Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    But given the opportunity to also play high school, how many wouldn't jump at the chance? They make the sacrifice because they are forced to.
    You vastly overestimate the draw of high school soccer. No one is being forced to do anything. Even if we assume you are correct about BDA players truly wanting to play high school wouldn’t the fact that they still continue to choose BDA only reinforce its value over high school?

Comment

Like I said, you don’t get it. Some people aspire to play at a higher level.
      What is the higher level in MASS now? Bolts? Revs? NEFC? All 2nd class or lower in the new and improved DA!!! Plenty of people above you now, isnt there .... so, what is the point for anyone now? I dont think that is rain coming from above!

Comment

You vastly overestimate the draw of high school soccer. No one is being forced to do anything. Even if we assume you are correct about BDA players truly wanting to play high school wouldn’t the fact that they still continue to choose BDA only reinforce its value over high school?
        There are no quality 2nd options for boys that allows HS soccer and affords them quality competition and college coach exposure. ECNL might get there but isn't there currently. So, for now, that outweighs HS soccer. But as the poster said that doesn't mean they wouldn't LIKE to play HS if they could. Now that DA is going A and B league I think you'll see more kids skip non MLS DA clubs for ECNL.

Comment

Originally posted by Uninformed Person 1 View Post
          What is the higher level in MASS now? Bolts? Revs? NEFC? All 2nd class or lower in the new and improved DA!!! Plenty of people above you now, isnt there .... so, what is the point for anyone now? I dont think that is rain coming from above!
          Originally posted by Uninformed Person 2 View Post
          There are no quality 2nd options for boys that allows HS soccer and affords them quality competition and college coach exposure. ECNL might get there but isn't there currently. So, for now, that outweighs HS soccer. But as the poster said that doesn't mean they wouldn't LIKE to play HS if they could. Now that DA is going A and B league I think you'll see more kids skip non MLS DA clubs for ECNL.
          Since people here are speculating about something they have very little working knowledge of I'll offer you some specific information regarding the new BDA structure and schedule.

This year the new divisions only effect U19 players for the entire season but will effect the younger ages for DA Cup qualifying. Will they expand it to U17’s and U15’s next year? I think they will but the travel for the younger age will be prohibitive in the eyes of the parents.

The whole “B” league thing is interesting. EVERYONE in the BDA is competing towards the DA Cup regardless of their placement in the “A” or “B” league. The fall games are all part of the DA Cup group stage qualifier and will not count towards the regular season standings. Locally the Revs are in the Northeast/Atlantic "A" division and Beachside, Bolts, Oakwood and Seacoast are in the Northeast "B" league.

In the Northeast/Atlantic "A" league the Revs play Baltimore Armour, Bethesda SC, DC United, Montreal Impact, NYCFC, NYRB, Philly Union and PDA. Only the top (6) U19 teams and top (5) U17 teams will advance to the DA Cup. The question for the Revs is whether or not they can qualify over the other very strong competition they'll face. If not, it also hurts their Academy playoff chances and will almost certainly result in their relegation from the "A" league to the "B" league in 2020.

In the Northeast "B" league Beachside, Bolts, Oakwood and Seacoast all vie for a single spot at the DA Cup. The qualifying team boosts it's Academy playoff chances and will most likely be promoted to the Northeast/Atlantic "A" league in 2020.

From the USSDA: "In the future seasons, DA Cup groups will be based on the previous season’s DA Cup final standings, as well as past regular season performance."

After fall DA Cup qualifying concludes the 32 clubs that advance from the group stage will face off in the Winter Cup in Florida. Those 32 teams will be broken up into 8 group of 4. The final 8 teams left standing after the Winter Cup will move on to compete at the Spring Cup Championship. All other BDA teams that don't qualify for the Winter Cup will play in the traditional DA Winter Showcase of which the DA Cup is a component.

It's important to note that historically the Winter DA Showcase is loaded with hundreds of college coaches actively scouting games. There is no event other than the DA Summer Showcase that draws a similar number. Whether any of the local teams compete in the actual DA Cup remains to be seen but all will be scouted by a large number of the coaches that attend the Showcase. ECNL does not currently offer the same type of exposure. Will that change in the next 3-5 years? Your guess is as good as mine.

The Northeast "B" league may in fact have a local college recruiting advantage over the "A" league. The vast majority of games will be played within Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Exposure to local college coaches "should" be greater for the "B" teams during the actual season. Each BDA game locally is usually scouted by 3-7 college coaches. The Revs games will range geographically from Virginia to Montreal. Local coaches will most certainly scout them less frequently. The Revs will be exposed to a wider range of college coaches during the season for sure.

The 8 teams that move on to the Spring Cup Championship will compete to win the DA Cup. All Spring Cup games will count towards the regular season playoff standings so participating teams have an advantage in making the playoffs. I would imagine the Spring Cup Championship will be VERY heavily attended by college coaches. Should a local team make it to this point it could be very beneficial in terms of exposure. It's VERY unlikely a local team will advance.

Final season standings and DA Cup standings will be used to determine the playoff spots and wildcard berths for the Summer Showcase.

