

Comment

Seems to me the Oregon clubs have a bit more of a problem with vetting their coaches.

What's the count of bad guys over there?
                    Too many sadly. I hope that all clubs in OR and WA do their due diligence with every coach with as much detail as possible these days. Even then you just cannot stop 'sick' people slipping the net.

Comment

I know all the talks and rumors but I have heard from plenty of people that they think he is a talented coach.
                      Good trainer, but not a good coach. His record is not anything special.

Why did Timbers take him on?

Comment

Because you don't like him.

Comment

They made a last minute change. Victor was available.

Comment

They made a last minute change. Victor was available.
                            Confirmed. Victor is taking over B99 Reds. Garen is going to Nemesis to coach G00 "A" team for Tina.

Comment

Confirmed. Victor is taking over B99 Reds. Garen is going to Nemesis to coach G00 "A" team for Tina.
                              Wait . . .what? I thought Victor liked little girls? So confused

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X