Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Again, comes down to management and coaching. DA has issues and won't cure all, but there are other issues when it comes to who they're putting on the field now and who is coaching them.
    i look at the current group of players in the 18-22 age range and i am encouraged. So, i don't see how DA is totally failing. of course there are issues, and lots that needs to change, but those morons that blame every usmnt failure on DA because their kids didnt get picked or just to be a miserable troll are 100% wrong.

Comment

We named an unaccomplished MLS coach to lead our team.

Let's start there.

USSF is clueless.
      Agree. Goal #2 against mexico is on him with his ridiculous build out the back no matter what philosophy. you need to walk before you can sprint. you can't expect this group to play like manchester city and follow build out the back like a religion. also, clean out the dead wood. what has zardes done? we have younger players that deserve a shot. although Dest was roasted by Tecatico, i think he's a talent. Same for Robinson, Pulisic, Sargent. There's hope for when this young group all matures. But if the federation keeps on screwing up, having some promising youngsters wont mean a thing.

Comment

the real problem isnt the coach or any of the players.

Why are ANY of them there? because its a busted ass system with a style of play better suited for a kickball team full of retired NFL players.

We have SOME NT talent... but what we really have is a bunch of athletes. It's just part of the american ethos, look at the rest of our big time sports... huge ass guys pumped full of roids until they can just outrun, outjump, and outpower the opponents... yea the skill is required but take any diligent HS basketball player and put him in Lebron's body and you have an NBA caliber player... refine from there to be truly great.

Just doesnt work for soccer, skill/touch first, athleticism is also important, but second to skill.

Just look up some of Maradona's old highlight reels from when he was chubby and coked out! dude was as athletic as me at a point but was still a top tier player.

Comment

the real problem isnt the coach or any of the players.

Why are ANY of them there? because its a busted ass system with a style of play better suited for a kickball team full of retired NFL players.

We have SOME NT talent... but what we really have is a bunch of athletes. It's just part of the american ethos, look at the rest of our big time sports... huge ass guys pumped full of roids until they can just outrun, outjump, and outpower the opponents... yea the skill is required but take any diligent HS basketball player and put him in Lebron's body and you have an NBA caliber player... refine from there to be truly great.

Just doesnt work for soccer, skill/touch first, athleticism is also important, but second to skill.

Just look up some of Maradona's old highlight reels from when he was chubby and coked out! dude was as athletic as me at a point but was still a top tier player.
          this is the same tired s*** that lazy analysts have been spouting for years. and it's wrong. The young kids are plenty skilled and plenty technical and are not big time athletes. two of the best young talents - dest, pulisic, are what 5'7" and barely 150 pounds if that.

what is lacking is international experience at a world class level. MLS is not the same as Europe. 80% of the team plays on an MLS team. MLS compares to second division in spain or england. if you have a national team where 80-85% of your players play at a level comparable to second division in europe, you will not beat the teams that have 80-85% of their players that are world class, first division players. it's really simple.

Comment

this is the same tired s*** that lazy analysts have been spouting for years. and it's wrong. The young kids are plenty skilled and plenty technical and are not big time athletes. two of the best young talents - dest, pulisic, are what 5'7" and barely 150 pounds if that.

what is lacking is international experience at a world class level. MLS is not the same as Europe. 80% of the team plays on an MLS team. MLS compares to second division in spain or england. if you have a national team where 80-85% of your players play at a level comparable to second division in europe, you will not beat the teams that have 80-85% of their players that are world class, first division players. it's really simple.
            It's tired and lazy but its not inaccurate... and while you are right throughout the second paragraph that's another symptom, not a cause. I'm sure that if the other 80-85% were good enough to play at the top tier in europe they would... they aren't just chillin in the MLS because they might get homesick. Those teams just aren't calling.

Yes, Dest and Pulisic are both small (or normal soccer size lol). Both play in europe, Dest was born and raised overseas and thus trained in Europe he just has an american father... put that kid in our system from birth and we dont know who he is... he probably gets a few thousand bucks a year to play for a DII school. Pulisic went to germany at 16... The way we coach, train and focus here is ****. the philosophy sucks, we cant just outrun the europeans (the latin countries 50/50 lol)

Comment

It's tired and lazy but its not inaccurate... and while you are right throughout the second paragraph that's another symptom, not a cause. I'm sure that if the other 80-85% were good enough to play at the top tier in europe they would... they aren't just chillin in the MLS because they might get homesick. Those teams just aren't calling.

