Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good D2 teams are better than bad D1 teams. If someone is unwilling to accept that, then the discussion is at an end. I've watched D2 teams dominate D1 teams and they looked better in every way with just a few players on the D1 team that were as good. I've seen it the other way too. The biggest difference between D1 and D2, particularly on the mens side, is usually size, not coaching, technical ability, soccer IQ or any of that other stuff than could mean anything to anybody.
    I don't think anyone is unwilling to accept that a good D2 team COULD be better than a bad D1 team. Concordia is not a good D2 team in the rankings world and Portland State is not at the bottom of the D1 world. For the original poster then to rant on about Concordia being better than bad PAC 12 colleges is simply ridiculous. On a good day for Concordia and a bad day for Oregon or Arizona State perhaps but highly unlikely.

Comment

Good D2 teams are better than bad D1 teams. If someone is unwilling to accept that, then the discussion is at an end. I've watched D2 teams dominate D1 teams and they looked better in every way with just a few players on the D1 team that were as good. I've seen it the other way too. The biggest difference between D1 and D2, particularly on the mens side, is usually size, not coaching, technical ability, soccer IQ or any of that other stuff than could mean anything to anybody.
      I don't think we can consider Concordia a good D2 program yet. They've only been there for 11 games. They are playing great so far, but I don't think we can consider them a great D2 program after just 11 games. Given their track record, I expect they will be a great D2 program, but I just don't think they are there yet.

Comment

I don't think we can consider Concordia a good D2 program yet. They've only been there for 11 games. They are playing great so far, but I don't think we can consider them a great D2 program after just 11 games. Given their track record, I expect they will be a great D2 program, but I just don't think they are there yet.
        But still, better than PSU in my opinion. Or at least even.

Comment

But still, better than PSU in my opinion. Or at least even.
          We all have one don't we? This one will be difficult to prove or disprove. Hell, why stop there? They may be at least even with UCLA. It isn't as though anyone can refute it.

Comment

They are definitely better than Portland State and probably Oregon too.

Comment

Sunset > Concordia

Comment

They are better than PSU. PSU tied Oregon preseason so they must also be better than Oregon. Oh, but wait Oregon beat SPU preseason... what does it all mean???

Comment

They are better than PSU. PSU tied Oregon preseason so they must also be better than Oregon. Oh, but wait Oregon beat SPU preseason... what does it all mean???
                  Let's see. The Blazers beat Golden State last night. Golden State are the world champions. I guess the Blazers are the best basketball team in the world now.

Come on.

Comment

Sunset > Concordia
                    Only if the refs call it correctly. If they allow Concordia to be 5 yards offside and give Concordia a phatom hand ball in the box, then Concordia would win. But ONLY if those things happened.

Comment

Sunset > Concordia
                      Sunset > Stanford

Comment

Lol. So desperate to show PSU is 'div 1'. But unfortunately, not all Div 1 created equally. I agree Concordia > PSU. It's close though, to be perfectly honest.

Comment

Lol. So desperate to show PSU is 'div 1'. But unfortunately, not all Div 1 created equally. I agree Concordia > PSU. It's close though, to be perfectly honest.
                          Sunset > PSU

Comment

Sunset > PSU
                            That didn't even need to be said. Once it was stated that Sunset > Concordia... Of course Sunset > PSU. Simple logic.

Comment

That didn't even need to be said. Once it was stated that Sunset > Concordia... Of course Sunset > PSU. Simple logic.
                              Sunset > USWNT

Comment

Sunset > USWNT
                                Following the logic of the thread I would have to agree!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X