Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They are going to struggle to score goals. They graduated a couple good players and without their good forward I'm not sure who they have that can score.
    I thought Grant would be the team to beat, but with an injury to their "ACC" player and their Pac 12 player not playing I would take that back. Tualatin should be tough, but guess is Sherwood will be good as they have a core of Rec players that have been playing together for a long time and I think they have a couple of quality FC players. Watch out for Sherwood!

Comment

High school soccer overall is a joke.

You should see this jack***** over here in camas...teaches the game like its 1982.

The guy has the girls doing fitness/conditioning for weeks in advance of the season.

These players need to get on the ball. Most all of them just finished playing club ball and are fit.

My dad can't stand it. These coaches need to upgrade their knowledge of the game.
      Sounds like somebody is afraid they aren't gonna pass the yo-yo. Say hi to your Dad for me.

~ coach m

Comment

Reality

Here is last years final rankings: http://www.osaa.org/activities/gsc/rankings?year=2014

The final four teams in the playoffs were: Tualatin, Sunset, N Medford and West Salem.
        If you actually want to know about high school soccer, then look at the OSAA site for the last several years. Then you'll get an idea of which teams consistently perform. Last year was a bit unusual. I would look at the last 5 years and see which teams make the round of 16 and then decide. But why look at all? High school soccer almost keeps a player in condition to play club, but not really.

Comment

I don't get why there are always people bagging on HS soccer. So it isn't the best quality and the coaching might not be too good in many cases, but it's fun. For a couple months a year girls and boys get to play for fun. I love HS soccer. I love watching it. I love the rivalries, and I love the playoffs. Some teams are in the hunt to win it while qualifying is a huge accomplishment for others. Winning a game is a big deal for other teams. Senior night, team dinners, breast cancer awareness games... All of that crap. It's great, and I can't wait for it to get started.

Comment

I don't get why there are always people bagging on HS soccer. So it isn't the best quality and the coaching might not be too good in many cases, but it's fun. For a couple months a year girls and boys get to play for fun. I love HS soccer. I love watching it. I love the rivalries, and I love the playoffs. Some teams are in the hunt to win it while qualifying is a huge accomplishment for others. Winning a game is a big deal for other teams. Senior night, team dinners, breast cancer awareness games... All of that crap. It's great, and I can't wait for it to get started.
            I agree, also, it's like a two month vacation for the parent from driving all around for club. I don't have to drive my kid to practice, they practive right there at the school. I don't have to drive my kid to the game(s) they have a bus. All I have to do is show up at game time and watch.

Comment

I agree, also, it's like a two month vacation for the parent from driving all around for club. I don't have to drive my kid to practice, they practive right there at the school. I don't have to drive my kid to the game(s) they have a bus. All I have to do is show up at game time and watch.
              I agree, I think a lot of negativity comes from parents at schools where they don't have many club players. It sucks to be a good player on a bad team and there are a lot of bad high school teams.

Comment

I agree, I think a lot of negativity comes from parents at schools where they don't have many club players. It sucks to be a good player on a bad team and there are a lot of bad high school teams.
                It might have something to do with the high school teams that are largely club players hammering the schools that don't have many club players. And those lower level high school teams are more talented in slide tackles from behind. So winning 8-1 but losing a player to an ACL tear from a brutal tackle isn't very fun.

Comment

You are correct.

It might have something to do with the high school teams that are largely club players hammering the schools that don't have many club players. And those lower level high school teams are more talented in slide tackles from behind. So winning 8-1 but losing a player to an ACL tear from a brutal tackle isn't very fun.
                  My impression is that more injuries per minute come from high school play than club because of the inexpert players at some schools. Obvious tripping to avoid being beaten, gratuitous punching, slapping, fingernails, etc. It's tough for both teams, the good or the bad. Unfortunately, the good players often get injured.

Comment

My impression is that more injuries per minute come from high school play than club because of the inexpert players at some schools. Obvious tripping to avoid being beaten, gratuitous punching, slapping, fingernails, etc. It's tough for both teams, the good or the bad. Unfortunately, the good players often get injured.
                    same with club teams from THUSC, FC, ET, WT. hackers.

Comment

If you are a top club player, isn't it risky to play HS (especially Varsity your freshman year) due to the high chance of getting a bad injury and ruining your recruiting chances?

Comment

Oregon clubs not bad

same with club teams from THUSC, FC, ET, WT. hackers.
                        Oregon club teams aren't bad at all. Many Seattle clubs seem to think they need to injure players to win. Refs often let them play dirty. California, Colorado, Hawaiian club teams seem like good hard players. Don't like the club teams from Arizona or Utah.

Comment

If you are a top club player, isn't it risky to play HS (especially Varsity your freshman year) due to the high chance of getting a bad injury and ruining your recruiting chances?
                          You don't get recruited your freshman year. It's more your sophomore or junior year.

Comment

Freshman year

Freshman rarely get more than a few minutes unless the high school program is not very good. Yes, some college coaches do tell their recruits not to play high school soccer. Most do anyway. How risky is it? Risk is small, but more than club for the same number of games.

Comment

I think it's easy to say that one of the worst dinosaurs that coach at the high school level is at camas high school. I can't believe that with all of the talent that that school gets each year that they don't do better. I think it's time for s change

Comment

I think it's easy to say that one of the worst dinosaurs that coach at the high school level is at camas high school. I can't believe that with all of the talent that that school gets each year that they don't do better. I think it's time for s change
                                Where the hell is Camas? Who cares?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X