***C ~ Harmony

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its amazing how some people will hate and want to hate, and refuse to accept anything else.

For the last few years on here all I read was about all the negatives with this club and how they should make changes at the DOC level, and about all these other issues including the turf fields. All of a sudden six months ago they make a huge change at the top and replace their DOC's and GM. Yet nobody will give those new people any chance to make changes before continuing to bash them. They have already starting making changes, and it will take a few years to really see the differences. But already in that short amount of time the new GM has managed deals, and from the sounds of it are getting ready to start installing the turf. Even with him making this happen in a fairly short period of time, those haters will still keep hating.

Its getting kind of pathatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      OYSA State cups are a joke since the split.
      actually OYSA is not a joke. We did the OYSA state cup instead of our OPL Cup because the OPL Cup is terrible!

We dominate the OPL and came over to OYSA and competed but did not advance. I'm happy that my club is moving to OYSA permanently.

Cheers,

NEU

Comment

Its amazing how some people will hate and want to hate, and refuse to accept anything else.

For the last few years on here all I read was about all the negatives with this club and how they should make changes at the DOC level, and about all these other issues including the turf fields. All of a sudden six months ago they make a huge change at the top and replace their DOC's and GM. Yet nobody will give those new people any chance to make changes before continuing to bash them. They have already starting making changes, and it will take a few years to really see the differences. But already in that short amount of time the new GM has managed deals, and from the sounds of it are getting ready to start installing the turf. Even with him making this happen in a fairly short period of time, those haters will still keep hating.

I'm happy, I've noticed a change already. Especially in the communication.

Comment

actually OYSA is not a joke. We did the OYSA state cup instead of our OPL Cup because the OPL Cup is terrible!

We dominate the OPL and came over to OYSA and competed but did not advance. I'm happy that my club is moving to OYSA permanently.

Cheers,

NEU
          Must be a boys team. Exactly the opposite on the girls side. Both are jokes since the split.

Comment

And just who is "the rest of us"?, that will benefit.
            Any time I am playing an away game, I love it when I am playing in a new complex or on a new field. Don't you? It makes the experience so much better... Not to mention there would be many others who would benefit from having turf fields in that location... adult leagues, lacrosse, whatever... You have to agree, yes?

Comment

OYSA State cups are a joke since the split.
              The boys side is 100X better than OPL. OPL is one step down from YMCA.

Comment

Ha ha, no doubt. You watch, if washT announces that a deal has been struck to install turf, there will still be haters bashing - in fact, it will probably increase. but you said it very well. I see massive change going on that feels positive. turf would just be icing. And parents are taking notice as you can hear the tone of discussions changing for the better.

Comment

The boys side is 100X better than OPL. OPL is one step down from YMCA.
                  Wont argue that, but the opposite also applies for the girls. Neither tournament is close to be competitive why do you think we are getting all these weak Washington Timbers teams invading our tournament. On one hand it is upsetting that we will have Washington teams as Oregon state champions. On the other thank goodness how sad would it be without them. Regardless Oregon is in sad shape and the PDX Timbers and good old fashioned greed are to blame.

Comment

Ha ha, no doubt. You watch, if washT announces that a deal has been struck to install turf, there will still be haters bashing - in fact, it will probably increase. but you said it very well. I see massive change going on that feels positive. turf would just be icing. And parents are taking notice as you can hear the tone of discussions changing for the better.
                    the fields are happening, they wouldn't be tearing up a perfect square at the exact location where they say they are building the fields for no reason. I'm sure we will hear an announcement soon enough.

Comment

I'm the OP about the turf fiasco. My experience was based on the ineptitude of the previous regime. I'm truly glad things are improving under new management. I genuinely hope the facilities get built and are done right. I agree, it can be an asset for the local area.

Unfortunately it came too late for our situation. It will take several years if not more to turn around the damage done by the previous so called leaders, especially on the girls side.

Best wishes! Can't wait to run around on it.

Comment

The fields are suppose to be done by July is what my wife said she was told by a board member @ the game on Sunday.

Otherwise, we've been in the dark.

No player evaluations for 2 years. Practices were cancelled entirely too many times to start the year.

For now we're stuck with it. Our DD only wants to play for Wa. Timbers, go figure.

I'm out of the loop...on purpose. But she also said several people were coming back like Garen. There'll be a bunch leaving too, just like any year I guess.

Comment

GM

They're already trying to give credit to a GM and DOC the were only installed 3 months ago.

If that's all it took was to hire those two, how inept was the BOD?

Truth is the old GM was getting things done, some of the board members didn't like it, including the only DoC left. The fields look great now, because he was working hard the year prior to make them look that was with virtually NO budget.

The loss of him to the community is really tragic. Some of the people that should have supported him didn't and really reflects on their character more than anything.

Comment

The fields are suppose to be done by July is what my wife said she was told by a board member @ the game on Sunday.

Otherwise, we've been in the dark.

No player evaluations for 2 years. Practices were cancelled entirely too many times to start the year.

For now we're stuck with it. Our DD only wants to play for Wa. Timbers, go figure.

I'm out of the loop...on purpose. But she also said several people were coming back like Garen. There'll be a bunch leaving too, just like any year I guess.
                            here is a short release sent out to members just now.

http://files.ctctcdn.com/021ea8d3101...2093a3dd66.pdf

Comment

They're already trying to give credit to a GM and DOC the were only installed 3 months ago.

If that's all it took was to hire those two, how inept was the BOD?

Truth is the old GM was getting things done, some of the board members didn't like it, including the only DoC left. The fields look great now, because he was working hard the year prior to make them look that was with virtually NO budget.

The loss of him to the community is really tragic. Some of the people that should have supported him didn't and really reflects on their character more than anything.
                              I agree 100% having worked with the prior Gm, I know he put a ton of effort on the club and now being installed turf fields as well as the club Hq and the snack shack. It's sad they couldn't thank him in the official annoincement they just sent out.

Comment

Fcsc has three more of Timbers coaches on their website.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X