Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I started to reply with the same...then noticed the OP didn't mention D1.

So, I'm sure there are rosters like that, but not D1
    Yes I am the op and I did not mention D1 on purpose, just as posters here keep talking about needing ECNL and DA to play “college soccer” and not mentioning D1. Just pointing out that there are many levels of college soccer, and many college teams who don’t even look at ECNL/DA players to recruits. Just keeping real.

Comment

Yes I am the op and I did not mention D1 on purpose, just as posters here keep talking about needing ECNL and DA to play “college soccer” and not mentioning D1. Just pointing out that there are many levels of college soccer, and many college teams who don’t even look at ECNL/DA players to recruits. Just keeping real.
      I have seen HS girls who can barely kick a ball go to D3 schools. If someone wants to say they played college soccer, there is a team somewhere that will take them. D3 gives zero athletic money so adding a kid to a roster costs them next to nothing. So yes technically you do not need ECNL/DA to play "college" soccer.

Comment

I have seen HS girls who can barely kick a ball go to D3 schools. If someone wants to say they played college soccer, there is a team somewhere that will take them. D3 gives zero athletic money so adding a kid to a roster costs them next to nothing. So yes technically you do not need ECNL/DA to play "college" soccer.
        Correct, and I’d say 90-95% of local club players play D3 if they play college soccer, but yet there is still post after post of people telling us that you need ECNL/DA to play just “college soccer”. Yes, besides the rare exception, top 50 D1 is where it’s probably NEEDED, but how many local kids are landing at those schools anyway? So the big ECNL/DA “selling point” is deceptive unless you add that Top 50 D1 caveat.

Comment

Correct, and I’d say 90-95% of local club players play D3 if they play college soccer, but yet there is still post after post of people telling us that you need ECNL/DA to play just “college soccer”. Yes, besides the rare exception, top 50 D1 is where it’s probably NEEDED, but how many local kids are landing at those schools anyway? So the big ECNL/DA “selling point” is deceptive unless you add that Top 50 D1 caveat.
          All you need to do is poke around at some of the rosters and see where players come from at top programs vs lower level ones. It's also math - ECNL and GDA only graduate so many players a year but there's many more slots that need to be filled. Yes what level you play at will impact what level you should target in college, but neither league is a "necessity" to play in college. In some areas players might not have a good ECNL or GDA club nearby and have to do something else, but still can land good spots with hard work and commitment.

Comment

Show me a D1 roster like this. I'll just sit and wait for your reply.
            Not the poster - but even on rosters that have a large number ECNL or DA players that doesn't mean those are all quality players. The badge is no guarantee. Take a look at D1 rosters in the bottom 1/3 you'd find plenty of NPL players as well as ECNL and DA players who weren't standouts in club or HS.

Comment

NEFC traveled to GA and lost all the games. All losses were bad. The best result was 2-0 and the worst they didn’t score a single goal across all age groups. 4 defeats and 15 goals against. Ouch! Time to question NB as a DOC and coach. Way over his head. His nepotism and how he gives out waivers are catching up with him. Players and families are losing respect in a daily basis.

Comment

NEFC traveled to GA and lost all the games. All losses were bad. The best result was 2-0 and the worst they didn’t score a single goal across all age groups. 4 defeats and 15 goals against. Ouch! Time to question NB as a DOC and coach. Way over his head. His nepotism and how he gives out waivers are catching up with him. Players and families are losing respect in a daily basis.
                They played one the best teams in the country WITHOUT their best players (many who are their best scorers) who are on waiver. Pretty sure all of the local teams here would have similar results if they played Top Hat without their best scorers too.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  They played one the best teams in the country WITHOUT their best players (many who are their best scorers) who are on waiver. Pretty sure all of the local teams here would have similar results if they played Top Hat without their best scorers too.
                  Has no one figured out that NEFC wins even when they lose? Read the threads. It’s pretty funny.

Comment

Don’t let those that sacrificed HS to play DA hear you. Top hat is in the same situation as NEFC. And label them one of the best in the country is questionable. Bad management and poor coaching. Drool all you want and even WITH what you call best players they are average now. Plus being outscored 15-0 is sad. Not even 1 miserable goal?

Comment

Don’t let those that sacrificed HS to play DA hear you. Top hat is in the same situation as NEFC. And label them one of the best in the country is questionable. Bad management and poor coaching. Drool all you want and even WITH what you call best players they are average now. Plus being outscored 15-0 is sad. Not even 1 miserable goal?
                      top hat is a good, not great, club with the benefit of being the only one in a large metro area. they also standout in a region that is better than NE but not nearly as good as out west. in other words, a butt kicking by that level a club isn't good.

Comment

Nefc DA is awful.NE DA teams are mediocre at best and get trounced by other divisions.Wasting money to travel to California knowing the odds of losing is not smart.Dreamers.

Comment

Nefc DA is awful.NE DA teams are mediocre at best and get trounced by other divisions.Wasting money to travel to California knowing the odds of losing is not smart.Dreamers.
                          So did NEFC actually have to travel to Atlanta just to play a league game? Or was it more than that? Seems incredibly stupid to travel that far just for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                            So did NEFC actually have to travel to Atlanta just to play a league game? Or was it more than that? Seems incredibly stupid to travel that far just for that.
                            NEFC traveled to play a DA league game with an out of region team.

Comment

DA Cup game. Tophat comes North in a couple of weeks. Most games more Regional-based but NEFC got worked a little on this.

Comment

Delusional folks

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X