Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls highscool tryouts

What are the tryout numbers people are seeing at the highschools now the da is gone?

DA isn't gone. Reign Academy is still kicking.

For high school tryouts, numbers depend on your school...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What are the tryout numbers people are seeing at the highschools now the da is gone?
      Numbers were good enough for there to be cuts and our 3A high school has full rosters for both varsity and JV.

Comment

DA isn't gone. Reign Academy is still kicking.

For high school tryouts, numbers depend on your school...
        Reign is on life support. Having to combine some age groups to make one quality team isn't a good sign.

Comment

Sounds like Redmond could be adding a 4th team this year because their tryout numbers increased so much.

Comment

Reign is on life support. Having to combine some age groups to make one quality team isn't a good sign.
            Yeah right. It’s not like the teams in DA are all combined age groups.

The owners of the reign come to the practices. The first team is prepping to build a stadium in Tacoma and the Academy is getting a permanent home field in Seattle.

Any other tall tales?

Comment

The owners of the reign come to the practices. The first team is prepping to build a stadium in Tacoma and the Academy is getting a permanent home field in Seattle.

Any other tall tales?
              Well at Surf it sure looked like it. I am guessing after this season of 9? out of state travel for games, there will be lots of girls going back to ECNL or quitting. Sad thing is that not all of the best players are in DA, although Reign parents like to believe otherwise. Nothing makes the parents madder than a stud coming in mid-season and taking someone's job away.

Speaking of tall tales, don't you need voters approval for public funding to build that stadium which will probably take years to build? How does this benefit your kid? Zip. Where is this Seattle home field? From what I hear is that you guys are losing the Bellevue College fields to Eastside since the messy divorce. Reign got the kids, but Eastside got the fields and ECNL.

Comment

Any other tall tales?
                Ummm.....I get you want to defend the Reign just like any person would defend a club they play at if others bash it. It justifies your reason for being there. If this person, probably a parent, is posting this do you think there is some truth to the Reign being a mess or at least having issues. Or is it perfect soccer Disneyland going on at the Reign. Maybe they are exaggerating their frustration with the Reign through one liners posted on the internet. However I am seeing a pattern forming of many single line frustration comments about the Reign without people personally identifying themselves. Lol I don't think they are all Bernie posts. The other big clubs have a similar posting pattern that you can probably glean some insight off of. Is the Reign going under. Probably no, the Predmores are well capitalized. Is the Reign going through some terrible youth soccer organization decisions that is ******* off parents. Probably Yes.

Comment

Well at Surf it sure looked like it. I am guessing after this season of 9? out of state travel for games, there will be lots of girls going back to ECNL or quitting. Sad thing is that not all of the best players are in DA, although Reign parents like to believe otherwise. Nothing makes the parents madder than a stud coming in mid-season and taking someone's job away.

Speaking of tall tales, don't you need voters approval for public funding to build that stadium which will probably take years to build? How does this benefit your kid? Zip. Where is this Seattle home field? From what I hear is that you guys are losing the Bellevue College fields to Eastside since the messy divorce. Reign got the kids, but Eastside got the fields and ECNL.
                  Right now Reign teams are practicing at Bobby Morris field alot. I can tell you it is interesting to see a group of DA kids with upper middle class parents shelling out premier soccer money playing on a field, then look to the left and see human feces and homeless people shooting up. We have now solved the kids develop better in the epicenter of poverty and drug use argument. The Reign kids should be monumentally better than all other kids in the US going forward.

Comment

Right now Reign teams are practicing at Bobby Morris field alot. I can tell you it is interesting to see a group of DA kids with upper middle class parents shelling out premier soccer money playing on a field, then look to the left and see human feces and homeless people shooting up. We have now solved the kids develop better in the epicenter of poverty and drug use argument. The Reign kids should be monumentally better than all other kids in the US going forward.
                    First of all, I'm not a current Reign parent so this is not a defense of Reign...

The Northwest School, a $ private school downtown, uses Bobby Morris a lot for their athletic teams. Yes, there is a homeless issue, but the aversion to clubs using the field traces to Jimmy at SU, who decided the environment was unacceptable by his standards. SU in general shuns any fields South unless it's a matter of a specific coach's convenience. An SU coach who lived in Auburn used to have teams practice in Beacon Hill, but it general, SU has been biased against South and downtown Seattle for "safety." That attitude, plus the fierce competition for field space, trickles down to the Reign.

