Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have webcams set up and watch all the games live on my wall projector TV. That way I can live blog here and keep up with all the action on split screens.
    That would be great! Can we call you for video reviews of referee calls?

Comment

That would be great! Can we call you for video reviews of referee calls?
      I would seriously pay more for soccer to get better reffing - especially on the girls side! Pay the refs way more but then have them have to give back penalty money for atrociously missed/bad calls based on video review. That would make the refs pay more attention and weed out the really bad refs.

Comment

Ok for real what's going on? You can't tell me no managers have put in scores? Why are none of them updated? Last season they came in as they were entered now it's like Someone at OYSA has to approve them and does it all at once.

Comment

Can someone give me live updates for your kids games here. Please? This is killing me not knowing.

Comment

Can someone give me live updates for your kids games here. Please? This is killing me not knowing.
            My DD won yesterday 2-1 and today 3-2. My DS tied yesterday 3-3 and has not played yet today. I hope this helps.

Comment

again, did OYSA change something? Why are NO scores up from yesterday?

Comment

This thread is kind of funny. It sounds like you can't be happy until you know what these young kids scores are. This kind of outlines one of the issues we have in our sports today. The fact its such a big deal that scores are posted asap, is kind of disturbing. You know what happened in your game with your son or daughter right? So what does it matter what happened in any of the other games? Does it change who you play next week? They obviously are having some input issues, but it shouldn't mean so much.

Comment

This thread is kind of funny. It sounds like you can't be happy until you know what these young kids scores are. This kind of outlines one of the issues we have in our sports today. The fact its such a big deal that scores are posted asap, is kind of disturbing. You know what happened in your game with your son or daughter right? So what does it matter what happened in any of the other games? Does it change who you play next week? They obviously are having some input issues, but it shouldn't mean so much.
                  If it didn't matter they wouldn't award points and keep standings.

Comment

It has been discussed many times at the top level to stop recording and posting scores under U15. In fact it was on the agenda very recently. I think that would be a very valuable change.

None of it matters.

Team scores are irrelevant. It is the development of the individual player that is important. Scores and standings and trophies only fuel nutty behavior by adults.

Comment

It has been discussed many times at the top level to stop recording and posting scores under U15. In fact it was on the agenda very recently. I think that would be a very valuable change.

None of it matters.

Team scores are irrelevant. It is the development of the individual player that is important. Scores and standings and trophies only fuel nutty behavior by adults.
                      that would take a lot of pressure off of coaches so they could coach development and not have to worry about losing their jobs.

Comment

If it didn't matter they wouldn't award points and keep standings.
                        What do those points get you? do you get something for winning league? Next year when the age groups switch they will redo the divisions anyways, so your standing won't really matter then either.

And even if standings mattered (lets say for admission into NWCL or something) is the fact the standings are updated quickly going to change the end standings? Whether it posts the score sunday or the next friday, the score isn't changing and the standings wont deviate from what they would be.

Comment

Agree on both counts but the parents won't let it happen. No trophies, no pay for soccer!

Comment

None of it matters.

This would be a very welcome change.

Team results are usually influenced heavily by recruiting not development, so that is not a good indicator.

Comment

None of it matters.

Games have winners and losers. Kids (and parents too!) like to compete. Almost all kids prefer games to practice because "games matter" and are "more fun". If you take away scores, you will take away the joy of the game. Ask the 3 million kids who play soccer if they'd rather play games that count or just friendlies all season. No surprise what the response would be. Same reason tic-tac-toe gets so boring so quickly - nobody wins or loses!

It might be better for individual development but NOT if the kids don't enjoy playing only friendlies. As a parent, I'd love it because we could stay home every weekend and just practice scrimmage or play friendlies nearby & eliminate all the travel

While we're at it, let's not have kids actually race each other in track until u15. And don't keep or post times either. Just have the kids individually run the distances over and over - they will develop more as individual athletes and won't be disadvantaged by all this unnecessary "competition"! These are sports games that our kids play for fun (and to win!). Just keep it all in perspective - they are games! Having all our kids not be able to experience the joys of victory othe agonies of defeat because it may stunt their possible full-development into national team players is ridiculous! More than 70% of kids quit soccer already because it isn't fun anymore....

Comment

Of the 3,000,000+ players registered with US Youth Soccer, 85% are under 14...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X