Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    3A is off my radar. They may do very well at 3A. I've never looked.
    3A doesn't matter, but my dd goes to Valley Catholic and I know they won the 4A state championship last year. If OES beat them 5-0 this year, that's slightly impressive. Only slightly.

Comment

Jesuit is better private school overall, though, when you combine academics AND sports. Catlin and OES play at very low 3A level. We are not interested in low level athletics. We prefer the total package than just Academics.

Comment

Jesuit is better private school overall, though, when you combine academics AND sports. Catlin and OES play at very low 3A level. We are not interested in low level athletics. We prefer the total package than just Academics.
        Then you would be better off going to a public school. Your kid will end up at PSU or Oregon State anyway.

Comment

Not sure if the academics are that much higher then at a public school. If OES is sending only one girls soccer player a year to play D1 college, Jesuit must be sending 6 or 7 since it's such high level athletics. Any numbers on last years graduating class?

Comment

Then you would be better off going to a public school. Your kid will end up at PSU or Oregon State anyway.
            The majority of OES and Catlin kids will go to PSU, Oregon, and OSU too. What's your point?

Comment

Not sure if the academics are that much higher then at a public school. If OES is sending only one girls soccer player a year to play D1 college, Jesuit must be sending 6 or 7 since it's such high level athletics. Any numbers on last years graduating class?
              OES has very few D1 players. Might see 1 on a great year. But usually 0. Come on, it's OES.

Comment

2014 / 5 signed NLI

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.c...e-chat/#soccer

Comment

The majority of OES and Catlin kids will go to PSU, Oregon, and OSU too. What's your point?
                  Actually, last year, one went to Oregon (Clark Honors college), one went to State, none went to PSU. I'm to lazy to look up catlin's info as well.

It's just reflective of the lack of academic level of Jesuit and the over emphasis on sports. You would think the girls soccer team would win the state championship every year, considering it has such a 'high level' of athletics. If the level of academics isn't better then public school and they don't win, why pay 16k for your dd to end up at State? That's my point.

Comment

OES has very few D1 players. Might see 1 on a great year. But usually 0. Come on, it's OES.
                    They had one this and last that I know of. They still suck though.

Comment

They had one this and last that I know of. They still suck though.
                      And the 20 years before that zero.

Comment

Parents are not sending their kids to schools like Jesuit, Catlin, OES for the sports and academic combo package. Public school parents bang on this forum and use words like entitled. The one thing that is a gaurauntee is these schools teach respect and accountability and they do not care how fast your 40 time. Walk in the hallway of a school like Sunset when the bell rings and you will see a total disregard for their school (trash on the floor, kids disrespecting authority, etc). It's embarrassing, but teachers can't do anything

Comment

Actually, last year, one went to Oregon (Clark Honors college), one went to State, none went to PSU. I'm to lazy to look up catlin's info as well.

It's just reflective of the lack of academic level of Jesuit and the over emphasis on sports. You would think the girls soccer team would win the state championship every year, considering it has such a 'high level' of athletics. If the level of academics isn't better then public school and they don't win, why pay 16k for your dd to end up at State? That's my point.
                          OES kids are smart but not so good at sports and usually have trouble in social situations. I'm not as smart as as an OES student but I have a number of OES graduates who report to me.

Comment

I can't afford any one of those schools, so I would have no idea.

Comment

OES kids are smart but not so good at sports and usually have trouble in social situations. I'm not as smart as as an OES student but I have a number of OES graduates who report to me.
                              I've got a 10th grade education and have a number of Ivy Leaguers reporting to me. Who's the stupid one here???

Comment

I've got a 10th grade education and have a number of Ivy Leaguers reporting to me. Who's the stupid one here???
                                Better to be lucky then good. Under their breath they probably talk about you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X