Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's impossible while Eastside, THUSC, WUSC, and CFC still exist. Not to mention WashT.
    Have been involved with Club soccer now for almost 6 years. Older daughter has gone through and plays HS soccer now.
    Younger daughter coming up and now in her 4 th year of Club.

We have been to a lot of tournaments and seen a LOT of soccer over the past 5-6 years, at a lot of different levels, areas of the state, regions of the NW and even on the West Coast (Bay Area, Sacramento, LA, Phoenix and Vegas).....seen it all.

Three things I have noticed:

1). Parents are MUCH more vocal at the younger ages. By the time your kid is playing U-15 or U-16--not hardly any parents travel and most don't even go to their own kids' games as the kid is old enough to drive and they either drive themselves or catch a ride with a teammate.

2). Most kids at those higher levels either play with passion and still play because they love the game or they are playing in High School---they are not living out mommy or daddy's dream....they are playing because THEY WANT TO PLAY. Period.

3). This summer, I have personally witnessed three of the worst fan bases/groups that I have ever witnessed, in all my years with youth soccer.

a). Yesterday---Washington Timbers.....Parents going absolutely ballistic about a yellow card should have been called. Relax red-neck trailer park Hockinson dad....these are 12 year olds. There was no intent, no injury and nothing happened to change the course of the game...A girl ran up another girls back.....plain and simple. No intent and no injury. Their parents were loud, obnoxious and just plain ignorant. Is life really that bad in Brush Prairie? The ref had to go over to the Wash Timbers coach and tell him/her to shut their idiots up. I talked to the Head Ref after the game.....she said very rarely does she EVER need to even issue a yellow card at U-10-U-12.....she said these girls are still playing and having fun and are NOT malicious nor do they play that way. She said she had to warn the coach to SHUT up their fans because they were being embarrassing and that 2-3 dads were using foul language. I would be embarrassed if I were those idiot's kids....

b). Two weeks ago, FC Salmon Creek---never heard so many ignorant morons in my life. You would have thunk it was a World Cup final. Cheering and hooting and hollering and such. Act like you have been there before...ooops, oh wait, you HAVEN"T......my bad. Seriously, LACK OF CLASS. No need to yell every time little Suzy gets a 'touch' on the ball or little Sally whiffs and whacks it out of bounds.

c). Rogue Valley Timbers (Medford??)---wow---just wow. Talk about a bunch yelling red neck fools. Get out of that part of the state much?? Is Applebees a treat? Never seen a Red Lobster? Seriously---they almost give FS Salmon Creek a run for their money as far as exuberance and stupidity........hate to say it but it's only gonna get TOUGHER from here on out folks. Enjoy your little dd's 'touches' on the ball now. Maybe the last she sees the ball.

Comment

They are failing apart at multiple age groups.

2001: Mid-pack finish OYSA and drawing a third division B team in nwcl
      2002: Early elimination from nwcl

Parents are rightly upset.
      Parents are up in arms. Not what is expected.

Comment

Have been involved with Club soccer now for almost 6 years. Older daughter has gone through and plays HS soccer now.

We have been to a lot of tournaments and seen a LOT of soccer over the past 5-6 years, at a lot of different levels, areas of the state, regions of the NW and even on the West Coast (Bay Area, Sacramento, LA, Phoenix and Vegas).....seen it all.

1). Parents are MUCH more vocal at the younger ages. By the time your kid is playing U-15 or U-16--not hardly any parents travel and most don't even go to their own kids' games as the kid is old enough to drive and they either drive themselves or catch a ride with a teammate.

2). Most kids at those higher levels either play with passion and still play because they love the game or they are playing in High School---they are not living out mommy or daddy's dream....they are playing because THEY WANT TO PLAY. Period.

3). This summer, I have personally witnessed three of the worst fan bases/groups that I have ever witnessed, in all my years with youth soccer.

a). Yesterday---Washington Timbers.....Parents going absolutely ballistic about a yellow card should have been called. Relax red-neck trailer park Hockinson dad....these are 12 year olds. There was no intent, no injury and nothing happened to change the course of the game...A girl ran up another girls back.....plain and simple. No intent and no injury. Their parents were loud, obnoxious and just plain ignorant. Is life really that bad in Brush Prairie? The ref had to go over to the Wash Timbers coach and tell him/her to shut their idiots up. I talked to the Head Ref after the game.....she said very rarely does she EVER need to even issue a yellow card at U-10-U-12.....she said these girls are still playing and having fun and are NOT malicious nor do they play that way. She said she had to warn the coach to SHUT up their fans because they were being embarrassing and that 2-3 dads were using foul language. I would be embarrassed if I were those idiot's kids....

