Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is incredibly disheartening to come on here and see the rampant stupidity and thinly veiled hatred of so many posters.

Are their people scamming disability? Sure.

Are there kids who are screwed by age 2 or 3 or earlier because they already are in foster homes, and/or were born addicted to some drug, and/or were severely neglected and/or physically/sexually abused? Yes, in thousands and thousands.

To suggest that these problems are caused by being liberal is to present a gross carcicature of what it means to be liberal.

Do you really think you have a more sophisticated and fine-grained understanding of social problems than folks like Obama? Do you truly, truly believe that someone like McConnell from Kentucky, wedded to tobacco and 1950s social beliefs, has a more sophisticated understanding than Obama?

If our social problems were simple we wouldn't have them.

The thinking expressed here is no different than what I saw in the all of the comments posted with an online article about a monkey at an IKEA in Canada....joke after joke about Obama and Obama's kids being the monkey or the monkey's cousin or whatever.

It is really easy to think you know something when you are sitting in your barcolounger watching you 65 inch 1080 HD TV feeling like a bigshot who is being aggrieved by that black dude in the President's office. Puffed up masculinity and puffed up pseudo-intelligence that have the density of cotton candy.
    The thinly veiled racism that assumes that minorities are the primary recipients of assistance is nauseating. Nearly half of all benefits go to the eldery and whites comprise the majority of welfare recipients.

Comment

You left out the most important point......it's not just about money.

"A generation ago, working-class parents spent slightly more time with their kids than college-educated parents. Now college-educated parents spend an hour more every day. This attention gap is largest in the first three years of life when it is most important."

This problem is less about kids, less about money, than it is about the time invested in the lives of children.

Taxes won't fix this problem.
      I love the reference and distinction between "working class" and "college educated" parents as if the later doesn't actual do work. The Dems are masters at Orwellian double speak. Who are these idiots?

Comment

Liberals will be this country's undoing. It's a shame.

Comment

The thinly veiled racism that assumes that minorities are the primary recipients of assistance is nauseating. Nearly half of all benefits go to the eldery and whites comprise the majority of welfare recipients.
          And most important, does color even matter when stacked up against (1) more people than ever and (2) more spent than ever ($1 trillion over the past year).

What the politics gets away from, what this OP highlighted, is that this is about standard of living. And for more people, not fewer, it's headed in the wrong direction (and it hasn't been a blip).

And to the IKEA poster, yes, it is entirely a function of liberalism. Not what you confuse with party politics (because there are few conservatives in Washington, there are Neo-Cons - social conservatives and fiscal liberals). Milton Friedman was a conservative. Play any video of MF speaking on these topics 30-40 years ago (welfare state) and all you'll hear is prescient foreboding doom.

More government, in this context, is bad government. It hurts rather than helps. But sure, defend liberalism. Despite all the traffic jams, we sure do have the nicest roads in my lifetime, that's for sure. They weren't cheap though...

Comment

So why does every elite college and university in the country, with the most brilliant minds in the country, lean to the left? Don't trip over your white sheet trying to figure that out.

Comment

Let's be honest. Conservatism doesn't have a chance until it breaks from its roots in racism, sexual oppression and bigotry, fundamentalist Christianity, deep-seated misogyny, hatred of difference and anything it can't understand, and embrace of semi-automatic weapons.

Comment

Mitt Romney. What a phony.

Obama for 4 more years, and then Hillary for 8.

Checkmate.

Comment

Let's be honest. Conservatism doesn't have a chance until it breaks from its roots in racism, sexual oppression and bigotry, fundamentalist Christianity, deep-seated misogyny, hatred of difference and anything it can't understand, and embrace of semi-automatic weapons.
                  And you probably think Obama has a mandate.

Comment

So why does every elite college and university in the country, with the most brilliant minds in the country, lean to the left? Don't trip over your white sheet trying to figure that out.
                    Defending elitism. Superb. While your at it, care to extend your point to examine the demographics of constituencies?

The pathetic irony is calling conservatives "oppressors" of race and class, when the very policies liberals embrace towards the poor and disenfranchised perpetuate the problem. But they've never had an issue with that...it perpetuates votes too.

Comment

If you mean Obama the community organizer poverty pimp than yes I do think I have a better understanding and I would have to say Mitch does as well. This country was a far better place in the 1950s than it is now and all your liberal whining can’t change that. If I am not mistaken in the 1950s a tax payer payed $1 out of every $20 in taxes and now it is 1 in 5. No wonder why kids were better behaved – mom was home to watch them. As far as “brilliant minds” running colleges, how else can the electorate be dumbed down to the point where it is today other than by “education”. Thank God I went to college as an adult and was already the victim of government extortion before I heard the crap being slung around in the mandatory classes. People today that are under 40 are sufferers of Stockholm syndrome and have been completely brainwashed by their captors – the K-22 education system. The young kids today that go to government schools are really screwed. FYI for your clouded vision take a look at the best and worst run states for 2012. I believe the top 5 are red states and the bottom 5 are blue except for 1.