Yes, Dest and Pulisic are both small (or normal soccer size lol). Both play in europe, Dest was born and raised overseas and thus trained in Europe he just has an american father... put that kid in our system from birth and we dont know who he is... he probably gets a few thousand bucks a year to play for a DII school. Pulisic went to germany at 16... The way we coach, train and focus here is ****. the philosophy sucks, we cant just outrun the europeans (the latin countries 50/50 lol)
              well, after i initially balked at your comment, have to admit we have lots of common ground. you know how if you eat a tomato in italy it's like a magical vegetable, but if you eat the same looking tomato in the states it tastes like water. something about the growing conditions of the tomato in large numbers here just doesn't translate well. i feel the same about football. soccer development is a product to be consumed in industrial quantities by suburban kids and not a unique, slow growth process where not every kid should be treated the same and unique taste should be cultivated not watered down. it takes 11 very unique talents to blend into a great team. when you're mass producing a certain type of player you don't get all the elements of the recipe.

Comment

i look at the current group of players in the 18-22 age range and i am encouraged. So, i don't see how DA is totally failing. of course there are issues, and lots that needs to change, but those morons that blame every usmnt failure on DA because their kids didnt get picked or just to be a miserable troll are 100% wrong.
                What a load of Crap.The National team is pitfull & has gone way way backwards since DA started. You'll find most Parent's are aware that DA is nothing but a money machine run by a bunch of Clueless idiot's that would be only allowed to coach Rec in other countries.

Comment

What a load of Crap.The National team is pitfull & has gone way way backwards since DA started. You'll find most Parent's are aware that DA is nothing but a money machine run by a bunch of Clueless idiot's that would be only allowed to coach Rec in other countries.
                  Why is idiots written as a possessive, idiot?

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Dick View Post
                    Stop being a wanker’s, better?

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Dick View Post
                      I got stuck on "team is pitful" I agree they are garbage... but where are the pits? I didnt see any pits...

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                        i look at the current group of players in the 18-22 age range and i am encouraged. So, i don't see how da is totally failing. Of course there are issues, and lots that needs to change, but those morons that blame every usmnt failure on da because their kids didnt get picked or just to be a miserable troll are 100% wrong.
                        just stop moron!

Comment

I got stuck on "team is pitful" I agree they are garbage... but where are the pits? I didnt see any pits...
                          Pretty you can't Coach as good as you can criticize. Ducking spellings Nazi

Comment

Can't Play Simple

So I watched the US play the game. It seemed to me that at least half of their turnovers were created by opting for a low percentage pass when a high percentage pass was available. And I'm not talking about just backwards passes.

The goalkeeper kept insisting on hitting very difficult to play passes when much easier wide open passes were available. But it wasn't just him you can see this all over the field.

I thought Pulisic, Morris, and Leget played real well. Everyone else was basically trash out there. Morris was the best by far making those runs and seemed to be the only one that wanted to go at the goal and shoot. Weston McKennie for example had a header chance in the box and lays his header off to Zardes? Like shoot the ball already. That one boggled my mind.

But yea time and time again if you rewatch it you will see players trying to make really difficult passes.

Why play out of the back possession offense if you are going to always opt for a fancy tricky pass once the ball gets near midfield.

US lost because Mexico simply played simpler and passed more accurately.

Comment

Pretty you can't Coach as good as you can criticize. Ducking spellings Nazi
                              Too many wines for you mom... hope you arent too hung over today!

Comment

US lost because Mexico simply played simpler and passed more accurately.[/QUOTE]
                                Concacaf is low level trash.
                                Mexico beats USA easy , Argentina makes Mexico looks like rec team on an easy 4 0 @$$ kicking game in front of a home crowd.
                                This isn't about DA or blah blah, the players the competition the coaching is just below the rest of the world.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X