Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Garcette a Washington Timbers coach?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trainer vs Coach

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Outmatched and out COACHED. Poor positioning of players. Lots of crazy. Made for great games to watch.

Ol Vic brought in so many new players from other teams that kids are wearing "Hello...my name is..." name tags now.

For the team Christmas party, I wonder who will play Santa?
    As I've seen Victor coach and train, and my son was trained by him for a short time. During that time I also watched him coach during games with kids I was familiar with. I wasn't happy with his militaristic style of training though. and I didn't think any U11 player signed up for that type of treatment.

His coaching is an entirely different animal though. Although he *knows* the game, he doesn't know how to communicate that to his players while there are out there. He's had some great teams, so there is no excuse that they don't preform well with his training and coaching of top flight players.

Outmatched is probably the best single word for this, as for G.B. I'm not at all familiar with him.

Comment

As I've seen Victor coach and train, and my son was trained by him for a short time. During that time I also watched him coach during games with kids I was familiar with. I wasn't happy with his militaristic style of training though. and I didn't think any U11 player signed up for that type of treatment.

His coaching is an entirely different animal though. Although he *knows* the game, he doesn't know how to communicate that to his players while there are out there. He's had some great teams, so there is no excuse that they don't preform well with his training and coaching of top flight players.

Outmatched is probably the best single word for this, as for G.B. I'm not at all familiar with him.
      "He's had some great teams"? Please tell us all about his great teams.

He has been a coach for over 20 years in the Pac NW and has produced almost nothing, in terms of winning teams. The guy is a big faker.

Comment

"He's had some great teams"? Please tell us all about his great teams.

He has been a coach for over 20 years in the Pac NW and has produced almost nothing, in terms of winning teams. The guy is a big faker.
        He had a top notch '99 girls team at Salmon Creek in U11/12. Then he got pushed out of there and has been wandering in the wilderness until this year when the Timbers thought it was a good idea to hire him...

Comment

He had a top notch '99 girls team at Salmon Creek in U11/12. Then he got pushed out of there and has been wandering in the wilderness until this year when the Timbers thought it was a good idea to hire him...
          10 year olds? Did they win Nationals or something?

If that's the height of Victor's accomplishments, then he is the best huckster out there.

Comment

Nice job, FC Portland, over Waaaa Timbers. Must have been even sweeter for the 3 players that left Ol Vic's team to join FCP.

Comment

Wt fc

Nice job, FC Portland, over Waaaa Timbers. Must have been even sweeter for the 3 players that left Ol Vic's team to join FCP.
              You do know it was a draw 2-2.

From what I heard as I wasn't there was that FC PDX had two shots two goals (one a deflected).

Typical end of group game with nothing to play for.

Comment

You do know it was a draw 2-2.

From what I heard as I wasn't there was that FC PDX had two shots two goals (one a deflected).

Typical end of group game with nothing to play for.
                Regardless, the self proclaimed best team in the region shouldn't lose to a team from a "girls club" :)

Comment

I have to laugh when I read something like this. People making excuses for why they didn't win (oh, they scored a CHEAP goal!, while yours of course were all Amazing!).

Also the bit about "I wasn't there". Sure, whatever you say, Powerhouse parent.

Next year the price of the KoolAid goes way up at the Spartan Academy.

Comment

I have to laugh when I read something like this. People making excuses for why they didn't win (oh, they scored a CHEAP goal!, while yours of course were all Amazing!).

Also the bit about "I wasn't there". Sure, whatever you say, Powerhouse parent.

Next year the price of the KoolAid goes way up at the Spartan Academy.
                    I called and asked about this...they will not be able to play in a league...and they don't have insurance coverage for their players - the Spartan Academy claim is bogus. It may happen but under the table just like Uncle Vic likes it.

Comment

I called and asked about this...they will not be able to play in a league...and they don't have insurance coverage for their players - the Spartan Academy claim is bogus. It may happen but under the table just like Uncle Vic likes it.
                      All they have to do is join US Club Soccer to get insurance coverage. It's very easy.

Comment

All they have to do is join US Club Soccer to get insurance coverage. It's very easy.
                        They don't have the minimum requirements to join

Comment

Do you not have your own insurance?

The insurance coverage thru USYSA or US Club Soccer for sanctioned events only applies if you do not have any insurance coverage.

The first question they will ask you when you file a claim is if you have any other coverage.

Comment

Do you not have your own insurance?

The insurance coverage thru USYSA or US Club Soccer for sanctioned events only applies if you do not have any insurance coverage.

The first question they will ask you when you file a claim is if you have any other coverage.
                            You can't run a business withouth insurance.
                            In this case, you can't run a soccer program without being under the USYS or us club umbrella

Your person coverage means nothing

Comment

I highly doubt any of the Mexican leagues have insurance.

Spartans are setting up to be a tournaments team. Victor is promoting it as the best way to get seen by recruiters. He gets a lot of travel out of it as a bonus. Parents get their butts reamed and hemorrhoids go away. Everyone happy.

Comment

I highly doubt any of the Mexican leagues have insurance.

Spartans are setting up to be a tournaments team. Victor is promoting it as the best way to get seen by recruiters. He gets a lot of travel out of it as a bonus. Parents get their butts reamed and hemorrhoids go away. Everyone happy.
                                Tournament teams still need insurance. You can't get into any properly sanctioned tournament without it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X