Comment

If you mean Obama the community organizer poverty pimp than yes I do think I have a better understanding and I would have to say Mitch does as well. This country was a far better place in the 1950s than it is now and all your liberal whining can’t change that. If I am not mistaken in the 1950s a tax payer payed $1 out of every $20 in taxes and now it is 1 in 5. No wonder why kids were better behaved – mom was home to watch them. As far as “brilliant minds” running colleges, how else can the electorate be dumbed down to the point where it is today other than by “education”. Thank God I went to college as an adult and was already the victim of government extortion before I heard the crap being slung around in the mandatory classes. People today that are under 40 are sufferers of Stockholm syndrome and have been completely brainwashed by their captors – the K-22 education system. The young kids today that go to government schools are really screwed. FYI for your clouded vision take a look at the best and worst run states for 2012. I believe the top 5 are red states and the bottom 5 are blue except for 1.
                        The cuonterculture of the 60's is close to mainstrream American culture today. It has taken over 40 years, but he lefties gave up the bombs and violence and took their time spreading their Gospel of Liberalism, progressive views, whatever you want to call it in higher education. Sex , drugs and what is left of Rock & Roll, now replaced by Hip Hop mishmash . Take a look at who is going to the White House these days. Geitner and Sharpton, two tax cheats, advising Obama on Tax issues. Why not invite Rangel and Dashel ? Then for your cultural celebration, have Led Zepplin stop by to be praised. Forget about the facts, massive drug & alcohol use, underage girls used for sex , vandalism etc. Something to be proud of for sure.

Hang out with Jay Z lately Obama ? Let's put up some of the lyrics to his songs, where the problems of the comminity at large are glorified and worshipped. Guns, n word, disrepect for women, the thug life...it's all cool, because the Prez is cool. Bring along Beyonce , 'casue Obama has said about her" I can't think of a better role model for my daughters" With all the great women in Amercian History, that's all you could come up with ?

Comment

You forgot checkmate.

And thank you for beating me to the punch that Obama NOT being so enlightened is precisely the problem.

What's next, someone is going to suggest he has some advanced knowledge on economics as well? The guy could have a balanced budget within a decade by limiting spending to a pace below that of inflation (never mind some sizable cuts into spending). But no, that's not the path chosen, instead it's about the politics of taxes, and this myopic obsession with raising income tax rates to "pay down the deficit" (a household would have the options of cutting what they spend, or taking on another job - Obama is focused on the latter not the former I guess). Too bad all of Obaam's wrangling is a dime on the dollar when it comes to a $1.1+ trillion dollar budget deficit. He could raise those rates to 50% and it wouldn't make a dent. Makes for great class warfare politics though...

Comment

Because not all Republicans are stupid but all stupid people are Republicans.

Comment

Because not all Republicans are stupid but all stupid people are Republicans.
                              Was that supposed to be funny or clever?

But as I previously posted, let's actually dig into the demographics of constituencies. Dropouts, GEDs, HS diplomas, college degrees, advanced degrees, etc.

Comment

And most important, does color even matter when stacked up against (1) more people than ever and (2) more spent than ever ($1 trillion over the past year).

What the politics gets away from, what this OP highlighted, is that this is about standard of living. And for more people, not fewer, it's headed in the wrong direction (and it hasn't been a blip).

And to the IKEA poster, yes, it is entirely a function of liberalism. Not what you confuse with party politics (because there are few conservatives in Washington, there are Neo-Cons - social conservatives and fiscal liberals). Milton Friedman was a conservative. Play any video of MF speaking on these topics 30-40 years ago (welfare state) and all you'll hear is prescient foreboding doom.

More government, in this context, is bad government. It hurts rather than helps. But sure, defend liberalism. Despite all the traffic jams, we sure do have the nicest roads in my lifetime, that's for sure. They weren't cheap though...
                                Funny how you teanuts will criticize expenditures on social programs and infrastructure but not blink when we buy 750 F22 Raptors that the military we admits we don't need at $230M per unit. How many trillions has this government spent on ships, tanks, and airplanes that have never seen action in a conflict.

As long as we are devising new and more efficient ways to kill people and spending billions on it you are happy but to make sure that a kid doesn't go to bed hungry or that they have a classroom with less than 40 students.

You have done your best to make liberal a four letter word but I am proud to be a liberal, I know why I pay taxes, don't complain about it, and understand that a society exists to support everyone's needs, not just the priviliged few.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X