• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ride Home

http://changingthegameproject.com/th...fter-the-game/

another good one

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/more...-sports-parent

Comment

Silly Rabbit tricks are for parents. If my kid loses no need for a ride home as they be walkin'.

Comment

Guilty as charged. Most valuable post I've read on this site.
        Thank you.

Comment

The Changing the Game Project articles and information are very relevant and something most of us on Talking Soccer should read. Youth sports have become an obsession for the PARENTS...

Brevity is a good thing

Comment

Hey you, yeah you! Read this!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Hey you, yeah you! Read this!
              Exactly

Comment

Please stop posting all of these helpful links about not being a nut job ********* of a parent.

You are ruining the competitive advantage of the (few) mellow parents who are not idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Marbull View Post
                  I enjoy talking w my kids after their games. I have read this before and use the "I enjoyed watching you play" line or some variation often. The other thing I often ask is "what feedback did your coach have after the game?" And then I listen and learn a little about what the coach saw and focused on. It gives me a little more insight without giving my opinions. Mostly I try to just listen and support the coach.

I'm 7 years into club soccer with my third child playing U12 now (the other two are still acting club in HS); it has helped give me perspective (the years under my belt); I'm definitely a lot calmer/more relaxed now-a-days!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X