X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?????

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Of course it makes a difference if you're a sprinter, focused solely on... Sprint events. This perceived "affectation" is simply that... Perceived. In soccer, you see, getting to the ball first entails other things beyond straight line speed. Things like positioning, anticipation and vision factor in. This is Yet another line of criticism aimed at our young women. And to start a whole thread about it? Is this some kind of epidemic threatening yourh girls soccer? Some "affectation" that will have lifelong debilating repercussions?

With bigger issues to worry about,Yah, I don't give two sh**ts about it.

Soccer dad
    It appears that your ancestry tree hasn't any branches. At high levels of competition, it matters. It's not criticism, just observations to make them better players. That's why they practice all the time. This is a small, correctable and helpful thing to do. Now go off target shooting PBR cans at the local dump.

Comment

Why? What's the big deal?
      You said watching all of this goofy running was unpleasant to watch. It sounds like you may be happier going fishing.

Comment

You said watching all of this goofy running was unpleasant to watch. It sounds like you may be happier going fishing.
        Actually I said it cracks us up. I'm talking about a small group of Mom's that I sit with. It's not a big deal. I actually enjoy watching all the girls grow and figure themselves out. Lighten up.

Comment

It appears that your ancestry tree hasn't any branches. At high levels of competition, it matters. It's not criticism, just observations to make them better players. That's why they practice all the time. This is a small, correctable and helpful thing to do. Now go off target shooting PBR cans at the local dump.
          Typical. When you got nothin, resort to ad hominem attacks. Go ahead, look it up.

Comment

Actually I said it cracks us up. I'm talking about a small group of Mom's that I sit with. It's not a big deal. I actually enjoy watching all the girls grow and figure themselves out. Lighten up.
            Actually, you didn't say that. However, if girls running styles are what you notice about soccer, I still think you should probably do something else. But then you would miss passing the vodka around that little group of yours. Is anyone suspecious?

Comment

Typical. When you got nothin, resort to ad hominem attacks. Go ahead, look it up.
              lol. Seen you use that word before on these boards. It's your 'go to' word.

Comment

I have noticed over the last few years an odd thing on the pitch. In girls soccer a few girls on same club have a running oddity that appears to be one of "physical Ailment". While one arm seems to work just fine the other arm is either flopping around or has no movement at all. I gave the benefit to the doubt, BUT when track season started this FREAKISH motion magically disappeared. Well now that High School soccer has started again "Holy Cow" like a recurring injury the "Running Condition" has reared its ugly head.

Is this a style of soccer being taught for a reason ? Because I do not see any College girls exhibiting this on any PAC 12 field.

Please enlighten me on this.

HAVE A GREAT DAY !
                I really do not think this style of running is taught at all. We have seen many girls and boys run with some variation of this while playing soccer. I assume it comes from the tendency to focus on the ball and try to maintain balance. As they get older and stronger it goes away. But it is fun to notice the different distinctive arm movements in youth soccer.

Comment

I am talking about High School age players who are running like they are one of "Jerry's Kids". So clearly they are not growing out of it !

Comment

lol. Seen you use that word before on these boards. It's your 'go to' word.
                    Aren't you proud of yourself...

Comment

I am talking about High School age players who are running like they are one of "Jerry's Kids". So clearly they are not growing out of it !
                      Wow. Pretty callous reference. Just be glad those girls are healthy to be running around and able to play a sport at that level. Your reference says more about you than anything else.

Comment

Wow. Pretty callous reference. Just be glad those girls are healthy to be running around and able to play a sport at that level. Your reference says more about you than anything else.
                        I was referring to Jerry Springer !

But honestly if I was a parent of a child that ran like that I would worry about what crap my child would hear at school. And I am sure school system is no different than it was 30 years ago. Kids can be just nasty to each other. I would I guess get a private trainer, Forest Gump shoes , electric shock ? Whatever it takes.

Golf would be the best bet to hide that "Freakish Outburst"

I still maintain kids are being taught to look stupid so to appear less aggressive.

Thank God I only have to watch it for 1 more year.

Comment

I was referring to Jerry Springer !

But honestly if I was a parent of a child that ran like that I would worry about what crap my child would hear at school. And I am sure school system is no different than it was 30 years ago. Kids can be just nasty to each other. I would I guess get a private trainer, Forest Gump shoes , electric shock ? Whatever it takes.

Golf would be the best bet to hide that "Freakish Outburst"

I still maintain kids are being taught to look stupid so to appear less aggressive.

Thank God I only have to watch it for 1 more year.
                          Your reply only confirms you're a grade A douche, the best of the best.

Comment

Your reply only confirms you're a grade A douche, the best of the best.
                            Stop the hate, I was talking about running . I did not mention the kid with the Hairlip.

Comment

Stop the hate, I was talking about running . I did not mention the kid with the Hairlip.
                              Like I said, grade A douche. You probably relish that. Pathetic.

Comment

Like I said, grade A douche. You probably relish that. Pathetic.
                                Your Husband would be disgusted in you for talking about a douche in a soccer topic oriented site. Shame on you !

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X