b). Two weeks ago, FC Salmon Creek---never heard so many ignorant morons in my life. You would have thunk it was a World Cup final. Cheering and hooting and hollering and such. Act like you have been there before...ooops, oh wait, you HAVEN"T......my bad. Seriously, LACK OF CLASS. No need to yell every time little Suzy gets a 'touch' on the ball or little Sally whiffs and whacks it out of bounds.

c). Rogue Valley Timbers (Medford??)---wow---just wow. Talk about a bunch yelling red neck fools. Get out of that part of the state much?? Is Applebees a treat? Never seen a Red Lobster? Seriously---they almost give FS Salmon Creek a run for their money as far as exuberance and stupidity........hate to say it but it's only gonna get TOUGHER from here on out folks. Enjoy your little dd's 'touches' on the ball now. Maybe the last she sees the ball.
        Over the course of the last 4 years we too have had the very same experiences with each club mentioned.
        Wash timbers was the worst, one of the last games of the season, weather was horrible, cold, pouring rain, and the field was in worse condition, no goal box lines, no center lines, mud holes every where and wash timbers fans just were unhappy about every call, ref finally stopped the game walked to the sideline and said "if you parents don't knock this off I will stop the game and that would be unfortunate for these girls who obviously want to play and are pouring their hearts into it in these awful conditions"

Comment

More trolling
          Yep. Never ending. Don't fall for it.

Comment

A#1 bad horrific parents are FC Portland from my vantage point. The absolute worst seeing parents screaming all game long at young ref. And even worse, yelling at kids to stop faking injuries to stall when they were actually hurt. Freaking nutso.

Comment

Yep. Never ending. Don't fall for it.
              When I started this thread it was not trolling at all. It was because of actually witnessing poor behavior and it is borderline sickening. Hopefully a couple parents think twice and maybe even have a talk with obnoxious parents on their own sideline. It's ok to tell your own parents to chill out.

Comment

A#1 bad horrific parents are FC Portland from my vantage point. The absolute worst seeing parents screaming all game long at young ref. And even worse, yelling at kids to stop faking injuries to stall when they were actually hurt. Freaking nutso.
                I would say that FC parents may be a bit arrogant, maybe a bit full of themselves and have an 'entitled' attitude---and maybe not rightfully so but from an overall fan base, I haven't witnessed much rudeness or stupidity from them, overall. I would say others are far worse, mostly Timbers affiliated clubs. Just because you have the axe on your chest doesn't make you the end all, be all. Again, FC parents might be arrogant but they are not nearly the jack-donkeys that I have witnessed from both Washington Timbers or Rogue Valley.....just sayin'

Comment

I think all teams have the odd ball parents. Get way to loud and way to emotionally involved. It isnt a club problem, it probably boils down to individual teams and what is acceptable within there parent group. We should all strive to be more perfect, like me. :)))

Comment

When I started this thread it was not trolling at all. It was because of actually witnessing poor behavior and it is borderline sickening. Hopefully a couple parents think twice and maybe even have a talk with obnoxious parents on their own sideline. It's ok to tell your own parents to chill out.
                    Sure, tell me what you're wearing to the next game and I'll chat you up.

Comment

Sure, tell me what you're wearing to the next game and I'll chat you up.
                      tough guy on anonymous thread. how about you just behave like an adult rather than beat your chest. good Lord. maybe you can have a chat with yourself and fix it.

Comment

Nobody tops FCSC
                        Almost forgot about them but you're right

Comment

Hope you're doing the same with your sideline. Atrocious!!!

Comment

Honestly I suspect that many of us have had less than stellar behavior at games before. The younger the player the worse it is and if it is the first or only ... watch out. I was a horrible soccer parent and only mellowed out the last 5 - 6 years. Now when i feel like it is difficult to deal with I put distance between me and others.......

Comment

Honestly I suspect that many of us have had less than stellar behavior at games before. The younger the player the worse it is and if it is the first or only ... watch out. I was a horrible soccer parent and only mellowed out the last 5 - 6 years. Now when i feel like it is difficult to deal with I put distance between me and others.......
                              I wish FC pdx parent could put some distance between them and the normal, reasonable parents. Maybe they might learn something from your post.

Comment

And a lot of these issues can be fixed if each teams parents sit on the opposite side of the field as their teams bench and don't cross the mid field line into the other parents area.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X