Hopefully this answers any questions people might have about the new format.

Comment

You vastly underestimate the draw of high school soccer. I personally know of two players on a Revs DA team, that plan on switching to play on their High School team their senior year. They are sophomores right now. They would play both HS and DA if they could, as I'm sure 90% of the other DA players would as well, if given a chance. Who wouldn't want to be a star player on your HS team with your friends and classmates? You are delusional to think otherwise.

Comment

You vastly underestimate the draw of high school soccer. I personally know of two players on a Revs DA team, that plan on switching to play on their High School team their senior year. They are sophomores right now. They would play both HS and DA if they could, as I'm sure 90% of the other DA players would as well, if given a chance. Who wouldn't want to be a star player on your HS team with your friends and classmates? You are delusional to think otherwise.
              DA is not the only way to D3 soccer
              Prep is not the only way to D3 soccer

🤔🙄

Comment

You vastly underestimate the draw of high school soccer. I personally know of two players on a Revs DA team, that plan on switching to play on their High School team their senior year. They are sophomores right now.
                Since the Revs cut 40%-50% of their roster year to year it stands to reason those boys may be playing high school their junior year. If they are lucky enough to commit to a decent college soccer program it is naive to believe their future college coach would be pleased if they quit DA for their senior year. You’re thinking like a high school soccer dad.

They would play both HS and DA if they could, as I'm sure 90% of the other DA players would as well, if given a chance.
                I’ve been around DA players for 5 years and I can assure you 90% of them couldn’t care less about HS soccer. HS soccer is very direct soccer. The 70+ players I’ve spoken with over the years are extremely critical of the HS style of play.

Who wouldn't want to be a star player on your HS team with your friends and classmates? You are delusional to think otherwise.
                You’re delusional to think everyone else desperately clamors for validation from their high school classmates the way you obviously did. Should your high school valedictorian forego his/her acceptance to Princeton so he/she can be an academic star at UMass with his/her buddies?

Comment

DA is not the only way to D3 soccer
                  Prep is not the only way to D3 soccer

🤔🙄
                  What percentage of your son’s non-prep high school soccer team committed to a college soccer team last year?

Comment

Since the Revs cut 40%-50% of their roster year to year it stands to reason those boys may be playing high school their junior year. If they are lucky enough to commit to a decent college soccer program it is naive to believe their future college coach would be pleased if they quit DA for their senior year. You’re thinking like a high school soccer dad.

I’ve been around DA players for 5 years and I can assure you 90% of them couldn’t care less about HS soccer. HS soccer is very direct soccer. The 70+ players I’ve spoken with over the years are extremely critical of the HS style of play.

You’re delusional to think everyone else desperately clamors for validation from their high school classmates the way you obviously did. Should your high school valedictorian forego his/her acceptance to Princeton so he/she can be an academic star at UMass with his/her buddies?
                    You know who loves direct players besides HS? DA! No kid that completes 50 passes of 50 sideways and backwards is ever going to make an MLS academy team, let alone the NT. Say what you want, but academy soccer is for 1 or 2 players per team to learn to play direct .... the other 20 on the roster need to feed that pig. US Soccer doesnt care about those 20 kids.

Comment

What percentage of your son’s non-prep high school soccer team committed to a college soccer team last year?
                      Zero, prior to senior year. And this was one of the top teams in D1 in Eastern MA.

Comment

You know who loves direct players besides HS? DA! No kid that completes 50 passes of 50 sideways and backwards is ever going to make an MLS academy team, let alone the NT. Say what you want, but academy soccer is for 1 or 2 players per team to learn to play direct .... the other 20 on the roster need to feed that pig. US Soccer doesnt care about those 20 kids.
                        I was trying to be polite and use inference rather than insult. Since that failed I’ll dumb it down. Non-prep High school soccer is the ugliest brand of soccer. It’s a track meet full of dangerous play. It’s the reason so few players on a high school team get any interest from college programs. Beyond the top 3-4 players on a high school team you have painfully underskilled athletes looking for something to do in the fall.

You may want to attend a few DA matches to educate yourself about the style of play and the tactics employed.

You know who loves DA players? College coaches.

Comment

Zero, prior to senior year. And this was one of the top teams in D1 in Eastern MA.
                          How many committed senior year?

Comment

Reality check DA and Ecnl girls are attending the same colleges as Npl and a few NEP girls .Stop with the delusional posts

Comment

I was trying to be polite and use inference rather than insult. Since that failed I’ll dumb it down. Non-prep High school soccer is the ugliest brand of soccer. It’s a track meet full of dangerous play. It’s the reason so few players on a high school team get any interest from college programs. Beyond the top 3-4 players on a high school team you have painfully underskilled athletes looking for something to do in the fall.

You may want to attend a few DA matches to educate yourself about the style of play and the tactics employed.

You know who loves DA players? College coaches.
                              You know who men's college coaches love? International players.

Comment

Reality check DA and Ecnl girls are attending the same colleges as Npl and a few NEP girls .Stop with the delusional posts
                                We’re talking about boys. Stay in your lane bro.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X