Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Great idea if the staff is paying their own way.
    Everyone on wash timbers board is an expert at one thing: spending other people's money.

Comment

The Washington timbers invited our coaching staff when Ajax was in town. I personally couldn't make it but I know a few from Eastside, Westside and the Washington State Technical Director was in attendance.
      Washington Timbers are sending players and staff next year as well as Ajax coming back. I hear this will be a yearly deal and could be opened up to the alliance.

I also heard that Westside, Washington timbers and us are bringing in Real Madrid next summer. Good things going on in our soccer community. The more coaching education the better. Need to update those coaches that coach the game as if it were 1987
      Who is paying? When does it translate into wins over rec teams?

Comment

Who is paying? When does it translate into wins over rec teams?
        I don't know who paid. Looking at your "wins" comment above you would have benefitted from one of the presentations. Ajax doesn't focus on results until players are ready. They say that is at around 19 years old. They don't even show game results and stats until U16.

Comment

I don't know who paid. Looking at your "wins" comment above you would have benefitted from one of the presentations. Ajax doesn't focus on results until players are ready. They say that is at around 19 years old. They don't even show game results and stats until U16.
          Three weeks ago 90% of wa timbers staff were pronouncing it AJACKZ and thought it was a household cleaner.

Comment

You probably would benefit from telling everyone the cost of the Ajax academy to parents and the age that cost starts. When will wa timbers transition to this model along with the no scoring? Ages 18-22 is interesting. When will you start telling parents That the timbers/Ajax don't think their kid should go to college?

Comment

You probably would benefit from telling everyone the cost of the Ajax academy to parents and the age that cost starts. When will wa timbers transition to this model along with the no scoring? Ages 18-22 is interesting. When will you start telling parents That the timbers/Ajax don't think their kid should go to college?
              They already have the "no scoring" part figured out.

Comment

All that really translates from AJACKZ to the lowly wa timbers is the drills. Considering the end goals of each group. Ajax funds their academy by selling their players for $millions.

These goofs will spout anything they can to get a free trip to the Netherlands.

Comment

The Timbers/Ajax relationship is brand new. This may or may not develop into great things. Just see where it goes and chill. I for one, appreciate the effort to see where it may go. Ajax is a big deal and a relationship could end up giving our kids some neat opportunities. Leave it at that. And if you want no part of it, that's ok too. I doubt there are any details to share at this point.

Comment

Three weeks ago 90% of wa timbers staff were pronouncing it AJACKZ and thought it was a household cleaner.
                    Good stuff.

Comment

No dog in this fight, have heard good things about Wa. Timbers DOC, and working to get coaches' in our club broader exposure similar to what ***C is doing here.

But one nit on not tracking results (picture taken from coach visiting Ajax Academy in August and yes, you read that u11 score correctly):

https://twitter.com/JOGASC/status/634321729863741440

Throw in the fact that Ajax is not a pay-to-play model (essentially a futbol factory), I would be careful about idolizing their model (or assume it will work lock, stock, and barrel here w/out the other aspects of the model in place). Doesn't mean we can't all (or shouldn't) learn from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Xavi View Post
                        No dog in this fight, have heard good things about Wa. Timbers DOC, and working to get coaches' in our club broader exposure similar to what ***C is doing here.

But one nit on not tracking results (picture taken from coach visiting Ajax Academy in August and yes, you read that u11 score correctly):

https://twitter.com/JOGASC/status/634321729863741440

Throw in the fact that Ajax is not a pay-to-play model (essentially a futbol factory), I would be careful about idolizing their model (or assume it will work lock, stock, and barrel here w/out the other aspects of the model in place). Doesn't mean we can't all (or shouldn't) learn from them.
                        Their model has to be awesome...it eliminates the very people that hinder development in this game , PARENTS.

Comment

Their model has to be awesome...it eliminates the very people that hinder development in this game , PARENTS.
                          No wa timber coach would last more than a year there. They also have ACCOUNTABILITY for performance

Comment

No wa timber coach would last more than a year there. They also have ACCOUNTABILITY for performance
                            No, not for performance. Only for development. Their goal is to have, assuming my memory serves me right, the first team consist of 2/3 from their academy and to get top dollars for others that are lured away to different clubs. Again, focus is on development as a business model.

Our pay to play model is very different.

Comment

we have fences around the practice to keep the parents away here at the Washington timbers. Problem solved!

Comment

we have fences around the practice to keep the parents away here at the Washington timbers. Problem solved!
                                SMDH this discussion is absurd on so many levels.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X