In addition to NWS using the field, you have Hugo House, Seattle's nationally known writer's center, across the street from Bobby Morris, and other solid businesses in the area. Yes, there are homeless people in the park, as there are in other Seattle parks. Bobby Morris as a training site doesn't match the pristine, family friendly fields of Issiquah, but it's not a combat zone. The more youth and community members we have using the field, the safer the area will become. All that said, I imagine some Reign parents aren't happy...

Comment

First of all, I'm not a current Reign parent so this is not a defense of Reign...

The Northwest School, a $ private school downtown, uses Bobby Morris a lot for their athletic teams. Yes, there is a homeless issue, but the aversion to clubs using the field traces to Jimmy at SU, who decided the environment was unacceptable by his standards. SU in general shuns any fields South unless it's a matter of a specific coach's convenience. An SU coach who lived in Auburn used to have teams practice in Beacon Hill, but it general, SU has been biased against South and downtown Seattle for "safety." That attitude, plus the fierce competition for field space, trickles down to the Reign.

In addition to NWS using the field, you have Hugo House, Seattle's nationally known writer's center, across the street from Bobby Morris, and other solid businesses in the area. Yes, there are homeless people in the park, as there are in other Seattle parks. Bobby Morris as a training site doesn't match the pristine, family friendly fields of Issiquah, but it's not a combat zone. The more youth and community members we have using the field, the safer the area will become. All that said, I imagine some Reign parents aren't happy...
                      I will disagree a bit here. A few new developments across the street will not bring Bobby Morris to a safe family friendly environment. The Seattle homeless problem is expanding and not going away. (Which is really a drug problem if you think the Seattle is Dying show on Komo got it right). Small amounts of hard drugs are now not prosecuted as well which will lead to more open use of them in public spaces. That with a tolerance for the park being used to camp out will just get worse and worse. I am not trying to start a homelessness debate here or am I saying the policies are right or wrong. But history in Seattle is proving that the drug and homeless problem will get worse and worse. I have some compassion for that but in no way do I want my kid unsupervised and hanging out in the park late at night and exposed to all of it. The Reign had to hire private security at the park for that reason especially for the later night practices. As you pointed out SU probably has the right attitude to steer away from the field. Take a look at Google Street maps along Nagle Pl and you can easily see what I am talking about. At one spot is a group of homeless garbage and people sleeping and right around the corner a bunch of little kids playing. It's just an odd environment and I would rather keep my kids away from it. I hope the Reign can get a better handle on field space because right now most of the Reign parents are not happy with it.

Comment

Bobby Morris lacks parking as well as the homeless issue which isn't being exaggerated. It's probably tolerable right now when the sun is out until 9pm, but in the winter when it's dark at 5pm that walk back to the car esp for those girls who are driving themselves will be scary

Comment

The Northwest School, a $ private school downtown, uses Bobby Morris a lot for their athletic teams. Yes, there is a homeless issue, but the aversion to clubs using the field traces to Jimmy at SU, who decided the environment was unacceptable by his standards. SU in general shuns any fields South unless it's a matter of a specific coach's convenience. An SU coach who lived in Auburn used to have teams practice in Beacon Hill, but it general, SU has been biased against South and downtown Seattle for "safety."

In addition to NWS using the field, you have Hugo House, Seattle's nationally known writer's center, across the street from Bobby Morris, and other solid businesses in the area. Yes, there are homeless people in the park, as there are in other Seattle parks. Bobby Morris as a training site doesn't match the pristine, family friendly fields of Issiquah, but it's not a combat zone. The more youth and community members we have using the field, the safer the area will become.

Comment

Sorry my post ran twice!

Comment

Bobby Morris lacks parking as well as the homeless issue which isn't being exaggerated. It's probably tolerable right now when the sun is out until 9pm, but in the winter when it's dark at 5pm that walk back to the car esp for those girls who are driving themselves will be scary
                              Private Security is onsite till everyone goes home. I actually wished we had that with Seattle United, as some of those fields were sketchy as well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X