Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disgusting Things Heard On The Sidelines

I was at a U12 game this weekend in which one team's striker was a bigger kid who was using his size to his advantage. At one point, he shouldered into a defender a little more aggressively than was necessary, sending the other kid crumbling to the ground, and it was probably a foul. Regardless, it wasn't called and a goal was scored a few seconds later. At this point, the opposing team's parents came completely unhinged. Yelling to their kids about gloves being off, etc. One mother even yelled, "OPEN SEASON!" I mean seriously, these parents were actively encouraging their 11-year old children to go out and play dirty. And it wasn't just one or two parents, it was a lot of them. I've seen some questionable behavior on the sidelines, but this was just vile.

So what teams' parents have this kind of reputation, and did we just run into one of them? Do a-holes just gravitate to certain teams?

[Wasn't Bayside, btw.]

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was at a U12 game this weekend in which one team's striker was a bigger kid who was using his size to his advantage. At one point, he shouldered into a defender a little more aggressively than was necessary, sending the other kid crumbling to the ground, and it was probably a foul. Regardless, it wasn't called and a goal was scored a few seconds later. At this point, the opposing team's parents came completely unhinged. Yelling to their kids about gloves being off, etc. One mother even yelled, "OPEN SEASON!" I mean seriously, these parents were actively encouraging their 11-year old children to go out and play dirty. And it wasn't just one or two parents, it was a lot of them. I've seen some questionable behavior on the sidelines, but this was just vile.

So what teams' parents have this kind of reputation, and did we just run into one of them? Do a-holes just gravitate to certain teams?

[Wasn't Bayside, btw.]

There are so many parents who yell inappropriate things, discuss inappropriate things with other parents. I'm sure geographical regions play into it somewhat but your likely to find at least one or two on every team. if you don't have it wait awhile.. you will.. People LOVE their kids, and they LOVE when they can say they are good or better than whomever at something. Recognize it and realize it's all just part of the process , almost all the kids are within normal ability ranges and will grow up to be fine adults, few will play 4 years at a college, some will play less than that and some not at all but also some of them will LOVE their kids a bit too much and too loudly when they get older.

Comment

I heard a coach of a well-respected club yell at an opposing player this weekend.

Comment

There are so many parents who yell inappropriate things, discuss inappropriate things with other parents. I'm sure geographical regions play into it somewhat but your likely to find at least one or two on every team. if you don't have it wait awhile.. you will.. People LOVE their kids, and they LOVE when they can say they are good or better than whomever at something. Recognize it and realize it's all just part of the process , almost all the kids are within normal ability ranges and will grow up to be fine adults, few will play 4 years at a college, some will play less than that and some not at all but also some of them will LOVE their kids a bit too much and too loudly when they get older.
        Stay away from NE soccer. It's part of the process unfortunately.

Comment

I heard a coach of a well-respected club yell at an opposing player this weekend.
          So what?
          The opposing player probably deserved it.

Comment

So what?
            The opposing player probably deserved it.
            Well, for raising your hand and saying "it's out"?

Just because your mad at the ref, don't take it out on teenage girls....

Comment

Stay away from NE soccer. It's part of the process unfortunately.
              As if that behavior is not replicated all over the place and in all sports.

Be real.

Comment

Well, for raising your hand and saying "it's out"?

Just because your mad at the ref, don't take it out on teenage girls....
                Boo hoo.

Comment

As if that behavior is not replicated all over the place and in all sports.

Be real.
                  Appears that the I'm rubber you're glue thing still gets MA traction it seems.

Comment

Boo hoo.
                    And there you go.

Can't complain about parents if they are paying money to a club that supports it.

Comment

A certain CT U12 boys team? They must be teaching those giant kids how to take people out instead of how to play. They are worse than any other NE team we faced. And the parents go crazy yelling at the ref and telling the kids what to do. Only it doesn't work for them too well. HAHA.

CT soccer sucks.

Comment

Ear Plugs- get ear plugs to turn down the volume of all the BS. It really does help. It makes it much easier to ignore and not respond.

Comment

Ear Plugs- get ear plugs to turn down the volume of all the BS. It really does help. It makes it much easier to ignore and not respond.
                          Nah. Just park yourself down at either end of the field. Avoid the middle where the yentas congregate.

Comment

^^^^^ So true, it is like you were there.

Comment

Nah. Just park yourself down at either end of the field. Avoid the middle where the yentas congregate.
                              Also the place if you don’t want others to hear what you say.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X