• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portland Timbers Academy U16

How is this team doing?

Good. How are you?

Comment

Building ALL KINDS of homegrown talent!! (snicker).

Comment

Losing every.single.game.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Losing every.single.game.
          How's meaningless possession looking though?

Comment

There's at least 5 or 6 top players that bowed out. There was so much talent at this age a couple years ago they could beat everyone... And did. Some mistakes were made driving people away. Egos, politics can be very disruptive. Bummer. Wish we could get that group back.

Comment

How about U14 timbers academy? I'm wondering how the younger boys are liking the intensity?

Comment

How about U14 timbers academy? I'm wondering how the younger boys are liking the intensity?
                What intensity? Worse than being at a local rec club.

Comment

Mindless possession at U14 also?

Comment

They're too young to have figured it out and their parents are mostly first-timers so they're bought into the Timbers sales pitch.
                    Give them time, they'll see Timbers Academy for what it is.

Comment

They're too young to have figured it out and their parents are mostly first-timers so they're bought into the Timbers sales pitch.
                      Give them time, they'll see Timbers Academy for what it is.
                      A really intense, RTC that loses everything.

Comment

A really intense, RTC that loses everything.
                        #pathtonowhere

Comment

There's at least 5 or 6 top players that bowed out. There was so much talent at this age a couple years ago they could beat everyone... And did. Some mistakes were made driving people away. Egos, politics can be very disruptive. Bummer. Wish we could get that group back.
                          That 99 group almost never lost, even to teams they are losing to now. And the 00's were similarly strong. I also know of top talent that dropped out of the program. Not sure if that was due to frustration with the program, or simply not wanting that type of commitment during HS years. I can't blame them for that, but it would be nice to be putting the top players together. I've heard from a couple people that it's not much fun.

Comment

Whats happening with the u14 academy

Has anyone heard anything about the U14 academy? How are they doing? I know they are playing up so results will not be great but whatelse are they doing besides Far West Regional league

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about the U14 academy? How are they doing? I know they are playing up so results will not be great but whatelse are they doing besides Far West Regional league
                              not so good. it's a real bummer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X